littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got an awkward question

Penka i don't think they are to posh

I don't get it, some folks are too posh to push or what?[/QUOTE]

how many times i have tried something on the net. did not get the right keywords and the thing just did not want to spit out what i wanted. or you get a zillion links, which one is the right one?
    i agree, sometimes we-old- Moscow hands are smiling at the questions and i also think like you do. Nevertheless i still try to help and answer, being here a long time and know a thing or two.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    I don't get it, some folks are too posh to push or what?

how many times i have tried something on the net. did not get the right keywords and the thing just did not want to spit out what i wanted. or you get a zillion links, which one is the right one?
    i agree, sometimes we-old- Moscow hands are smiling at the questions and i also think like you do. Nevertheless i still try to help and answer, being here a long time and know a thing or two.[/QUOTE]

I know, Ben. You are always very helpful.
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."

Some people

Quote Originally Posted by penka View Post
    Ways to marry in RF are limited and all of them lead to ZAGS that issues legal spravkas. A second opinion is good, common sense ditto. Am I missing something?
    I think alot of Russians have lived elsewhere for a good spell.....maybe their Russian spidey sense tells them: legal shit changes all the time, even the most seasoned Russian expert knows the one constant is inconsistency.
    Hell, I dont know....Im tired and have jet lag.
    Last edited by finnandcork; 15-05-2014 at 11:35. Reason: spelling

My Russian wife and I left town early yesterday, before banks opened, to buy some things in Tver. Not knowing if we had enough money I thought, no problem, I'll take my bank book and get some money at the same banks branch in Tver. Mrs. bydand said you can't do that, you can only get money from your branch! Unbelievable! I want a second opinion. I asked her too many times already. Is it true?
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    My Russian wife and I left town early yesterday, before banks opened, to buy some things in Tver. Not knowing if we had enough money I thought, no problem, I'll take my bank book and get some money at the same banks branch in Tver. Mrs. bydand said you can't do that, you can only get money from your branch! Unbelievable! I want a second opinion. I asked her too many times already. Is it true?
    Maybe I'm just old fashioned but if I travel anywhere in Russia and the rest of CIS I still carry a wad of NZ cash with me !

I want a second opinion. I asked her too many times already. Is it true?
    I'd say if your bank is called Sberbank, then it is true. If it's Raiffeisen and your branch is a former Impex Bank branch you might be as well unlucky. With all other banks you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by inorcist View Post
    I'd say if your bank is called Sberbank, then it is true. If it's Raiffeisen and your branch is a former Impex Bank branch you might be as well unlucky. With all other banks you should be fine.

Россельхозбанк.

You mean you got a little paper book still? And not a plastic card?
    Shearing piglets for too much sqealing and too little wool.

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    That babushka was secret Russian psychological weapon/test. If you afraid and don't return, you haven't to be married.
    The Babuska in the Zags where I was married loved my Kiwi accent and invited me into her office for ......
    But seriously we got a big run around and if you are prepared for some of the "obstacles" you can sometimes get them put aside quickly, the best info we got from the babuska was get a "doctors letter" saying my intended was pregant, moved mountains that one (cost US$75 cheap at the price and she supplied the name of the doctor!!!)
    Last edited by sashadidi; 15-05-2014 at 13:12.
    Le toubib m'a mis ex.

I'd say if your bank is called Sberbank, then it is true.
    WHAT???!!!
    Maybe it's true with сберкнижка but I used it the last time yet in USSR.

Every pensioner in Sber has Visa or Master now, withdrawing cash from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok at any ATM.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by AstarD View Post
    You mean you got a little paper book still? And not a plastic card?
    Have the card, but would have had to go to the bank (not open yet) to put more money on it. Which begs the (rhetorical) question, why don't they just tie your card to your savings account?

Have the card, but would have had to go to the bank (not open yet) to put more money on it. Which begs the (rhetorical) question, why don't they just tie your card to your savings account?

The card is the equivalent of a current account - or, if you're American, a checking account.

The savings account is entirely separate - just like back home.

Use internet banking tools to move funds between accounts.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Use internet banking tools to move funds between accounts.
    Or link your card to whichever account you want to ... I can do online with two clicks.

Or link your card to whichever account you want to ... I can do online with two clicks.
    I think it can't be an interest bearing account.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast