littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got an awkward question

I got an awkward question

From time to time I see posts like the following:

My Russian fiancee and myself are going to marry in Russia. Which documents we need to register and where do we go?

My Russian wife/hubby/gf/bf/partner are moving to RF. What documents do we need? Which movers do we use?

Please, tell me, if your fiancee is Russian, he/she never heard of Zags? Is unable to make the needed requirements in Russian? And wtf do you need to turn to expats to pose the question? Your native speaking partner is unable to google things/ call the relatives/ relevant authorities?

I don't get it, some folks are too posh to push or what?
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."

Quote Originally Posted by penka View Post
    From time to time I see posts like the following:

My Russian fiancee and myself are going to marry in Russia. Which documents we need to register and where do we go?

My Russian wife/hubby/gf/bf/partner are moving to RF. What documents do we need? Which movers do we use?

Please, tell me, if your fiancee is Russian, he/she never heard of Zags? Is unable to make the needed requirements in Russian? And wtf do you need to turn to expats to pose the question? Your native speaking partner is unable to google things/ call the relatives/ relevant authorities?

Child brides do not know such things ... they don't have to know

Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by robertmf View Post
    Child brides do not know such things ... they don't have to know
    Child brides are illegal in RF, Robert.

It might be just to get a second opinion on the issue? Good common sense I will say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    It might be just to get a second opinion on the issue? Good common sense I will say.
    Ways to marry in RF are limited and all of them lead to ZAGS that issues legal spravkas. A second opinion is good, common sense ditto. Am I missing something?

No matter what the topic is, I always try to get as much info as possible.

For example I needed a particular document from my hometown back in Germany recently. When I called them they told me they were not responsible any more because I had moved away more then ten years ago. Only because I had researched and discussed this with other people before I knew how to convince the authorities of my hometown to still issue me the document.

So, I don't see anything wrong with the question about marriage, zags etc. Also keep in mind that many zags in Russia refuse to give any answer unless you come in person. You still want to know what roughly to expect, don't you?

My wife did it all for us , a bit time consuming but worth every kopeck in the end...........that's why I am off to the kitchen to bake some banana bread for her

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    My wife did it all for us , a bit time consuming but worth every kopeck in the end...........that's why I am off to the kitchen to bake some banana bread for her
    Vossy, I have to say I LOVE YOU, mate
    Если жизнь тебя обманет,
    Не печалься, не сердись!
    В день уныния смирись:
    День веселья, верь, настанет.

Сердце будущим живет;
    Настоящее уныло:
    Все мгновенно, все пройдет;
    Что пройдет, то будет мило.

Quote Originally Posted by inorcist View Post
    No matter what the topic is, I always try to get as much info as possible.

For example I needed a particular document from my hometown back in Germany recently. When I called them they told me they were not responsible any more because I had moved away more then ten years ago. Only because I had researched and discussed this with other people before I knew how to convince the authorities of my hometown to still issue me the document.

So, I don't see anything wrong with the question about marriage, zags etc. Also keep in mind that many zags in Russia refuse to give any answer unless you come in person. You still want to know what roughly to expect, don't you?
    I agree to what you say, but am unsure if you understood how I mean.
    If my bf/friend/fiancee is of a foreign extract whilst I am Russian and the matter concerns a rather straightforward matter like ZAGS/registration of the marriage, it would be more natural for me to make enquires by phone or by moving my butt around town because I know the language better, I know at least some basics like, where to turn and because of that I am more likely to understand the details, read the small print and pay attention to the nuances that a foreigner might miss. Don't you agree?

Ways to marry in RF are limited and all of them lead to ZAGS that issues legal spravkas. A second opinion is good, common sense ditto. Am I missing something?
    As a foreign in Russia even the most simple thing (seen from a Russians point of view) can look strange (compared to how things is dome at "home"), so it is really just common sense to get a second opinion, just to verify that that this is the way things are.
    The whole life is a long learning procedure, and when everything around you are different from what you were use to, then you have to learn it all over again, and when you are adult then "second opinion" is a good way, often way better than Teachers "order".

But you are right that many questions that comes up in this forum had been answered many time before, and a little searching and reading from the poster could have answered the question, but it is human just to be lazy and throw in what ever question is on your mind.

Over the years I've found the real function of this site and the most import for me has been the free flow of information.

I've found it usefull and I hope I have been able to contribute from time to time.

Could be a million reasons why someone would ask, what might seem to someone else a stupid question. No need to snap their head off!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbynumbnuts View Post
    Over the years I've found the real function of this site and the most import for me has been the free flow of information.

I've found it usefull and I hope I have been able to contribute from time to time.

Could be a million reasons why someone would ask, what might seem to someone else a stupid question. No need to snap their head off!
    I may be speaking out of turn here but I do not believe there was any "snapping of heads off here".....I agree with Penka......if someone has a blossoming relationship with a Russian citizen and they want to take it further into marriage ......then the first port of call is to the intended.......period!

We had a hell of a time getting info for the things we needed. Mainly because our address was in the Podolsk area. You go to an office to get stuff done, wait in line for quite a while for them to tell you your in the wrong office. You then go to the office they said to go to .. wait in line for quite some time, and they have no idea why you would be sent here, nor do they know where we should go ect. Then crap gets worse after the city merged with Moscow.

My wife is Russian she tries her best to find everything on the net, but when she has to take a day off from work for what ends up being for nothing it does get aggravating.

I imagine some posters with these questions are just trying to get to the right place.

I have to dig out this old thread because I just recently went through the 'ZAGS process'. The first time we went there to figure out what documents were needed we gave up after three hours of waiting. The second time we were shouted at by the babushka working there and chased out of the building (no idea why), the third time we were only very vaguely told what to hand in and when we were asking for the exact name of the documents the girl said: 'whatever you consider right' and sent us home. In the end I had to ask an expat friend who got married last year for advice and eventually handed in the same set of documents and it worked out.

I should have done so right away, would have saved me quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by inorcist View Post
    The second time we were shouted at by the babushka working there and chased out of the building (no idea why)
    That babushka was secret Russian psychological weapon/test. If you afraid and don't return, you haven't to be married.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast