littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: How to register on the US 3 year visa > 30 days

How to register on the US 3 year visa > 30 days

My infant has a 3 year tourist visa, and when I tried registering him at FMS or at the Post office they would only allow up to 3 months even though immigration card says lot longer..

Is there a way to extend registration or must we leave and reenter the country?

thx

Reregister in 90 days. Then leave the country before 6 months from date of entry.

Quote Originally Posted by frankjohn2 View Post
    Reregister in 90 days. Then leave the country before 6 months from date of entry.
    Tomorrow I have to do this, and I'm concerned I might be breaking some law which will later come back to bite us...

The person who registered me said how can we reregister without a new immigration entry paper?!

I actually originally took the passport to head of FMS and they said they don't know such a visa and can only register for 90 days...

So question, is there any risk in reregistering without leaving after original 90 days of violating some law?

Which entry date would I write on my registration slip the original date or todays date? Thanks

I do not know the answers as an agency handled the details for a colleague of mine. It seemed to be standard practice for them. My colleague had no problems.

Are you in SPB? If so, I can give you their details.

More info...

When I first registered with my new 3 year visa I noticed that the registration was only for 90 days. I asked and was told that 90 days was the maximum time period for registration. That was not a problem for me as I was scheduled to fly out of Russia on day 89 anyways.

However, a colleague of mine had the same problem but was not planning to leave until near the end of the maximum 6 month period. When asked about this in his situation I was told that he could simply come back a few days before the registration expired and it would be extended. In practice, he was registered again rather than the original registration extended. He had NO problems.

The person who registered me said how can we reregister without a new immigration entry paper?!
    Uhmm, visas are re-registered whenever you travel to another city - no new immigration paper required -- how is that done? (Same theory, IMHO)

Which entry date would I write on my registration slip the original date or todays date?
    As stated, my registrations have always been done by someone else, whether it be a school, hotel, agency -- whoever, so I have NEVER personally seen or filled out the paperwork that is submitted to FMS/post office. But from my colleagues experience and what I was told by the agency that handled my registration - you would put today's date.