littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Traveling in Russia with void Passport + New passport w/o visa

Traveling in Russia with void Passport + New passport w/o visa

Hi,

I have Temporary residence R.V.P.... I recently renewed my passport in Moscow at Canadian embassy and they punched a hole through the old passport where my visa and registration are.

I was going to give in both passports to FMS to get the RVP stamp transferred to the new passport but takes minimum 2 weeks and in the interim I must travel to Moscow.

In Rostov they absolutely check visa and registration upon departure.

Does anyone know the legality of trying to travel using voided passport with visa stamp and new passport without visa?

Will this be a problem? is it permissible?

Any help greatly appreciated.

(I know in Moscow airport they don't check passports visas on internal flights, in Rostov however they do..)

Quote Originally Posted by ChikkyMonkey View Post
    I was going to give in both passports to FMS to get the RVP stamp transferred to the new passport but takes minimum 2 weeks and in the interim I must travel to Moscow.
    Go to the local FMS, tell them about the issue, tell it is urgent.
    I got my stamp in my new passport within 24 hours, give in one day, pick up next day, they can if they want.

I did this and it took way longer than 24hrs. I speak and read prefectly in Russian and did it myself. They will tell you 48 hrs but you can forget about that.
    You cannot travel with the docs you have presently...Within Russia though, I dont see a problem.