littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where to buy quorn in Moscow?

Anyone know where to buy quorn in Moscow?

We have some guests flying in this weekend and both are strict vegetarians anyone know where I may buy quorn in Moscow....thank you in anticipation....

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    We have some guests flying in this weekend and both are strict vegetarians anyone know where I may buy quorn in Moscow....thank you in anticipation....
    Bro, please, for the future - attach a picture for non-native speakers Neither translate.ru nor slovari.yandex knows the word. Buy them a cabbage.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Bro, please, for the future - attach a picture for non-native speakers Neither translate.ru nor slovari.yandex knows the word. Buy them a cabbage.
    Cheers Andy, http://www.quorn.co.uk/faqs/ , I actually hate the stuff and have heard conflicting news about it.
    Our quests use it in everything e.g. Quorn stroganoff .......for sure the pickle jars will be coming up from the cellar and lots of cabbage......I'll be having a nice fat juicy steak

Pasta primavera, veggie stir fry,beans on toast, omlets etc. I am not vegetarian but there are lots of options. Oh and soups

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    Cheers Andy, http://www.quorn.co.uk/faqs/ , I actually hate the stuff and have heard conflicting news about it.
    Our quests use it in everything e.g. Quorn stroganoff .......for sure the pickle jars will be coming up from the cellar and lots of cabbage......I'll be having a nice fat juicy steak
    Mycoprotein... means from mushrooms? Buy them dry mushrooms in nearest Perekrestok... Экопродукт or smth alike is the manufacturer, I may recommend Грибы белые сушеные (dried white mushrooms) or Грибы ассорти сушеные (dried assorted mushrooms).
    They also have mushrooms in marenade, going just perfect with vodka.... or buy tofu and other soy protein based products.
    All the world's Kremlin,

All pulses fly high with vegetarians. And they are high on protein, too.

Quorn I've seen in the frozen form in Sthlm, maybe worth checking out well-sorted grocery stores, like Azbuka.
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."

Quote Originally Posted by penka View Post
    All pulses fly high with vegetarians. And they are high on protein, too.

Quorn I've seen in the frozen form in Sthlm, maybe worth checking out well-sorted grocery stores, like Azbuka.
    I adore pulses..........jet propelled the next day

Anyone know where to buy quorn in Moscow?

There is no place in Moscow you can buy Quorn. I ordered different types last year from the UK, RichardB announced about goodies from the UK. Many asked him for different things, So I did enjoy that , very very tasty, if anyone is going to the UK, please let me know and I will order a few types, if they don't mind.
    ****I don't like even white lies.****

****Back again and what I see? I see those permanent members whom i can call now: "Ты, да я, да мы с тобой". And all those really prominent and interesting people have left the forums. What a pity. Oh.****

never heard of it and i am supposed to know

About 640,000 results (0.28 seconds)

so i just typed the word -quorn- into search and got the above result!!!!!
    and WIKi was right on top with an explanation.

and reading through the WIKI article i came to the conclusion that dry soy ( available in many stores as flakes, cubes and -stroganoff-) will be a perfect replacement.
    i think since Quorn includes also egg albumen as binder, it is not being accepted as -vegetarian- by many.
    on top of it -non meat- meat has as yet to take off in Moscow/Russia, don't think there will be a viable market for that -mushroom- (it is not!) product....and therefore i doubt it will be somewhere in a store around here.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Bro, please, for the future - attach a picture for non-native speakers Neither translate.ru nor slovari.yandex knows the word.
    Next time try multitran.ru, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Lad View Post
    Next time try multitran.ru, bro.
    Thank you, bro...
    All the world's Kremlin,

Your only hope is that big vegetarian restaurant, Jagannath. They don't stock much which Westerners use as meat substitutes (I bring my TVP from the U.S.) but they do have some vegetarian meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by molly picon View Post
    Your only hope is that big vegetarian restaurant, Jagannath.
    That on Kuznetsky? They have a very cheap prices for the central location, but I'd be careful...
    All the world's Kremlin,

Not pass my lips

Quorn seems to be a 'fungus food' like mushroom. I guess you can mold it into anything - like tofu

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorn"]Quorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by robertmf View Post
    Quorn seems to be a 'fungus food' like mushroom. I guess you can mold it into anything - like tofu

Quorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, it some sort of fungus protein which they add various chemicals to turn it into chicken and all other distinguishable proteins.

I've never understood one thing: If one decides to abstain from the animal food, why is one so eager to find some alike-tasting substitutes?
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast