littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New registrations moderated

New registrations moderated

New registrations, for the moment, will be moderated.
    This means that each new member's profile will have to be approved before being able to post on the site.
    This (temporary) measure is in place to prevent spammers from entering the site and gathering data on them.

For now, this means that the time between registering and accessing the site is going to be slightly longer (instead of almost immediate).
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Very good.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    This means that each new member's profile will have to be approved before being able to post on the site.
    This (temporary) measure is in place to prevent spammers from entering the site and gathering data on them.

For now, this means that the time between registering and accessing the site is going to be slightly longer (instead of almost immediate).
    Interestingly enough I am in the BA lounge in Heathrow at the moment and tried to get into the forum on the PC here and it is blocked so reverted to my trusty iPad......

Quote Originally Posted by vossy7 View Post
    Interestingly enough I am in the BA lounge in Heathrow at the moment and tried to get into the forum on the PC here and it is blocked so reverted to my trusty iPad......
    I mean.... You've at the BA lounge for the whole day!!! Better check your flight status!
    "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly."

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post

Yes, there appeares to be common problem for many forums that they at this point in time is flooded with new members, especially from Russia, Ukraine (based on IP address and the email they use) for some odd reason.
    I cant find out if they had found a way to bypass the captcha Image Verification part (and had automated the process), or they had just hires a lot of folks to sit and make new profiles, I do not know, but if any out out there have some info regarding this pleas speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Yes, there appeares to be common problem for many forums that they at this point in time is flooded with new members, especially from Russia, Ukraine (based on IP address and the email they use) for some odd reason.
    I cant find out if they had found a way to bypass the captcha Image Verification part (and had automated the process), or they had just hires a lot of folks to sit and make new profiles, I do not know, but if any out out there have some info regarding this pleas speak up.
    They are all spam 'bots. I just reported one early this morning (MT).

I don't use the CAPTCHA. I use Turing test Q&A method. This works quite well, although a few months ago I got spammed by Russian IPs. I blocked the IP series and also changed the Q&A. I also moderate all new registrations.

Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid

Yeah, when it comes to CAPTCHA, I guess the algorithm holds no secrets to professional spammers.

Moderating new registrations is a bit of a pain (timestaking), but in its crudeness quite effective.

Quote Originally Posted by robertmf View Post
    They are all spam 'bots. I just reported one early this morning (MT).

I don't use the CAPTCHA. I use Turing test Q&A method. This works quite well, although a few months ago I got spammed by Russian IPs. I blocked the IP series and also changed the Q&A. I also moderate all new registrations.
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by penka View Post
    I mean.... You've at the BA lounge for the whole day!!! Better check your flight status!
    Just stuffing my face with the freebies!

Afair, there is already the software method to bypass captcha with latin symbols. At least I remember a note somewhere about this in 1 month back timeframe.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Yes, FatAndy...

and I hate Captcha because I can't even read what the characters are. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by MilkandGin View Post
    Yes, FatAndy...

and I hate Captcha because I can't even read what the characters are. ;P
    Ahemmmm... I suppose glasses and nootropil may help?
    Though at some mornings I also... hmm... can't.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    nootropil may help?
    Smart Drug???are you studying for exams??
    At any given point in time, somewhere in the world someone is working on a Land-Rover

Quote Originally Posted by sashadidi View Post
    Smart Drug???are you studying for exams??
    What's the purpose of your interest, comrade?
    Have you already compiled your annual report and sent it to Atiken street?

All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    What's the purpose of your interest, comrade?
    Have you already compiled your annual report and sent it to Atiken street?

Aitken street?? wrong headquarters at present . At the moment I am involved in a confusion agent operation posing as Tolko giving bad security advice to clients so as to undermine the Rodina as a source of advice.
    No I know nootropril from clinical use in autistic children and sometime people take it to study as well.
    At any given point in time, somewhere in the world someone is working on a Land-Rover

Quote Originally Posted by sashadidi View Post
    No I know nootropril from clinical use in autistic children and sometime people take it to study as well.
    Not only these. It is increasing blood microcirculation and oxygen uptake in the brain and also used for older persons, to make memory better, and for restoring brain functions after some damages (traumatic accidents or brain insult).
    All the world's Kremlin,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast