littleangels        English Nanny

View Poll Results: Would you buy this calendar ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a bargain at $6

2 50.00%
  • No, it's totally inappropriate

1 25.00%
  • Are there any pin-up pictures ?

1 25.00%

Thread: 2014 Calendar now available

2014 Calendar now available

A publishing house run by the Russian Orthodox Church has released a 2014 calendar devoted to Josef Stalin, unleashing a flurry of indignation among Russian bloggers and a discussion about the Church's ties to the former Soviet dictator.

The calendar, published by the Moscow-based patriarchal printing house of the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius monastery, presents pictures of Stalin, accompanied by excerpts from his biography. The photographs show Stalin gradually ageing as the months roll on from a young man on the January page to a gray-haired Soviet leader in December.

The calendar, on sale for 200 rubles ($6), "would be an excellent gift for veterans and history buffs," according to the website of Dostoinstvo publishing house.

MT article

Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid

it is not illegal in Russia, so let them have it

The calendar, published by the Moscow-based patriarchal printing house of the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius monastery, presents pictures of Stalin, accompanied by excerpts from his biography. The photographs show Stalin gradually ageing as the months roll on from a young man on the January page to a gray-haired Soviet leader in December.

and money indeed does not smell, so let the Church print them. who cares. -don't like the calendar, don't buy,- like with anything else. MAXIM has a very nice alternative.Though i think the church there would not approve of the naked buxom ladies that adorn 12 pages. does not bother me, i bought.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by robertmf View Post
    What?

Well, calendar.

Well, with Uncle Joe.

What's so remarkable?

BTW, I've been to Troitse-Sergieva Lavra Jan 2nd and 3rd, didn't see any. Otherwise, I'd buy just for the collection - I have a stack of 2014 calendars from partners, some are very good, some are terrible.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents