littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Obtaining a work permit

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2,085
    Thanked: 0

    Obtaining a work permit

    I received a few PM about work permits, so once more I post here the "new rules" to easily receive a temporary work permit. I attach a small scan of a paper that was given by a private company that assists for work permits (I removed the company details), in Russian language. All is accurate. And by the way you don't need to go through any company for this...

    1- Enter Russia and fill your migration card (like everybody)

    2- In the 3 business days, apply for a work permit in the Fderal Migration Service

    3- When you get the work permit you MUST sign a work agreement with an employer during the next 30 days.

    In any case, if you didn't sign an agreement in the 90 days after you entered Russia, you must leave Russia.

    The point is that, unlike what some people think, it is not necessary to find the employer before applying. Apply, get the WP then find the employer. This should be interesting for example for individuals who want to work here (teachers, etc).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    disappeared
    Posts
    8,867
    Thanked: 0
    Am I right in stating that not all employers have the right to provide provide invitation. And can schools still purchase for example invitations which might be illegal. Or is this practice now impossible?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    37
    Thanked: 0
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but does the above rule not apply to CIS non-visa citizens only?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    116
    Thanked: 0
    As I know, this can apply for a CIS employees only, not for the foreign employees like from the UK, USA and ect.
    Actually, nothing changed in the law regarding obtaining work permits for the foreign employees (as usual, the future Employer has to obtain a work permit for the specific employee before his arrival to Russia).
    Ozzi, Ozzi, Ozzi, oi, oi, oi!
    P.S. Just love Australia, love Sydney, love Bondi Beach.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    38
    Thanked: 0

    :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tara2007 View Post
    As I know, this can apply for a CIS employees only, not for the foreign employees like from the UK, USA and ect.
    Actually, nothing changed in the law regarding obtaining work permits for the foreign employees (as usual, the future Employer has to obtain a work permit for the specific employee before his arrival to Russia).
    Same thing I have heard. My wife work is to provide employees of a company in Moscow with Work permits, Work Visa and Invitations and she told me that as far as she knows this rule only applies to CIS countries but she said that she was going to check, tomorrow 'cause on wed FMS is closed.
    I will inform you about the FMS officials answer.

    Cheers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    disappeared
    Posts
    8,867
    Thanked: 0
    Whatever the regulations are, you are more likely to get a much better package by searching for employment in your own country, as they wil be marketing to entice you to come to Russia. Get your interveiw done by telephone, check the contract before you arrive and ensure you get a better financial deal, more than what you would get in your own country. ensure flight accommadation, and health costs are covered. And don't be convinced that Moscow has a lower cost of living than where you come from. Especially for Brits with families where there are many extra costs for them of what they took for granted as free in their own country.

    It's also more likely that this employer is legal by advertising in your own country, and allowed to employ expats.

    Ensure the invitation was completed by the actual company, and not a bogus company.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bermuda (UK)
    Posts
    16
    Thanked: 0
    Darn! I knew it was too good to be true....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    42
    Thanked: 0
    The rules for foreigners- non CIS- is much more complicated and with each day we get new rules. and certainly you cannot do without the company that invited you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    631
    Thanked: 4
    Try for work permits

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    disappeared
    Posts
    8,867
    Thanked: 0
    So Final. If all these posters who write here stating that they can apply somewhere for a work permit that they are on a wild goos chase.

    It makes sense doesn;t. If you are restricted with a work permit there is a purpose behind it. There is first of a the quoted number of workers required. Called the quota system. The employer needs to apply for your work permit.

    No you can't simply walk into an office and fill out a form giving you the right to work for any employer in Russia. If agents claim so, they are rpping you off in doing a job that's impossible.

    So tomorrow someone else is going to say I am coming to Russia to look for a job. I need to apply for a work permit. Where do I go

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    9
    Thanked: 0
    Dear Sirs,

    most of you are absolutely right assuming that the published rules are for foreign nationals coming from the CIS countries ONLY, i.e. for citizens enjoying a visa free regime! For those foreigners who require a visa to enter Russia, it is ALWAYS the obligation of their employer to obtain a work permit.

  12. #12
    pjw's Avatar
    pjw is offline Инопланетный гость
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Москва
    Posts
    4,459
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by lawyer View Post
    Dear Sirs,

    most of you are absolutely right assuming that the published rules are for foreign nationals coming from the CIS countries ONLY, i.e. for citizens enjoying a visa free regime! For those foreigners who require a visa to enter Russia, it is ALWAYS the obligation of their employer to obtain a work permit.
    Hi Lawyer.

    With all respect...........

    Sorry to interrupt u, but your use of the greeting Dear Sirs is absolutely inappropriate. I see in your profile that you are a non-native speaker of English. But you are a woman and so I find this greeting even more inappropriate. Some of the posters you are addressing are women. Perhaps you think, Oh it's not important, but it really sticks out like a red flag and prohibits any form of further debate. Something to keep in mind perhaps. But in saying this, I must say that my Russian is so very poor, I'm not trying to be the know-all. I'm very much looking forward to seeing a more gender-welcoming greeting from you in future thanks For example, something like Dear Madam, Dear Sirs or Dear all or Dear posters.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    9
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Hi Lawyer.

    With all respect...........

    Sorry to interrupt u, but your use of the greeting Dear Sirs is absolutely inappropriate. I see in your profile that you are a non-native speaker of English. But you are a woman and so I find this greeting even more inappropriate. Some of the posters you are addressing are women. Perhaps you think, Oh it's not important, but it really sticks out like a red flag and prohibits any form of further debate. Something to keep in mind perhaps. But in saying this, I must say that my Russian is so very poor, I'm not trying to be the know-all. I'm very much looking forward to seeing a more gender-welcoming greeting from you in future thanks For example, something like Dear Madam, Dear Sirs or Dear all or Dear posters.
    I tender apologies. I didn't mean prohibiting further debate in any way. Everybody is welcome to discuss further.

  14. #14
    pjw's Avatar
    pjw is offline Инопланетный гость
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Москва
    Posts
    4,459
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by lawyer View Post
    I tender apologies. I didn't mean prohibiting further debate in any way. Everybody is welcome to discuss further.
    Hey lawyer
    I think this problem has more to do with me than with your greeting. I just get funny when I see any kind of sexism or people getting left out, or a gender excluded. But I take it WAY too seriously. Your English is 1000 times better than my Russian so I better concentrate on that. I just wanted to point something out to you and now we can continue.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanked: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by lawyer View Post
    Dear Sirs,

    most of you are absolutely right assuming that the published rules are for foreign nationals coming from the CIS countries ONLY, i.e. for citizens enjoying a visa free regime! For those foreigners who require a visa to enter Russia, it is ALWAYS the obligation of their employer to obtain a work permit.
    Dear Lawyer,

    What about the following. A foreign national (European Union) lives in Moscow on a Temporary Residence Permit (received out of the quota because of marriage to a Russian citizen). That person needs a Work Permit.

    It was my understanding that if you have the TRP, you can apply yourself for the Work Permit, and employers need no special permission to hire you.
    But, for the obtaining of the WP, are you considered out of the quota?

    If no, that would mean that if you receive your TRP after the quota has been filled (let`s 1 May), you will not be able to get a WP, and have no income.
    How can you prove your income when you want to apply for Permanent Residence Permit then ?

    This just does not seem logical to me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •