littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Acquiring a work visa

Acquiring a work visa

I'm currently employed by a company in Moscow and I'm intending on leaving and becoming self employed here.

I have two questions:

1. There are companies that offer work visa services (pay them money, they issue a work visa for you). Has anyone used these services before?

2. (My preferred option) Does anyone know of a company that has a spare allocation for a UK worker and would be willing to issue a work visa (obviously in exchange for money)?

Any help etc gratefully received. If it's confidential then PM me

Quote Originally Posted by magic.mouse View Post
    1. There are companies that offer work visa services (pay them money, they issue a work visa for you). Has anyone used these services before?
    FWIK these company's can only help you with the process, not help you to get a work visa.
    The work visa is sole a thing between you and the company you work for, so if you manage to get a work visa and you do not work for the company that should be your employer, then you (and the company) do not full fit the requirements for work visa.

2. (My preferred option) Does anyone know of a company that has a spare allocation for a UK worker and would be willing to issue a work visa (obviously in exchange for money)?
    That would still be an illegal way to walk, but I guess you know that already? and I feel that you have no intention to pay tax too.

If it's confidential then PM me
    You mean 'if the method is illegal'?

So you should more likely go an other route, TRP/PRP is one too choose, create your own company and employ your self is an other, both are not without paperwork, and I think you are allergy to that?

As Hans says, these companies do not get the work visa for you, they just do all the legwork, standing in queues etc.

With your preferred option, it can take some time to get a non-HQS work visa and, to be quite frank, I think that the only companies that are still bothering with non-HQS visas are the English language schools that get teachers over here on the cheap.

Are you in Moscow teaching English at the moment? That is just about the only sort of job for expats these days that does not qualify for a HQS visa. If so, then I would suggest that there is nothing to stop you moonlighting with private students working around your contracted hours with the language school.

However, if you wish to become solely self employed then you have only two legal options. Hans mentioned both of them above.

Firstly go for TRP/PRP and then register as an entrepreneur. Or set up a Russian limited company and then the company employs you on a HQS visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    ...and I feel that you have no intention to pay tax too.
    I am more than happy to pay the 13%.

Setting up a limited company sound a possibility. How many blue stamps are required for this and where?

Pointers gratefully received

Many thanks tonytony. You're a star