littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: swimming in moscow

swimming in moscow

wondering places for swimming in Moscow? Better hurry as Autumn quickly approaching. visited a beautiful forested place 3 stations on purple metro (nw)from the ring. get off there and ask someone using your best russian and they will direct you.

The best place to swim in Moscow is near the Mega mall in Belaya Dacha. Known as "Kariery" (quarry) there, it's a former mine (I don't know what they were digging there for exactly) filled with water in the late 70's. There's no natural life (fish, etc.) in those artificially created lakes and the water is clean and pleasantly warm. The surroundings are nice too. There is a lake for families (not as deep) and a lake for adults (where people drown every year from drunk swimming).

You can swim in the Olympiski Stadium in the metro Vorobiyevi Goryi. I used to swim there for a year
    Regards,

Doctor A

Quote Originally Posted by DrAswaj View Post
    You can swim in the Olympiski Stadium in the metro Vorobiyevi Goryi. I used to swim there for a year
    Thanks. I will check it out.

STROGINO, no doubt about it

Quote Originally Posted by expat2013 View Post
    wondering places for swimming in Moscow? Better hurry as Autumn quickly approaching. visited a beautiful forested place 3 stations on purple metro (nw)from the ring. get off there and ask someone using your best russian and they will direct you.

waterski/waterboards,para sailing/surfing,whatever it is called, shashlik,summer cafes,nice girls,nice guys,lots of fun...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....