littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Beware "IT-Online" Job Vacancy

Beware "IT-Online" Job Vacancy

I sent the following to the editor of this site:

I would recommend that you do something to address the vacancies posted by "IT-Online." I just went through the interview process, and halfway through they admitted that site is essentially a front and that the position is actually for anastasiadate.com, a mail-order bride service.

They refused to give me any information on pay offerings and asked me to write a sample "press release," but first wanted me to create an account through their online service portal. They kept asking me whether I was married to a Russian woman.

The Better Business Bureau has given them an F rating in the U.S. The parent company is based out of Bangor, Maine, USA. IT-Online doesn't appear to be a legitimate service provider, but their website makes them appear to be a marketing firm.

They're using that IT-Online website to lure job seeking expats to file resumes, then trying to use their interview process to get clientele for their service.

Well, bro, I don't understand why you use somewhat doubtful places.

Try headhunter.ru (aka hh.ru), job.ru or superjob.ru for vacancies in RF. But for most of them you'll need Russian on decent communicative level (spoken and read/write). But there were some English ones at least on hh.ru . Good luck.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by MilkandGin View Post

They're using that IT-Online website to lure job seeking expats to file resumes, then trying to use their interview process to get clientele for their service.
    So, they wanted you to be a client?

and to get married to someone from their website?????
    ◀► ◢◤

Yea, pretty strange.

It's funny, I just wrote her to let her know I wasn't interested and she responded again with a link to her testimonials (trying to demonstrate that they have a history of creating successful families) that again required you to login to see. Why would you have the testimonials inside the protected content? The point of testimonials is to get them to sign up.

During the interview, I was like "ummm... I thought this was a corporate logistics services company." And she responds, "umm... Well, we have multiple projects." Later I asked again and she called IT-Online a "holding." In either case, there's a reason they list the vacancy under IT-Online and then during the interview try to avoid telling you the real name of their site. They want you to believe that anastasiadate.com is their primary business, and they maintain a fully functional telemarketing/IT/"usability" design (whatever that means) as a "holding."

But whatever, lessons learned. I wouldn't recommend anyone send them their passport.

Also, she wouldn't tell me the name of the parent company. But apparently the company, Anastasia International, has annual revenues of 110,000,000, which ain't too shabby.

Interesting read !

http://www.anastasiadatefraud.com/

and of course, they have a wiki-
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia_International"]Anastasia International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    ◀► ◢◤

whois

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain Name: ANASTASIADATE.COM
    Registrar: REGIONAL NETWORK INFORMATION CENTER, JSC DBA RU-CENTER
    Whois Server: whois.nic.ru
    Referral URL: http://www.nic.ru
    Name Server: NS1-105.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: NS4-65.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: NS5-64.AKAM.NET
    Name Server: NS7-65.AKAM.NET
    Updated Date: 23-jul-2013
    Creation Date: 04-oct-2007
    Expiration Date: 04-oct-2022

>>> Last update of whois database: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:53:03 UTC <<<

Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid

I know several people who worked at IT-Online...

My ex-girlfriend worked there for several years as well.
    This space for rent. PM for details.