littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spravka! Temp Residency docs & app accepted

Spravka! Temp Residency docs & app accepted

Today my wife and I are recovering from last night's celebration.

After three visits to our local FMS office, the inspector approved all my documents and issued me a 'spravka' for my temporary residency application.

I'm glad to say I did not resort to any 'expedituous' methods I briefly considered, but will simply wait out the process according to the normal course of events.

However since the inspector could have possibly rejected one of my documents as outlined here, but instead made the effort to verify, I decided to present her with a nice bottle of liquor and quality chocolates, saying (in my bad Russian ) "You gave me a great New Year's present and now I'd like to give you a little gift in return". Note this was after the spravka was issued so it appeared as nothing more than it was, an appreciation of efforts.

Anyway, now comes the wait but at least the hard part is over!

Congratulations, yet another joins us. How long did it take you to get the residency. And was it difficult and slow.

fingerprints etc next, then handing in your passport and collect it back again in a week. But all straightforward now, by comparison to the past.

Congratulations!!

Quick Questions if you don't mind

*) Do you own property or do did you have your landlord provide a guarantee for your residence or something else?

*) I assume you currently have a multi-entry business visa now or do you have a work permit. If you have a multi-entry business visa did you tell them you were working

*) For your criminal record, did you use state or FBI?

Thanks and congratulations again.
    Last edited by Surfsup37; 07-12-2007 at 14:26. Reason: added a question

Have or had a multi entry visa? He no longer needs a visa, in fact without special permission we have to stay in Russia for a year. Which is ok by me.

I'll leave the othere questions to be answered by an American.

I can only answer for a Brit, which appears to be a lot easier by comparison from what I've seen in previous posts.

CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for all your previous help! Do keep us posted. I, too am interested whether you submitted a State or FBI crminal history. Also, when does your existing visa expire? Did the FMS lady give you a time frame? Do you think you'll get your temp. residency before your existing visa expires?

Congrats again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    Have or had a multi entry visa? He no longer needs a visa, in fact without special permission we have to stay in Russia for a year. Which is ok by me.
    I think you are jumping the gun, so to speak. He has handed in his documents, but he has not yet received his Temporary Residency visa. He will still need to be on some type of visa until his TR visa is confirmed, which by your time period is 7 months.

I am curious on which type of visa he is in the RF now: multi-entry, work, personal invite etc.

I don't think he has any problem about visa expiry, now that he knows his application has been accepted. Even if he has only a week left in his visa. The same happened to me, but I look forward to his confirmation.

Unless I've got it wrong , he's already put his application in a long time ago, and his application has been accepted. But looks like I've blundered. I'll have another read when I get back from my lessons.

I don't think he has any problem about visa expiry, now that he knows his application has been accepted. Even if he has only a week left in his visa. The same happened to me, but I look forward to his confirmation.
    Really?? That is not what I was told. I was told that I had to be on a valid visa while the process was ongoing. So they extended your current visa during the link of the process?

Another question if you don't mind. The paper your landlord signed for your residence, what was the time period? My landlord is very reluctant to provide any legal paperwork. We have signed a contract, but my landlord will not register us. We are thinking of moving, but I'm not sure how difficult it is going to be to find a landlord that will provide this type of paper support. I really don't want to buy a flat in Moscow in this market.

Thanks and feel free to PM if you prefer.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Congratulations, ..

Ok, my confusion lies with the misunderstanding of the word Spravka. I thought it meant that everything is ok from headquarters and he will receive his residency soon. Like I was also informed. However if it that all documents etc has been checked and he can pass in his application so to speak, then I got wrong. I can't refer to my wife about this spravka, as she on the way back home with my passport and my official temp residency enclosed. I shall have it in my hand tonight

I asked my 10 year old son to translate, he explained that if go to the doctor and everything ok, you will receive a spravka and you can return to school.

Confirmed. Spravka means that official temporary sheet of paper, with your
    photograph which is issued to you, when you hand in your passport to get the permanent one sorted.

So if thats the case he's got his residency, and will receive the official one inside his passport within a week. Therefore he doesn't have to worry about business visas expiring anymore.

fingerprints etc next, then handing in your passport and collect it back again in a week. But all straightforward now, by comparison to the past.
    hi

what is this "collect it back again in a week"? my husband is Swiss and received his "temporary residence permit" directly by a stamp in his passport after about 7 months, OVIR office wrote a letter that the permit is ready, he went with his passport, received the stamp inside and that is all, he just had to register then at the pasportni stol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast