littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Where can I find a doctor?

Where can I find a doctor?

Hi everybody,

I'm a French citizen living and working in Moscow for last 2 months and I wondered where I should go if I have any medical troubles? In France, I suscribed some kind of insurance for social security and health cares (for French expats). I received back some documents I and the doctor have to fulfill if I want to be refund. The question is : is there any decent places (cause I heard that public hospitals are not really good) in Moscow you advice me to go? I mean, a place where people can understand an English speaking French man, lost in all those medical procedures Maybe there's also a special hospital for expat I'm asking the whole Expat's community

Try here -

EUROPEAN MEDICAL CENTRE,

Address: Spiridonevsky Per., 5, Str. 1, 123104

Phone: 933-6655
    Fax: 933-6650
    E-mail: info@emcmos.ru
    WWW: www.emcmos.ru

They have French doctors according to their website

Hey,

I wouldn't suggest going to SOS or American Clinic on prospekt mira. My bf had many bad experiences there when they had no idea about his illness, but still suggest to give him treatment which would cost the insurance company (BUPA) crazy money.

As a Russian, I'd suggest going to a Russian place if you can get some help with translation. Our hospitals don't look as nice but doctors are much more qualified. Please, believe me, as I'm studying in a medical uni and I see a lot of hospitals and doctors every single day.

I've heard some really good things about one of the French doctors (unfortunately can't remember his name) at EMC. If you are interested in the dr's name I could find it out in the next couple of days. You may also want to put this question to Vivre en Russie - Le portail de la communauté Francophone de Russie - Accueil . I'm sure you can get a lot of feedback re French doctors.

how good is your embassy?

many embassies have 'local' support staff that they will recommend.
    maybe try to phone your embassy and find out which doctors/ clinic they are using?
    i did it with the austrian embassy...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Thanks to all of you for your information. I'll try to get further information on the websites you gave to me and thank you for advice. About my embassy, well, I thought about it but do you think they care about Visa? I mean, I'm like many expats here, living and working in Russia with a simple multi entry business visa and not a work Visa. With all those new laws about Visas in Russia, everything became quite messy and I'm afraid to get some troubles if I ask some official organizations. What you think?

Emc

Try Dr Monnet at EMC. A frenchman and he has been here for many years.

American Hospital Prospect Mira

Stay away from the American Hospital in Prospect Mira. They are bandits.

Their only purpose in life is to seperate the 'rich' expat from his 'millions' that he earns.

I am just finishing dealing with them and one more appointment to go. If could get away with it, I'd punch the doctor in the mouth.

They are all Russians and I don't see where the American bit comes in. Maybe the prices of the so called 'treatment.'

Get a translator and go to a Russian hospital or the European. I've also heard that the Swiss is good, but stay away from anything that has American in the title unless you are tired of having so much money.

information about doctors

Quote Originally Posted by kuksia View Post
    Hey,

I wouldn't suggest going to SOS or American Clinic on prospekt mira. My bf had many bad experiences there when they had no idea about his illness, but still suggest to give him treatment which would cost the insurance company (BUPA) crazy money.

As a Russian, I'd suggest going to a Russian place if you can get some help with translation. Our hospitals don't look as nice but doctors are much more qualified. Please, believe me, as I'm studying in a medical uni and I see a lot of hospitals and doctors every single day.
    maybe you can help me find a russian gynecologist who does speak english...

i myself went to the american hospital in prospekt mira and should say that it is not worthy your money BUT if you have got insurance it is a good place to go

total money my insurance was charged for
    1 consultation + first cast
    second cast
    2 follow up consultations
    2 x-ray examinations

700bucks (maybe am i missing something?)

PLUS OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL CENTER:

1)thats right the place where i would like to lie on the bed for couple of days, the nurses dresses up like whores and they have got 12cm high on heels
    May God bless them and their employers

2)staff are very accomodating about insurance issues and may lie according to the date of your incident, something i really really needed

Quote Originally Posted by RIKO;
    Try Dr Monnet at EMC. A frenchman and he has been here for many years.
    I agree with you. You could also try Dr Gauthier if Dr Monnet is not available. For the last four years, I've had very good relationship with them all.

EMC : European Medical Center
    European Medical Center

Concerning french social security, when you're about to pay, you have to ask for the special blue form (for french expats). The ladies behind the desk speak good english and they know what to do with the form. Simply ask for the French Social Security Form...
    And if you want some more help, you can always ask for Irina, Dr Gauthier's assistant : she speaks french.

These forms are also available at the french consulate inside the french embassy. The people welcoming french expats and helping them with all kind of problems are situated on the first floor. Four nice ladies are always there in the morning to give you information : Mrs. Chretien, Mrs Leclaire, Mrs Sangare and Ms Prud'omme.

You could also try :

accueil

Good luck et bonne chance pour votre séjour en Russie.
    I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." -- Nikos Kazantzakis

At the ALLIANCE FRANCAISE you have a gynecolgist who speaks fluent english: dr rebouillat +7 (495) 694 1212

generaliste francais

...aussi valable au centre alliance francaise 694 1212