littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: 1 Year work and travel HELP!

1 Year work and travel HELP!

Im planning on visiting Russia next year and staying for a year doing a mixture of work, volunteering and travel.

From what I could find it appears I would need a multiple stay business VISA to stay this long but i'm wondering if this would be ok with my potential for travelling around the country and not having work arranged on arrival probably, although I am a qualified TEFL teacher and have looked at volunteering on homesteads or hostels too bed in before I try and get a paid job etc. I was also wondering if there anyt companies like those encouraging people to travel too places like Aus and NZ for a year and help you get settled for the first few weeks and find a job?

I hope somebody could clarify a few things for me like what I would need to have arranged before arriving and what I would need to qualify for a long VISA?

Or is it easier just to visit for 3 month periods at a time?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by DrEdwierd View Post
    From what I could find it appears I would need a multiple stay business VISA to stay this long
    Will only do for the travel part and maybe for the volunteering part too, it will not do for the work part at all.

First off all you need to make up your mind if you would like to work legal or illegal, because work demand a work visa / permit.
    To get the right work visa type you need an employer in Russia BEFORE you come to Russia.

Or is it easier just to visit for 3 month periods at a time?
    Some do it in this way, they work illegal and have a nice time with that.
    The risks is to be sent out of Russia, and as an add-on you will get an entry ban the next 5 years, and your 'employer' gets a pretty big fine.

Ahhh I see, so in order to work in Russia for any period of time I need a work VISA which requires me to already have found work in Russia? Would a TEFL placement fulfill that requirement?
    Whatever I do I think legally is definitely the way i'd like to go!

Cheers
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by DrEdwierd View Post
    Ahhh I see, so in order to work in Russia for any period of time I need a work VISA which requires me to already have found work in Russia?
    Yes.
    Would a TEFL placement fulfill that requirement?
    Most likely, but depends on your employer can/will do the necessary paperwork in order for you to get the necessary paper to be able to apply for a work visa.

And if i got a work VISA i'd have to stay in that job until I wanted to leave and not travel around much?