littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chances are....

Chances are....

Rather often expats write that Russia is a country of many opportunities. I read this in many posts about your plans, or wish to stay here for a few years more, or about the experience you got here.

I undestand that you, expats, have to go through many things which are not only unusual for you, but really hard to get used to, or to understand. Yet, as I see, there is something which makes the country attractive to you.
    It is really interesting for me to know what are the opportunities which you mention. Yes, it is work, of course, and the salary. Yes, in many cases it is the opportunity to meet many girls or get hooked in the sweet net...

But seriously, what are other opportunities, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by TGP View Post
    Rather often expats write that Russia is a country of many opportunities. I read this in many posts about your plans, or wish to stay here for a few years more, or about the experience you got here.

I undestand that you, expats, have to go through many things which are not only unusual for you, but really hard to get used to, or to understand. Yet, as I see, there is something which makes the country attractive to you.
    It is really interesting for me to know what are the opportunities which you mention. Yes, it is work, of course, and the salary. Yes, in many cases it is the opportunity to meet many girls or get hooked in the sweet net...

But seriously, what are other opportunities, if any?
    i do not get it, if there is a good salary, if there are nice chicks...what do you wanna actually know?

Let's speak frankly: Expats LOVE Russia because the law can be ... adapted to their needs! I always laugh when expats complain about corruption for example, as they are the first to know the attraction of a $100 note! Even with the lower USD value today...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Let's speak frankly: Expats LOVE Russia because the law can be ... adapted to their needs! I always laugh when expats complain about corruption for example, as they are the first to know the attraction of a $100 note! Even with the lower USD value today...
    I am sorry Guest this might be true for an American-bigot or for a primitive coming from the wood, but cannot apply for instance to XXXXXXX up mediterranean european like me and many others

once again you post without thinkint 100 times about what you are saying

disappointed

WATCH THE LANGUAGE!
    Last edited by Andy B; 03-12-2007 at 09:09.

If you get the right job, there is an opportunity for both expats and Russians. At last they are ready to pay decent money for a good job done.
    Girls, well, for me it was fine everywhere (here and in the West).
    As far as the "specific ladies" - they are everywhere in this world if you really need them (I have no interest here)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    For some expats,it's more than just money and so called chicks,many expats just love the country Russia and what it's got to offer.

The vast country side is what does it for me in Russia..Anytime you can pack your rucksack and catch a train and go where ever you want.For some this might seem lame,but i have travelled/camped around europe and staying in campsites isn't the same as when you go camping in Russia,in Russia you can make camp where ever you want and there's so much to see.So for me the opportunity to travel like a real camper is what does it for me in Russia..Work,money comes a distant 2nd to when you are out in the wildness.
    Last edited by Judge; 01-12-2007 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    For some expats,it's more than just money and so called chicks,many expats just love the country Russia and what it's got to offer.

The vast country side is what does it for me in Russia..Anytime you can pack your rucksack and catch a train and go where ever you want.For some this might seem lame,but i have travelled/camped around europe and staying in campsites isn't the same as when you go camping in Russia,in Russia you can make camp where ever you want and there's so much to see.So for me the opportunity to travel like a real camper is what does it for me in Russia..Work,money comes a distant 2nd to when you are out in the wildness.
    great post Judge, there are of course lots of reason who can keep someone out there

but i would say it takes time to appreciate and guess rarely in the case of Moscow can be love at first sight

personally, despite what people may think reading my posts, I loved Moscow and bloody proud of having lived there: for the first time I was given the opportunity to see what a city of contrasts it is all about. Social rules are primitive, reality is harsh and violent. You are a visitor and allowed not to care. It was like SaoPaulo with the difference I stayed there just a month (holiday) and in Moscow 18months.

The language it was a big motivation but this has to be linked to the professional opportunities fluent russian may disclose to you especially in some european countries like Germany, Italy, the UK.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by SalTheReturn View Post
    great post Judge, there are of course lots of reason who can keep someone out there

but i would say it takes time to appreciate and guess rarely in the case of Moscow can be love at first sight

personally, despite what people may think reading my posts, I loved Moscow and bloody proud of having lived there: for the first time I was given the opportunity to see what a city of contrasts it is all about. Social rules are primitive, reality is harsh and violent. You are a visitor and allowed not to care. It was like SaoPaulo with the difference I stayed there just a month (holiday) and in Moscow 18months.

The language it was a big motivation but this has to be linked to the professional opportunities fluent russian may disclose to you especially in some european countries like Germany, Italy, the UK.
    That's what i love about Moscow,so much is happening,like you said a ''city of contrast''Moscow is and still is the only major city i have lived in and i can't imagine myself living in any other city,why i say this,because if you're happy with what is happening in the city you live in, why change it..
    For me, like my above post,Russia's got more to offer than just Moscow,when you are out in the middle of nowhere,Lovozero,North Russia for example,you get to see the real Russia and the feeling of how big Russia really is,hits you at once.
    Money,nice house, fancy cars can be bought but being able to just pack up and go into the country side for a week or two and see the beauty of the land,can't be bought in my eyes..and Russia gives me this opportunity.
    Last edited by Judge; 01-12-2007 at 23:52.

once again you post without thinkint 100 times about what you are saying
    disappointed
    You know Sal, your judgement, here, hmm...

I can only correct "Expats LOVE Russia because the law can be ... adapted to their needs!" by "Most expats LOVE Russia because the law can be ... adapted to their needs!"

Now in your personal case, you like Russia because it gives you an opportunity to always criticize all from your Italian divan!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    You know Sal, your judgement, here, hmm...

I can only correct "Expats LOVE Russia because the law can be ... adapted to their needs!" by "Most expats LOVE Russia because the law can be ... adapted to their needs!"

Now in your personal case, you like Russia because it gives you an opportunity to always criticize all from your Italian divan!
    Guest we can play if you want...but do you think in countries like Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, we feel the concept of laws? What we do now, what our parents did, it is adapting the laws to us and cheating, sometimes even with the (it is not corruption of course) consent of the institutions. In Italy black economy is account for over 25% of the total and in the south the percentage raise to 40%.

get an American bigot who is already excited at the idea of drinking alcol on the street or by the fact he/she will hide taxes it is ok, or even take someone coming from boring wood countries (Scandinavia, NZ, etc...), they will be the ones freaking happy of adapting the laws

what i did in Moscow, working and not paying taxes or renting with no contract it is something, as a european, I am very used to

take care

What we do now, what our parents did, it is adapting the laws to us and cheating, sometimes even with the (it is not corruption of course) consent of the institutions. In Italy black economy is account for over 25% of the total and in the south the percentage raise to 40%.

get an American bigot who is already excited at the idea of drinking alcol on the street or by the fact he/she will hide taxes it is ok, or even take someone coming from boring wood countries (Scandinavia, NZ, etc...), they will be the ones freaking happy of adapting the laws

Don't get it....Are you proud of this??????

Quote Originally Posted by Miracle77777 View Post
    What we do now, what our parents did, it is adapting the laws to us and cheating, sometimes even with the (it is not corruption of course) consent of the institutions. In Italy black economy is account for over 25% of the total and in the south the percentage raise to 40%.

Don't get it....Are you proud of this??????
    yes because it taught me how to live have a more flexible look at things, of course it bother me as well but...italian saying: you cant have the bottle full and the wife drunk

yes because it taught me how to live have a more flexible look at things, of course it bother me as well but...italian saying: you cant have the bottle full and the wife drunk
    Very smart native ^-*
    By the way have a non-connected-with-thread-question for u: this summer I was in Bari about a week...it seemed for me very interesting and relaxing there....but recently I was told that it is a mafia-city
    Is it true?? I was really scared

For me, believe it or not its the quality of life. Dont have to work my arse off everyday all day. only work part time when I want---- dont get taxed to death like in the UK-- nice bit of corruption when it suits

Hot summers by the pool--- deep snow to play snowball fighting in winter

easy

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Miracle77777 View Post
    Very smart native ^-*
    By the way have a non-connected-with-thread-question for u: this summer I was in Bari about a week...it seemed for me very interesting and relaxing there....but recently I was told that it is a mafia-city
    Is it true?? I was really scared
    are there still people thinking the mafia will bother tourists?

you see guys? it is not just foreigners having mis-stereotypes about russia, the opposite happens too!!! because this is the same like saying "oh I am afraid of relocating to Moscow because of the mafia"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast