littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: VISAASSSS!!!!!!

VISAASSSS!!!!!!

Ok, I don't know if it's just the visa agency I'm using or what, but things seem to get more complicated and more complicated. So first off, I'm going over to Russia to start the TRP, they tell me I cannot go on a business visa, I need a private homes stay. Then they tell me that after 6 months there's a waiting period of 6 months. Originally I was planning on going on a 6 month single entry business visa, come back to the US and then apply immediately for another 6 month visa or try the Riga renewing visa thing I heard on these forums. Guess my question is, what should I do? I'm trying to stay there as long as possible with the least amount of time waiting in between. Please help! lolol

Who says that you cannot go on a Business Visa? FMS??

If anyone other than FMS says it then do not believe it unless people here are saying it (which I haven't seen them doing). -- (EDIT) Ok, yes I see A post that someone had an issue being on a business visa while living with family in Russia -- so your living situation may play a role in whether a business or private visa is necessary. Regardless of which visa you use, the new three year visa should simplify things considerably. So dump the visa agency and get family to issue you a invitation if that is appropriate in your situation. See the San Francisco Russian Consulate web page for more info on the process...

The TRP takes 5-6 months from when you apply according to the comments here.

With the new visa's for US Citizens (You are American, right?) you get a 3 year visa which is good for 6 months per entry. So after 6 months, take a day trip to Kiev, or Vilnius, or Helsinki and then go back. You do not have to be out of the country for any minimum period per the new rules.
    Last edited by frankjohn2; 01-05-2013 at 11:14. Reason: Additional information

SERIOUSLY? i can take a day trip and then go back in for another 6 months? so then the best route is a 3 year private stay correct? i'm going to live with my boyfriends family there.

And are you sure there's not like a month waiting period in between? I won't get denied at the border?

And are you sure there's not like a month waiting period in between? I won't get denied at the border?
    Personally, I have not yet tried. The new visas came into existence in the middle of September so the people who got them in September and October would already have had to leave the country ... there have not been any posts on the forums here of anyone having a problem reentering.

Additionally, there was a Moscow Times article linked here which had an interview with a FMS official who stated what I stated previously. There was also someone who visited FMS in SPB and got the same answer. You can stay for only 6 months at a time. You must leave before the end of 6 months, however you may reenter at any time.

ok, cool thank you SOOO much for your help!!