littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: registration for a tourist?

registration for a tourist?

hi guys,

yet another question about registration! there must be something already on this site that answers my question but i'm too lazy to find it! sorry

3 friends are here (Moscow) on tourist visa for a total of 18 days. do they need 'registration' to avoid problems if police stops to check and can they face problems at airport when going back if w/out registration?

if i remember correctly, there is a law to get registration within 5 or 7 working days?

please answer here or share link to the thread answering this.

thanks so much.
    BR,

Yes, you need to get registration after 7 working days in any one place.
    You wont be asked for it at the airports in Moscow when leaving Russia but you might be asked for it on the street or if you have any kind of emergency/problem while in the country.
    Hotels will do it for you automatically and for free, hostels will normally charge you.
    You can ask the owner of an apartment you are staying in to register you but they normally are reluctant to do so.
    If you stay at a hostel they should register you for the length of your tourist visa (for a fee) if you ask them.
    You might also try going to one of the hostels even if you are not staying there and asking for registration-they might do it.

hi trebor

graciously thankful to you for your detailed answer.... i'll ask them to get registered either at hotel or any hostel in case hotel is charging lot of money. spasibo

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbynumbnuts View Post
    Yes, you need to get registration after 7 working days in any one place.
    You wont be asked for it at the airports in Moscow when leaving Russia but you might be asked for it on the street or if you have any kind of emergency/problem while in the country.
    Hotels will do it for you automatically and for free, hostels will normally charge you.
    You can ask the owner of an apartment you are staying in to register you but they normally are reluctant to do so.
    If you stay at a hostel they should register you for the length of your tourist visa (for a fee) if you ask them.
    You might also try going to one of the hostels even if you are not staying there and asking for registration-they might do it.
    I'll have to do this registration for my husband in June, too.

Wondering if I could actually go to any hostel for that, or if there are certain reliable ones that someone has already tried before?

Quote Originally Posted by VicY View Post
    I'll have to do this registration for my husband in June, too.

Wondering if I could actually go to any hostel for that, or if there are certain reliable ones that someone has already tried before?
    I'll PM you.