littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Private Visa - Help required

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
    How does that work out with the case of being unemployed and unable to show proof of support whilst their to their high standar (100 a day in bank etc)

a slight problem would also be i've already gotten the more difficult part of the process for a private visa out of the way in the form of my russian friend having obtained the invitation letter, now the only stumbling bloclk i can forsee ahead is the matter of employment status and the previously mentioned funds not being their which they require? Also the area im staying in will be about 2 hours from moscow, and conveneintly i can obtain a relatively cheap flight direct to moscow via manchester in the uk, so going via riga isnt the best solution i dont think currently.
    flights to riga etc are cheap. Business visa you don't need any financials.And if you doit right you can be processed in one day. it isn't expensive.
    cured

EDIT: to provide a little more information, im currently living in the UK, and am a British citizen by birth etc and have never previously traveled to russia, the girl I'm involved with we met through a mutual interest and things have developed onwards from that time over the past 12 months.[/QUOTE]

Hi Stevie,
    You have met this girl in person already, haven`t you ?
    How on earth can you communicate with her if she lives with her husband and you`re in the UK ?
    The reason for my asking this : `red flags` come up when I read such stories.
    I used to think math was no fun,
    'Cause I didn't get how it's done.
    Now Euler's my hero,
    For I see why zero
    Equals e^(i*pi)+1

Quote Originally Posted by SV1973a View Post
    Hi Stevie,
    You have met this girl in person already, haven`t you ?
    How on earth can you communicate with her if she lives with her husband and you`re in the UK ?
    The reason for my asking this : `red flags` come up when I read such stories.
    Hi mate, i understand the concern about the situation in your post, to provide more information we both have been on-line gaming together for over 12 months, known her in passing for a lot longer than that also, spent a lot of time together through that medium which moved onto communicating over skype vid calling etc. It wasn't something that either of us planned it genuinely did develop until we got unto a point we kind of realized 'oh shit'

Her husband works away from home 5 in 7 days and the days when he is home as such, he spends effectively doing his own thing and leaving her to hers. The relationship is very much a dead one and she has even discussed the matter with her parents who actually have similar concerns to the ones you voice but the other way around.

we are both in our 30;s and its not some idealised situation and we both realize this, however we are both trying to make it work, serious talks have already been had about this yeah me taking a EFL course with the purpose of moving their as things progress, she actually works in the teaching industry too having worked in the schooling system for the best part of 10 years and as such its been a topic of discussion as her preference is to live in russia, a place she dearly loves.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
    where you able to provide proof of the funds they require upon asking that though, atm im unable to do so...
    I was required to take 3 months of bank statements with my application. They were taken, whether they was looked at is anyone's guess. I did receive the visa though.

Money to spend in Russia

Just curious. If you have, basically, no money, how are you going to pay for your trip and expenses in Russia? Since your girlfriend is fairly new, you might not know that Russian women love to spend money and seem to think all Brits & Americans are rich. Anyway, good luck. And Vadim is the way to go. Visa are more complicated then it seems.

well accomadation is free as her friend is putting me up gratis and gift im bringing aside( a nice bottle of expensive irish whisky and another whisky related gift -he's a collector)

My work and financial status is known to her and theirs no pretenses about it on m part, the schedule planned is basically around spending time in her summer house and as neither of us drink we are both far from being kids out partying all the time, it is more a case of spending time togetehr doing normal things not omg lets go out everyday etc, if anything she has been the one wishing for a quiet time rather than a massive sightseeing going out kind of thing.

Its not a case of being broke, more a case of 100 a day is something i have never ever spent on any holiday and Ive traveled a lot over the years, and never came close to having to pay close to 100 a day in any country ive ever been in, yes i have travveled to Paris Berline and london all considered expensive cities in the past amongst others. The flight and visa costs i have well covered and put away, theirs no cost for accomodation so it is down to purely money spent per day on other things which i can assure you will not be needed close to that ammount.

and whilst a lot of russian women may have that attitude its a over generalization to assume it applies to all. She actually makes fun of that type of person on a not uncommon occasion as she is very much a 'tomboy' in that sense, not into fashion or clothing or jewerly etc, more at home in combats and quirky things;p

Becareful ... the whole thing sounds a bit sinister to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by okiey View Post
    Becareful ... the whole thing sounds a bit sinister to say the least.
    Not at all sinister tbh mate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12