littleangels        English Nanny
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: no hot water?when is YOUR turn?

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    It's that time of the year again, here's a link to find out when the cold showers start.
    http://www.oaomoek.ru/ru/naseleniyu/...ml#alternative

ours is still a long way off

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    It's that time of the year again, here's a link to find out when the cold showers start.
    http://www.oaomoek.ru/ru/naseleniyu/...ml#alternative

1 st week in August, and only one week. they are improving. in the beginning it was a whole month....
    tx for posting the link. should make it really easy for everybody to find out when it is their term.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

18 to 22nd May in our village...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Just has checked again - no switch-off this year 8)))

But the hot water is... cold now. Calling to DEZ 8(((

The water is hot back again. Somewhat fluctuation...
    Last edited by FatAndy; 13-05-2015 at 18:37.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Martin Guest

when will you have no hot water?

the company said the schedule will be published in about 10 days. make sure you check. so you will not be surprised one morning when only ice water comes out from the shower......
    http://www.oaomoek.ru/ru/naseleniyu/...chej-vody.html

My rented flat has its own boiler, but I haven't had to use it yet because for the past couple of years the hot water has been turned off in July/August when I've been out of Moscow. Perhaps this will be the year to try out the boiler! Looking forward to seeing the schedule for 2016

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kartoshka For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (06-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoshka View Post
    My rented flat has its own boiler, but I haven't had to use it yet because for the past couple of years the hot water has been turned off in July/August when I've been out of Moscow. Perhaps this will be the year to try out the boiler! Looking forward to seeing the schedule for 2016
    we also have since years a little boiler installed, a Stiebl - Eltron, the size of a shoe box. sucks up electricity quite a lot, but for 1 week or two, not a big deal. it takes minute behind the bathroom panel to turn 2 levers. and we have hot water once more....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    it takes minute behind the bathroom panel to turn 2 levers. and we have hot water once more....
    Do you keep it on for the whole week, or just switch it on whenever you need hot water?

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoshka View Post
    Do you keep it on for the whole week, or just switch it on whenever you need hot water?
    we leave it on for the whole time. it gives hot water only when you open the faucet. inside the heater there is a thick heating coil and it heats up the water immideately,while the cold water comes in. you close the faucet, it switches off, no wasted energy.DURCHLAUF ERHITZER whatever that might be called in english. meaning, the water is being heated while it is running through the tubes. no boiler, no storage. butt it is powerful, not just plugged into a socket. we have one extra line and circuit breaker right in the distributor box.
    something similar like the one in the pics. obvious, since ours is already 10 years old,they don't make the model anymore. but we had not one problem in all the time. though, once a year for 10 days. should last forever,

https://www.stiebel-eltron.at/de/hom...ferhitzer.html

Tvoi Dom has them, and if you think buying and installing one, let ONLY the ЖКX do it....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (24-09-2016)

veyom Guest
    Hi,
    would it be a good idea to do most of it during the may holidays?? Please recommend me this and I am waiting for your response.
    Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by veyom View Post
    Hi,
    would it be a good idea to do most of it during the may holidays?? Please recommend me this and I am waiting for your response.
    Thanks..
    don-t think so. during the May holidays many people are not working and it will be hard to get a crew to do it. and definitely get only a reliable company to do it.

https://www.mos.ru/otvet-dom-i-dvor/...6-60afd7dc9422
    just type in the first few letters of your place. must be Russian language. even if Google has translated the page into English. -we- have ONCE MORE, AGAIN no hot water from May 29 to June 7th. Even if the good Mayor had said already 2 years ago, no more cut off hot water for -maintenance- purposes.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678