littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: 'vinegar' has arrived...

'vinegar' has arrived...

What to Do: Le Beaujolais Nouveau est Arrive!
    don't let youself get suckered ino paying through the nose for a bottle of blonk. just because of a brilliant p campaign and a fancy lable..
    the 'housewine / table wine' sold in the 1 ltr 'milk' cartons is nothing worse and for 1/3rd of the price...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Even in France they don't want it now, they send all their production to Russia and Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Even in France they don't want it now, they send all their production to Russia and Japan
    Oh, great! As if we don`t have our own cheap stuff in these milk cartons....

Call me old-fashioned, but wine must come in a bottle!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Natkin; 17-11-2007 at 11:40. Reason: typo

In a GLASS bottle, yes!

Ok, wine snobs; decent wine in a hermetically sealed plastic bag in a box is fine for immediate consumption. Even with bottles, another trend is to use plastic "corks" rather than the traditional ones. This is for a number of reasons, two of them being that the supply is depleting, plus -- believe it or not -- the plastic cork in tests has proved to provide a much better seal.

In terms of Beaujolais Nouveau, Moscow is the perfect market to sell it for from 300-500 roubles a bottle. Russian consumers are thick.
    You must bow down to the almighty bungholio!

is4fun is offline Should I give up the day Job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    What to Do: Le Beaujolais Nouveau est Arrive!
    don't let youself get suckered ino paying through the nose for a bottle of blonk. just because of a brilliant p campaign and a fancy lable..
    the 'housewine / table wine' sold in the 1 ltr 'milk' cartons is nothing worse and for 1/3rd of the price...
    I am totally in agreement! In most cases the wine is simply GREEN, not ready for consumption. The marketing of these new wines is overwhelming and relentless. I mean if it was real wine we would see other major producers from Chile, USA, Australia and so on be on the bandwagon. Just because it sounds French does not mean it is fit for drinking.

Can anyone tell me if the French term "Le Beaujolais Nouveau" is a registered trade mark to the French region it is made?

A mature Merlot aged in oak casks and tenderly racked, bottled and correctly stored. Wine at it's best. Also, been to the Crimea last year and tried a few excellent sweet wines. Never was a sweet wine person, however the Crimea changed my tastes and now I enjoy the occasional apertiffe.

AAAAAAAHHHHHH oh for a Merlot or 2

is4fun is offline Should I give up the day Job?
    Yep, 2 as in bottles...