littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: No more black caviar?

No more black caviar?

like Newcastle has run out of coal and Athens needs owls?
    But from the looks it is true. There is not one shop, supermarket or deli that stocks the black pearls.Even Metro has nothing.
    When you check out the internet sites they are far and fewer inbetween. while 'before' every tom, dick and harry sold legal only (of course)Caviar, most of it that is on offer now comes from farmed fish. Suppose CITES got some teeth and the ban on selling Caviar is being enforced?
    That's what i thought as well. When i checked out some scources where to get the stuff (not for work, since there i have to insist on all paperwork to be in order)
    it was nearly business as usual, just the price was higher...
    well, i gave it a miss. i rather settle now for a good sausage and a cool beer!
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Markets, always... And there, you can even taste it before buying! More or less salt, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Markets, always... And there, you can even taste it before buying! More or less salt, etc
    I always thought that in the Markets cannot be a real good food, and especially a hiqh/good quality Black Caviar!!! All what they do have - contrafacts...of course it is a little bit cheaper, but I prefer to pay more than to buy "don't know" what....

Quote Originally Posted by Miracle77777 View Post
    I always thought that in the Markets cannot be a real good food, and especially a hiqh/good quality Black Caviar!!! All what they do have - contrafacts...of course it is a little bit cheaper, but I prefer to pay more than to buy "don't know" what....

I always buy caviar in markets and never was disappointed. Price is an argument of course, as it is not "a little bit cheaper" but 2 times less at least, but also the fact that it is possible to TASTE the caviar before buying it.

Yes it is "contrefact" caviar, but what does it mean? Just that it comes outside the quota - and without paying taxes. I never saw the difference when I ate it

Most black caviar you find on the market was poached but real, not "counterfeit". Now, if poaching is fine with you, go ahead and enjoy it.
    "He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."

'couterfeit' /lapsus linguae

suppose what we all want to say that the caviar is 'contraband' and the translation from russian inot english and the other way around, brings sometimes funny results.
    most caviar that is being sold now around the markets is from poached fish but also confiscated caviar (from customs) is finding the way to the 'enduser'. no one would think to destroy a ton or so of confiscated black or red caviar.
    but also no one would think of selling 'fake' black caviar. people would know immideately.
    there is 'fake' black caviar on the market but it is clearly marked that it is made from fish and fish products and the price is accordingly (low...)
    have you ever seen any picture on tv where confiscated caviar, sturgeon or other confiscated items are being destroyed, like cocain for instance or pirated cd's ?
    How many times the news clip says it is 'unfit' for human consumption.so wouldn't it be a good PR show if the feed a ton or so red or black caviar to the fishes....
    that will be the day!!!!!!!!!
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    I always buy caviar in markets and never was disappointed. Price is an argument of course, as it is not "a little bit cheaper" but 2 times less at least, but also the fact that it is possible to TASTE the caviar before buying it.

Yes it is "contrefact" caviar, but what does it mean? Just that it comes outside the quota - and without paying taxes. I never saw the difference when I ate it
    Maybe I am not right about Caviar...but when I mentioned "Contrefait" I did mean, that products, which has not pass sertify, was made&stored&packed in a non admissible conditions.