littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Calcium for Osteo

Calcium for Osteo

Who has an experience with osteo? What are the best ways to maximize calcium uptake by the body? I bought lots of cheese, milk, sesam, as well as supplements :-) , but will be happy to hear others' ideas.
    Never, Never Give In.

Maximum of calcium is in dried fish - several times more in compare with milk products. Combination of calcium and vitamin D is also useful -really helps.
    Last edited by Katrine L; 11-11-2007 at 22:45.

Dried and salted or just dried? I thought that salt is not a good idea with this condition. Do you maybe know by chance how it;s called in Russian - is this 'taranka'?
    Thanks! That was helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Katrine L View Post
    Maximum of calcium is in dried fish - several times more in compare with milk products. Combination of calcium and vitamin D is also useful -really helps.
    Never, Never Give In.

Before drying fish has been salted anyway! It could be more or less salted - depends on tastes of who cooked. There is a lot of that kind of stuff in shops, so you can find an appropriate one for yourself! The most famous is vobla (ВОБЛА). And it has higher calcium content. But all other stuff which can be sold as a whole fish or as cleaned pieces like for beer funs I think all this stuff also works.

Quote Originally Posted by Albertina View Post
    Dried and salted or just dried? I thought that salt is not a good idea with this condition. Do you maybe know by chance how it;s called in Russian - is this 'taranka'?
    Thanks! That was helpful!