littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a worthwhile thriller/horror?

a worthwhile thriller/horror?

Dear everybody,

I have this tradition of watching something really nice and nerve-tickling at around New Year time, but this time, I just can't find anything worth a look. Could you please help me out here? Anything you've seen or have been recommended that wouldn't be a waste of time?

You must have seen it. "Beautiful mind". For me it was the scariest though it is not a horror movie.

I don't know if you're looking for something new, but one of my favourite films that is really suspenseful is "Tell no one", a French film with the best chase scene I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by celia View Post
    I don't know if you're looking for something new, but one of my favourite films that is really suspenseful is "Tell no one", a French film with the best chase scene I have ever seen.
    I think definitely worth a look, thank you, a good French film can really be something!

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    You must have seen it. "Beautiful mind". For me it was the scariest though it is not a horror movie.
    To me, the scariest thing was how they translated it into Russian in one scene where they called 'a prodigal son' - which was an original line - 'a neighbour from Portugal' for some strange reason.

What kind of horror/thriller? Zombie films, slasher types, post-apocalyptic films, psychological horror, etc...?

I'm not so much into movies that have monsters or whatever in them, I'm more so into those disturbing horror films that really leave you with a strange, heavy feeling, like "Oh god, this can happen".

Quote Originally Posted by BabyFirefly View Post
    What kind of horror/thriller? Zombie films, slasher types, post-apocalyptic films, psychological horror, etc...?

I'm not so much into movies that have monsters or whatever in them, I'm more so into those disturbing horror films that really leave you with a strange, heavy feeling, like "Oh god, this can happen".
    Me too, definitely, what's your favourite of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    For a woman, Psycho

Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid

Once again, it's not a new film, but one film I've always enjoyed is "Rosemary's Baby". It's directed by Roman Polanski and features Mia Farrow as a young woman who is chosen to carry Satan's baby.

Once again, it's not a new film, but one film I've always enjoyed is "Rosemary's Baby". It's directed by Roman Polanski and features Mia Farrow as a young woman who is chosen to carry Satan's baby.
    It's a metaphor for the fear of pregnancy.
    Read the Twilight Saga books, they're great.

[ame="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063522/"]Rosemary's Baby (1968) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY0NzkxMzIwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg2Njk3OA@@._V1._SX99_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTY0NzkxMzIwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg2Njk3OA@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX99@@AMEPARAM@@SY140[/ame]

A very small ice cave in the Arctic circle
    a recent one is

cabin in the woods

The Strain Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by rumple_stilskin View Post
    a recent one is

cabin in the woods

[ame="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/"]The Cabin in the Woods (2011) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNTUxNzYyMjg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTExNzExNw@@._V1._SX94_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BNTUxNzYyMjg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTExNzExNw@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX94@@AMEPARAM@@SY140[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast