littleangels        English Nanny
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Thread: Moscow Transport System, updates

The new transportation project - Moscow Central Diameters
    https://www.mos.ru/city/projects/diametry/
    The same level of comfort, speed and train frequency as in MCC/МЦК - to satellite towns of Moscow region.

First two lines to start in 2019 (Odintsovo of Smolenskoe direction - Lobnya of Savyolovskoe one and Hahabino of Rizhskoe - Podol'sk of Kurskoe).

Damned rotten regime!
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

I've found the perspective map, including metro, MCC and MCDs
    gallery_33627_4846_2534505.jpg
    All the world's Kremlin,

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (12-07-2019), rusmeister (11-07-2019), Uncle Wally (05-12-2019), xp@ (11-07-2019)

[QUOTE=FatAndy;1488328]I've found the perspective map, including metro, MCC and MCDs

nice map indeed. and most probably it will all be built. i also heard, and this is since a few years now, that in SHCHUKINO they will make an - Elektritshka- stop. the railway line goes there already. for the trains to Riga. Now THAT would also be great.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Moscow central diameters lines w/o stations in satellite mode of Yandex maps:
    https://yandex.ru/maps/?um=construct...onstructorLink

Also, the perspective scheme two posts above was uploaded to the site in compressed form, with distortions. Original pic, with hi-res, 2.1MB size, is here:
    https://forum.nashtransport.ru/uploa...46_2534505.jpg

Please note 2 rope transporters (across Moscow river from Luzhniki embankment to Kosygina/viewpoint at Vorobievy gory, working - and across Moscow's channel between Skhodnenskaya and Rechnoy vokzal, in construction) - kids would like them.
    All the world's Kremlin,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (13-07-2019)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    I'm still trying to get my head round the new metro lines D1,etc.
    I was on the aeroexpress from SVO and the train goes all way to skolkovo,even passed Fili metro, super convenient for 10000s of people who don't need to go the centre to get to the airport.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (04-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I'm still trying to get my head round the new metro lines D1,etc.
    I was on the aeroexpress from SVO and the train goes all way to skolkovo,even passed Fili metro, super convenient for 10000s of people who don't need to go the centre to get to the airport.

I don't know about D1 but I've been taking D2 and it's nice, but for the first time some trains were late! It's also free until the 8th Dec.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (04-12-2019), Judge (05-12-2019)

Went from Tsaritsyno to Kursky vokzal by D2. Nice.
    They use dedicated platform (5th or 6th, dont remember), farmost from the vokzal, for D2, and installed metro-like turnstyles in tunnels-underpasses.

In Tsaritsyno station, on the way to center, they also use dedicated platform.

About Aeroexpress, it will stop on several stations besides Belorussky, this will prolong travel time 35 to 45 minutes at least (from Belorussky to SVO).
    SO WATCH TIMETABLE!
    All the world's Kremlin,

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (05-12-2019), Uncle Wally (05-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Went from Tsaritsyno to Kursky vokzal by D2. Nice.
    They use dedicated platform (5th or 6th, dont remember), farmost from the vokzal, for D2, and installed metro-like turnstyles in tunnels-underpasses.

In Tsaritsyno station, on the way to center, they also use dedicated platform.

About Aeroexpress, it will stop on several stations besides Belorussky, this will prolong travel time 35 to 45 minutes at least (from Belorussky to SVO).
    SO WATCH TIMETABLE!

Yeah I take D2 from Podolsk to Tsaritsyno and back. To go South you don't go into the train station but enter by the street where the bus stops are. It's clearly marked in English in the metro underp**** so don't walk straight down to the end but take your first exit on the left. To go North it's the same track as before and you need to go into the train station. When walking up to the station from the metro it's the track on your left.

This new D2 line has made it so much better to get in and out of Moscow. There are many more trains (there used to be a break from 12:00 to 14:00 but not anymore) and the new trains are much more comfortable. I'm amazed at the soft ride they have.

I think Moscow is doing it right because traveling from Podolsk I see so many new buildings going up. Moscow is planning on a huge build up in Novi Moscow and are putting the transportation in first. It already seems to me that more people are taking the train because there are more trains, which should help on road traffic.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Oh and Yandex has a great train app, download it. It tells departure and arrival time for all trains. Just save your route in favorites and you can switch back and forth easily.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Wally said,
    This new D2 line has made it so much better to get in and out of Moscow. There are many more trains (there used to be a break from 12:00 to 14:00 but not anymore) and the new trains are much more comfortable. I'm amazed at the soft ride they have

Let's see if people leave their cars at home ,less traffic.

And they have this circle line planned.
    IMG_20191205_102113.jpg
    Last edited by Judge; 05-12-2019 at 10:22.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415