littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Do you agree with the Death Penalty?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goteborg
    Posts
    6,523
    Thanked: 0

    Do you agree with the Death Penalty?

    In a time of crime and violence, there should be some kind of deterrent. Terrorism and serial killers seem to be running wild- all the while- dreaming of new victims as the state watches powerlessly. So should the death penalty be imposed for certain crimes?
    And yet where it is done.... people point to the chances of innocent people getting killed by the state before proved innocent as well as those countries with poor human rights records where violence remains rampant.

    Do you agree with the death penalty? If so why? And who would you choose to see executed?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goteborg
    Posts
    6,523
    Thanked: 0
    Peppermint Paddy loves me to bits u can say.... But his idea of saving me from the Jihadis comes at the price of me accepting a neo facist bullet in the head! What choice is that for me, PP?
    Huh, talk about out of the frying pan into the fire.

    How wud u keep politics out of the death penalty equation?

  3. #3
    Lost in moscow is offline Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    If I knew, would it be still called lost?
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanked: 16
    I agree with it regardless. Though I doubt there are many innocent death penalty waiters, The death penalty isn't handed out that easily. You really have to earn it, and you still have a chance to get life without the chance to get out on parol

    I agree with it cuz The prisons are filled as is.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goteborg
    Posts
    6,523
    Thanked: 0
    The problem is that countries with the death penalty don't generally have a great record on human rights.

  5. #5
    Lost in moscow is offline Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    If I knew, would it be still called lost?
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanked: 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    The problem is that countries with the death penalty don't generally have a great record on human rights.
    There aren't many countries in the world that actually care about human rights, outside of just saying they care.

    But that isnt the problem, the problem is that the educational system and not only, is horrible, so that the few kids grow up to be people who end up fcking up soooooo bad that they are sent to death because they're such a threat to society.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,143
    Thanked: 1043
    I was always against it - until a couple of years ago. It was listening to a podcast series on the subjectby Steve Robinson, a former construction worker from Arizona and one of the wiser men now living on the planet, that I was forced to change my mind on a serious and weighty topic. (Yes, ME. Actually changed my mind.)

    I had thought that there could be no good Christian justification for it. Now I think there can be. Not that there ALWAYS is, and miscarriages of justice remain miscarriages, but the miscarriages do not justify the elimination of the punishment, any more than other miscarriages of justice justify elimination of the justice system.

    It is an audio podcast with a written transcript right there. I recommend listening, if at all possible; we misunderstand SO much when we lose things like tone of voice, which can communicate sympathy where the naked words alone seem to communicate judgement.

    http://165.225.128.33/podcasts/steve...ishment_part_1

    Really, most of his podcasts are full of wisdom - from marriage to advertising to growing old, he is a wonderful listen:
    http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/stevethebuilder

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goteborg
    Posts
    6,523
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    I was always against it - until a couple of years ago. It was listening to a podcast series on the subjectby Steve Robinson, a former construction worker from Arizona and one of the wiser men now living on the planet, that I was forced to change my mind on a serious and weighty topic. (Yes, ME. Actually changed my mind.)

    I had thought that there could be no good Christian justification for it. Now I think there can be. Not that there ALWAYS is, and miscarriages of justice remain miscarriages, but the miscarriages do not justify the elimination of the punishment, any more than other miscarriages of justice justify elimination of the justice system.

    It is an audio podcast with a written transcript right there. I recommend listening, if at all possible; we misunderstand SO much when we lose things like tone of voice, which can communicate sympathy where the naked words alone seem to communicate judgement.

    http://165.225.128.33/podcasts/steve...ishment_part_1

    Really, most of his podcasts are full of wisdom - from marriage to advertising to growing old, he is a wonderful listen:
    http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/stevethebuilder


    So ure against abortion cos of the sanctity of human life.... but ure for executing people?
    Either something is sacrosanct or it isnt...

  8. #8
    Lost in moscow is offline Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    If I knew, would it be still called lost?
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanked: 16
    Babies have yet to "sin", while those who acted in such a way to deserve death, have "sinned"
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goteborg
    Posts
    6,523
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost in moscow View Post
    Babies have yet to "sin", while those who acted in such a way to deserve death, have "sinned"
    What about original sin cos in Christian stuff babies are born guilty cos Eve (note how it had to be a woman who screwed up) stole an apple? In Islam, this is not the case of course- babies don't have orginal sin.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goteborg
    Posts
    6,523
    Thanked: 0
    Just got called a 'loudmouth Paki whore' by someone.
    Not much point in reacting to that...

  11. #11
    Lost in moscow is offline Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    If I knew, would it be still called lost?
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanked: 16
    What if its a boy?)

    Though that would suck, all girls being scared for eternity because Eve couldn't just stay in the kitchen))
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goteborg
    Posts
    6,523
    Thanked: 0
    If I cud get me revenge on all the people who destroyed me and Parveen, what I wud do is in this video- one by one. And unfortunately.... what wud happen to me is also here.


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubvV498pyIM&feature=related"]No Doubt - It's My Life - YouTube[/ame]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,194
    Thanked: 6043
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Just got called a 'loudmouth Paki whore' by someone.
    Not much point in reacting to that...
    You should have screamed back, 'How Much'
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 131
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    What about original sin cos in Christian stuff babies are born guilty cos Eve (note how it had to be a woman who screwed up) stole an apple? In Islam, this is not the case of course- babies don't have orginal sin.
    Catholic and Orthodox believes that. Protestants do not believe babies are born with sin. Child first sin is knowing the difference between being good and bad such as lying or not listen to their parents.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,194
    Thanked: 6043
    I am amazed to read that some religions preach that babies are born as sinners!

    What happened to 'innocent 'til proved guilty'?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •