littleangels        English Nanny
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 180 day visa clarification

And Sal, do you have any immigration problem here, NO! because you are not here. Perhaps you can explain your immigration situation here if you plan to come here on December as you have stated. Let's be factual Sal. WELL! the best we can , there is no argument that their is confusion. And that includes the Italiens especially. Your country signed the agreement WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    If you didn't pay tax, then that's your problem. I do pay tax.

I've seen enough in Holland to know about how they are ridiculous about immigration. Still, they don't put cotton pads up your tube.

Come on Sal, you are where you are and have no immigration problems of your own. What are you trying to tell the people who are dealing with immigration in Russia? And may I kindly remind you that this site is about Russia and we have all rights to discuss immigration rules here? Why are you so against us discussing this here?
    I am against you who keep arguing the same stuff all over failing at recognizing that the russian government cannot be blamed for making its laws more international, trying to cut tax-evaders, and telling foreigners "hey this is not the zoopark"

as regards the paying taxes thing, lets leave it there because we know how it is going to end up...
    of course if you tell me you pay, i interpretate your statement and almost believe it

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheReturn View Post
    I am against you who keep arguing the same stuff all over failing at recognizing that the russian government cannot be blamed for making its laws more international, trying to cut tax-evaders, and telling foreigners "hey this is not the zoopark"

as regards the paying taxes thing, lets leave it there because we know how it is going to end up...
    of course if you tell me you pay, i interpretate your statement and almost believe it
    LOL!

More international! Check the MID website. Check your Embassy website. What is more international here? No information on your Embassy's site as they are "not authorised" to tell you anything. No information on the Russian website as you have to be fluent in Russian to understand it.

If you read my posts carefully, you will find out that in principle I fully support the new immigration laws. I just have my reservations against the fact that it is not being communicated by ANY of the parties involved to those who have to deal with this on a day-to-day basis.

And as you are just infrequently visiting and not at all in a situation that concerns (semi-) permanently living here, I suggest you put your journalistic efforts into research rather than commenting before you have dealt with the situation yourself.

You can have anything against me for argueing something. But at the same time you have no right of passing any judgement, as you are happily living in the EU and don't have to face ANY of the problems mentioned here.

Empathy is something that makes a good journalist. And you are lacking it.

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheReturn View Post

Taxes!! this is a bit in the middle. Wrk for a school and give you net!! and hope the school sorts it out properly. I don't know how private teaching, tranlations, proof reading, freelancing is going to work in the future. But every one to their own responsibilities. For me , pay 6% entrepeneur on declared income. Whatever! but try and appear to look legal for a non-worrying life.

So Sal! Do you have any worries about coming to Russia in regards to visas where others have been straight and honest about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    One year is a major mistake as even before the new law, registration was made for never more than SIX MONTHS.
    I understand that that is the law and that a mistake might have been made.

But it would be great it you could explain what happens when foreigners have received registration for one year (like their visas) from OVIR. This has happened many times.

Who is in the wrong when these people apply for new visas or temporary residency? OVIR gave them stamped documents. Does OVIR have no responsibility? Or does the foreigner bear responsibility for the mistake of OVIR, for giving them one-year registration?

A foreigner gets one-year registration in good faith from the OVIR, and then can't get another visa/temporary residence permit because OVIR screwed up?

Is it getting as bad as the USA here?
    Last edited by Pyotr; 13-12-2007 at 02:11.

So this only applies to visas issues IN the EU or visas issued TO EU citizens? Like I'm an American citizen but might do a visa run in Europe. would I be affected?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234