littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any vegans/raw vegans?

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    why?
    Well, to be a vegan is a bit disguise or I don't know how to call it. When a human is born after several months (8, 9, 10) he/she NEEDS meat. Otherwise he will be weak and sick. So, I bet all inola's friends got all they needed while their organism was growing and meat (milk, whatever) was vital and now they claim that eating meat is something horrible. At the age after 22-23 or so you don't really need food of animal origin so you can become whatever. Or I don't know , maybe what I wrote doesn't contradict their theory.
    First of all, not all my friends (see post above).

Secondly, not all of my friends-vegans/vegetarians claim anything of the kind : one of them - a raw vegan (she is 50) says she feels better this way, a couple of colleagues (simply do not eat meat) - same way.

The only one (stopped eating meat, chicken included, at the age of 22) who did so for moral reasons, never imposes her views on others - I think she only once said something - expressed her approval when first saw me in my new fake-leather jacket (I bought it because I liked it and it was cheap)...

I don't think she is cynical because she ate meat while growing - first of all, when you are a kid your parents decided for you what your diet should contain.. secondly, people stop eating meat at the age they decide it's wrong and decide to stop eating meat. As simple as that imho.
    Бешеной собачке семь верст - не крюк!

So , you actually have only one raw vegan friend. The others are just people who don't eat meat, like for example I don't eat caramel candies.

Quote Originally Posted by Inola View Post
    I don't think she is cynical because she ate meat while growing - .
    Does she plan to feed her kids with meat?

So , you actually have only one raw vegan friend. The others are just people who don't eat meat, like for example I don't eat caramel candies.
    I am acquainted with others - friends of that very friend and know a couple of other raw vegans but don't go to restaurants with them (mere acquaintances).

Does she plan to feed her kids with meat?
    have no idea... but she does feed her cat properly

have no idea... but she does feed her cat properly
    thats interesting. is it possible to find such food for cats? my cat used to eat water melons and cucumbers though

its not a grass its cadavers of plants

Back to the original question- my husband is Russian and a vegan, though lately he hasn't been super strict about it. I'm sure we wouldn't mind a food social kind of thing, but haven't sought it out. We do eat a lot of tofu and beans (I go along with the vegan thing but I usually add cheese and sour cream to whatever we cook).

Vegans don't eat -Grass-

Quote Originally Posted by mrzuzzo View Post
    Both! Friends don't let friends eat grass!

sorry the clip is in german but if you click on the pictures you will see what can be done with vegan cooking. In vegan cooking heat up to +40/45 C are allowed. So in many instances a dehydrator is being used do prepare vegan food.
    As we know i am a Chef and i have tried some of the things in the pictures. Having no dehydrator so i am using my normal convection oven to -dry?cook?- the food items prepared.
    If one has a convection oven the temperature can be kept at under or around the temperature required by vegan cooking.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post

sorry the clip is in german but if you click on the pictures you will see what can be done with vegan cooking. In vegan cooking heat up to +40/45 C are allowed. So in many instances a dehydrator is being used do prepare vegan food.
    As we know i am a Chef and i have tried some of the things in the pictures. Having no dehydrator so i am using my normal convection oven to -dry?cook?- the food items prepared.
    If one has a convection oven the temperature can be kept at under or around the temperature required by vegan cooking.
    hi, Benedikt, where to find the clip?

vegan vegetarians

I keep getting that response being vegetarian,however I don' thave the same lack of tolerance towards barbarians.Joking aside,I feel there is a sense of control .From a lot of the jokes revolve around control,why can't people eat what you give them.DO we have to eat what we hear too?I suppose I ate meat because I was given some and if I did not it would be put in the mashed potatoe or anywhere else but the bin.
    Unfortunaltely I can't help vegans but you can read about it on internet,i was a vegan for many years but di dnot know about it.Beware that some vegans don't eat honey as they are made by an animal ,as in contain animal cells....

here it is, sorry should have checked

hi, Benedikt, where to find the clip?

http://kurier.at/freizeit/genuss/450...e-herd.php#vor

sorry these are just pictures. but you can see what can be done with -grass-.
    and if you want to read PROMT will translate it quite good. or if you have the Google Chrome browser he translates the whole site into english or whatever language you had set it up to translate.

http://simplyrawbakery.blogspot.co.at/
    and here is another link about vegan food. sorry it is in German again, don't seem to find anything in english language equivalent.
    and typing in vegan cooking or vegan food does not seem to bring any good results.

Quote Originally Posted by aerewenna View Post
    I'm interested if there are any vegans or even raw vegans in Moscow?
    I'm the last one, actually.

May be, let's meet up or even make a dinner together?
    There is nothing original about being a raw vegan; I have never met a cooked vegan.
    ‘Your stature is like a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I say I will climb the palm tree and lay hold of its fruit’.
    Song of Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by mrzuzzo View Post
    I would not be friends with a person who is a vegan. I actually find vegans offensive, self-centered, and unnatural. It's absolutely disgusting.
    You judge people and decide whether to like them or not simply based on what they EAT????

How does your mind work?

what interests me most

Quote Originally Posted by aerewenna View Post
    I'm interested if there are any vegans or even raw vegans in Moscow?
    I'm the last one, actually.

May be, let's meet up or even make a dinner together?

how do you -cook-? do you use a dehydrator or is your oven good enough to get +40C. that is the temperature vegans are allowed to use. or at lest this is the way i cook when doing vegan.( in a commercial kitchen we can get our ovens down to as low as +10C, so no problems there)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast