littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: coming to Russia to teach

coming to Russia to teach

I'm more interested in Americans i.e. citizens of USA and to a lesser degree in Btits, Canadians, Aussies and Kiwis who come to Europe and Russia as language teachers (or come here and do TEFL exams and become language teachers). Or generally, I am interested in people who come to Russia on their own accord, not those who are sent abroad by their companies.
    Why do they leave home? Is it because they are not employable at home? Wander-lust? Russia being the last frontier? :-)? Interest in Russian culture?
    Desire to meet docile women?
    And if an American leaves home why does he (she) chose to come to Russia? And if he (she) decides to come to Russia, what makes to choose Moscow? or why they go to Petersburg?

And then I am interested in the span of 1990-now.
    Thank you in advance.
    ‘Your stature is like a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I say I will climb the palm tree and lay hold of its fruit’.
    Song of Solomon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shurale For This Useful Post:

DiscoverLearn (29-08-2016), Uncle Wally (25-08-2016)

I met a Russian girl in America that needed help so I helped her. She then invited me to Russia and again I met a girl who I thought needed help so I married her.

Then I fell in love with Russia.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (29-08-2016)

I met a Russian girl in Russia, and helped her. She was amazed to find 250 condoms in my suitcase, told her I'd packed them for emergencies. She helped me understand emergency planning. I married her.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Englishman In Moscow For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (29-08-2016), nicklcool (29-08-2016), TolkoRaz (29-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman In Moscow View Post
    She was amazed to find 250 condoms in my suitcase, told her I'd packed them for emergencies.
    At ole goo times Soviet geologists and soil scientists were using condoms as a protective package for samples of soils and rock formations
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (29-08-2016), TolkoRaz (29-08-2016)