littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work contract 12 months - FMS Letter 90 days

Work contract 12 months - FMS Letter 90 days

Hi Everyone,

So, I have a English Language school offering me a 12 month contract starting August 7th.

They got FMS to give me the letter of invitation and after 3 weeks, it arrived this morning in my hands.

Upon reading it, its only valid from August 1st to October 29th.......

Am I missing something?

Is this an FMS Typo? Should it be for 12 months?

Will the school simply apply for a 90 day letter of invitation/extension for me 4times in the year?

If this is so, Where do I apply for the visa itself and where do I send my passport?

Can I do it from inside Russia?

Is there something I'm missing here?

Is the school just pulling my pisser?

They want me to get a one way ticket, on a 90 day visa, to sign a 12 month contract when I get there........

Can anyone suggest what's going on?

I can't apply for a work visa via VFS Global and the Russian consulate in London if I don't have the contract can I ?

I'll be contacting the school in the morning, Ijust wanted to run it past you guys first.....

Can anyone help?

Best to speak to them first.

PM'd you too.

It's normal. Don't worry about it.

You get a 90-day single entry visa in the UK and then it's extended into a 12-month multiple entry one in Russia.

For a work visa invitation, the first field should say:
    Категория и вид визы ........... Обыкновенная рабочая

If the bold part says something else, then you should be suspicious.

You can apply to VFS in London. You'll need an HIV test since it's a work visa.
    Other requirements are here: http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/Workshort_docreq.html

Just checked the bold part

The Bold part simply says OP

In full: категория и виа визы:

Оббыкновенная ОР

Do I need to be suspiscious?

Thanks for your guidance,

Draenog

ОР is the code for "Обыкновенная рабочая" - ordinary working visa. So it seems everything is ok.

If you're still nervous, you can double check. The field "Цель поездки" should be "Работа по найму", ""Преподаватель" or "Иносотрудник". They are the three work visa sub-types which could apply in your case.

And in case anyone is interested, all of the visa types and codes are available here: http://goo.gl/yrIlA

FMS Work Invitation System Error?

So I have got all my paperwork together for the Work Visa application through VFS Global in London and will have to take the long journey down to London on Wednesday to make the application in person because employment visa applications cannot be done by post.

However, when I made me application online, the serial number of my new FMS Letter of Invitation is not recognised by the system.

Anyway seen this problem before?

Is it a bug in their system or am I about to go all the way to London to find out someone in Chelyabinsk FMS didn't do their job right?

Why don't you call/email them to ask? http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/contactus.html

There are two numbers on an invitation - one at the top and one in red at the bottom. Maybe they're looking for the other number.

I remember someone writing in the past that they have some computers at the application centre so you can make changes if necessary.

Even if you have a 12 month contract there will be a probation period - every teacher I know initially receives only a 3 month visa. The probation period is about 2 months. A new teacher gets observed once informally and once formally, and then a decision is made to give that teacher a contract or not.

Quote Originally Posted by celia View Post
    every teacher I know initially receives only a 3 month visa.
    That's the normal work permit process. The Russian Consulate always issues a 90-day visa which is then extended in Russia. Same process with study visas.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    That's the normal work permit process. The Russian Consulate always issues a 90-day visa which is then extended in Russia. Same process with study visas.
    Isn't that the procedure in almost every country? First you get the permission to enter the country, then you receive the residency / work permit that allows you to stay longer.

[ok, with HQS visas it's different here, they can by 3 years right away]

Why don't you call/email them to ask? http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/contactus.html

There are two numbers on an invitation - one at the top and one in red at the bottom. Maybe they're looking for the other number.

I remember someone writing in the past that they have some computers at the application centre so you can make changes if necessary.
    Thanks David, I did enter the second number but I get the same error on the site, so I am just going to have to go and see what they say tomorrow.

I'll tell you about my experience when I get home.

absolutely normal

This is an absolutely normal procedure for them to issue invitations and hence visas with an initial validity of 90 days.

I have had these visas issued in the past and then they were extended by the inviting organization for up to a year.

Not a cause for concern in my opinionl

The London Trip

So, As I live in the Barearsed hills of Wales, I drove at midnight down to my mates house in Swansea and took the 04.00hrs Megabus to London. By 10.00am, I was stepping out of the taxi and into VFS Global. Easy.

The office is open spaced and has a very easy relaxed atmosphere in it. Security Guard was great and the lady on Counter one was mega helpful. However..... after about 30 seconds of looking at my papers, she told me I would not be able to make the visa application.

Why? Well, because the VFS Global Website states I need a letter of invitation including itinary and confirmation of employment offer, duration, wage and who will be responsible for me while I am in Russia. I spoke with the School's Director 1 week before and explained I needed this piece of paper on headed notepaper. I emailed for the following three consecutive days after which he said that it wasn't required. 'They only ever want the official FMS invitation'... were I believe his exact words.

So... undeterred I called him there and then and asked if he would fax a copy.... ' No, he said... we are all on holiday here until next monday'....

The other would be visa applicants as well as the security guard and then nice ladies on the counters sat quietly whilst I beratted the employer, live via satellite with words like... 'Baffled' and ' Incompetent'.....

After a few seconds of me having a fit, I decided it would be to my advantage to try to massage his ego and make him feel wanted. Because I'm clever, this worked and he still agreed to employ me. Always a plus.

So, now I have to make the same trip again next wednesday, but this time I have to pay for the next day processing.... (Ask me if I am impressed) and I have to also stay in a hotel during the olympics so that I can pick up the passport with visa the following afternoon. Then get the mega bus to Swansea and arrive at my house at 04.00hrs friday with a e-ticket for the plane from Manchester on the following day..... I'll sleep on the plane....

Luckily the school contract states they will reimburse me the cost of the visa, so they will also get a bill for the two trips also.

Lo and Behold today I got a promise that the required letter will be in my email box tomorrow morning and also afaxed copy will be available if required.

Now all I have to do is get through security with my medication at Manchester Airport after a scene in which I point out I have emailed and called the airport security team three times in the past 2 weeks and as far as I was concerned, their no answer WAS the Answer..... its not going to be a problem..... I will ofcourse shout alot and use words like 'Baffled' and 'Incompetence'....... God I love the English Language.... its great being a TEFL teacher.....

I will keep you all up to date after the incident.... :0)

Update....

I finally received the itinary responsibility letter on school headed note paper with an official stamp. So I have everything I need. Simply now I need to get the train to and from London on thursday friday, Make the next day visa application and then hopefully Get a plane out to Russia on saturday or Sunday in time for the job to begin on Monday.... talk about cutting it fine.

Still no reply from manchester Airport about taking my meds through so today I fired off a letter to the Fat Controller... er sorry... CEO and another to head of Security just incase the one of the tries to hide the letter and do nothing about it.

Am still frustrated by the way S7 airlines won;t answer whether its possible for me to have my medication kept safe in the pressurised Cabin. Each email I get back from them simply says ' What is your flight number?'

They apparently have no understanding of the concept of covering all your bases early to avoid dissappointment. I tried to tell them I won't book a ticket til I have the visa in my hand.....

The reply said simply... ' What is your flight number'

How do I say 'Baffled' and 'Incompetent' in Russian?

Well until the incident, I'll keep you all up to date...

Poka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast