littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Villas-Boas to Spurs

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........

Villas-Boas to Spurs

Looks like AVB is heading back to the bright lights of London..

Andre Villas-Boas flew into London on Monday to sign a three-year deal to become the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur.

We can expect to hear the chants of 'Chelsea reject' coming from the Shed end at Stamford Bridge, pretty soon then!

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    'Chelsea reject' which is true, I can't see him doing anything good at Spurs,going to be hard to follow in Harry's footsteps.
    Time is the key here..but what are the goals for Spurs,finish top 4, fight for the league?

'"Chelsea reject' which is true, I can't see him doing anything good at Spurs,going to be hard to follow in Harry's footsteps.
    Time is the key here..but what are the goals for Spurs,finish top 4, fight for the league?""

Agreed - Absolutely Spot on. Will be an expensive failure!

Quote Originally Posted by Droidage View Post
    '"Chelsea reject' which is true, I can't see him doing anything good at Spurs,going to be hard to follow in Harry's footsteps.
    Time is the key here..but what are the goals for Spurs,finish top 4, fight for the league?""

Agreed - Absolutely Spot on. Will be an expensive failure!
    If he turns out to be an expensive failure, Spurs only have themselves to blame.
    How do you let a manager like Redknapp leave the club?
    The chairman, is risking a backlash from the fans. If it doesn't work out with AVB the fans will rightly turn on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbynumbnuts View Post
    If he turns out to be an expensive failure, Spurs only have themselves to blame.
    How do you let a manager like Redknapp leave the club?
    The chairman, is risking a backlash from the fans. If it doesn't work out with AVB the fans will rightly turn on him.
    Couldn't agree more !! what a crazy gamble, but then again I said that with Roy and England , I was one of the ones saying his tenure in the elite clubs at Liverpoll was a disaster what could possibly go right with the England team, I have to admit I was wrong it wasn't the complete disaster I thought it would be, still not great but not as bad as the world cup in SouthAfrica which was nothing less than embarassing, probably the lowest point for England ever ..

Quote Originally Posted by mds45 View Post
    Couldn't agree more !! what a crazy gamble, but then again I said that with Roy and England , I was one of the ones saying his tenure in the elite clubs at Liverpoll was a disaster what could possibly go right with the England team, I have to admit I was wrong it wasn't the complete disaster I thought it would be, still not great but not as bad as the world cup in SouthAfrica which was nothing less than embarassing, probably the lowest point for England ever ..
    You and millions more. I have to admit i wasn't sure Roy was a good choice either. I now know he's the man for the job and the country should get behind him. He's doing an impossible job.

Back to Spurs, you'd think it was easy to find a successful manager who 'fits in' the cavalier way they let Rednapp go. The premiership is full of clubs who have struggled to find that missing ingredient in the right candidate. How many managers did Spurs go through themselves, before they found Rednapp?
    Levi will be either lucky or a fool.