littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Reliable English Language Schools in Moscow

Reliable English Language Schools in Moscow

Hi,
    I'm currently working for an English language school in Moscow, but it's a huge organisation and I'd rather work for a smaller school.
    Does anybody have any good recommendations for reasonably well-paid, reliable schools in Moscow?
    Thanks.

i would also like to know the answer to this question.

i would like to teach English in a Russian school.

i have a business degree and a CELTA but no teaching experience yet.

Does anyone know if Russian schools (whether public or private) offer jobs to foreign teachers?

Of course, many private schools offer jobs to foreigners - and state schools as well, although I don't know the details about the state schools (you may need a teaching degree).

I'm working at a Language Link school in Domodedovo right now, which I can heartily recommend. It's about 30 minutes away from Moscow on the express train - lots of hours, a fun group of classes (kids, teenagers, and adults) - and there's the potential to make a really good income. And most important to me, the owner, the other teachers and the staff here are all great people to work with. If you'd like more details, please PM me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have (I'm leaving at the end of December to go back to Canada).

Incidentally, if you are not already in Russia, there are lots of schools that will sponsor your visa. This school is one of them - they will offer you a contract and give you the letter of invitation that you need for your visa.

rubyrussia is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Quote Originally Posted by celia View Post
    Of course, many private schools offer jobs to foreigners - and state schools as well, although I don't know the details about the state schools (you may need a teaching degree).

I'm working at a Language Link school in Domodedovo right now, which I can heartily recommend. It's about 30 minutes away from Moscow on the express train - lots of hours, a fun group of classes (kids, teenagers, and adults) - and there's the potential to make a really good income. And most important to me, the owner, the other teachers and the staff here are all great people to work with. If you'd like more details, please PM me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have (I'm leaving at the end of December to go back to Canada).

Incidentally, if you are not already in Russia, there are lots of schools that will sponsor your visa. This school is one of them - they will offer you a contract and give you the letter of invitation that you need for your visa.
    Hey Celia,

Why are you going back if the salary is good and you like your job?

Because I'm a lawyer and I've been offered a position...

rubyrussia is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Quote Originally Posted by celia View Post
    Because I'm a lawyer and I've been offered a position...
    My congratulations!

PM me

I may be able to help you out! I know of some good options!
    Robert

You could try IPT. It is a good school, I worked for them for a few years.

It's funny that you should mention IPT, because I worked for them for a few weeks in September and still haven't been paid.

If you're thinking of working for IPT, please contact me. The school has got some serious problems.

Brian Guest

Oxford Crown ok now days?

Geez, I'm new and accidentally posted in the wrong areas twice already. I finally found the right one and hope my account doesn't get deleted.

--------------

Hello all! I am seeking to gain overseas working experience and think teaching English is the quickest way to do it. I have a BA and MA in International Relations and extensive work experience in international university admissions as well as being a program coordinator in another university's center for international studies. I do NOT have TESOL certification as of yet, though.

I have been approached my a recruiter for Oxford Crown as well as a certain Robert Irina Dingwall which I presume is a small private school. Anyone have any insights on these schools or have other suggestions?

I greatly appreciate any advice and thank you in advance.

Avoid Oxford Crown

Far too many negative stories about them

Small schools can be really great, but they usually don't provide visa support. Most schools will want you to sign a contract for 6 months or a year to give you visa support. If you're already in Russia you might want to "try out" a few schools before you make up your mind. The best of luck to you!

Cooperate?

If anyone is interested in renting a room for private teaching sessions, send me a DM! Private teaching is a great way to earn extra money.))