littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consultancy / English Lesson Tax Rate

Quote Originally Posted by LondonYvonne View Post
    Hi David,

Thanks for the info, do you have a link to the 10,000 EUR rule? Other sources say $3000 USD. 10,000 EUR = 8,064.97 GBP, which seems more reasonable
    My mistake.. it's 10000 USD, not EUR.

http://www.rossiya-airlines.com/en/p.../Customscheck/

Thanks for the link.....it contradicts itself, $10,000 in one section, $3000 in another section.....do you have any other sources of information?

Exportation of foreign currency by individuals (residents and non-residents)

Exportation of foreign currency in cash by individuals from the Russian Federation to an amount up to the equivalent of 10,000 US dollars inclusive calculated using the exchange rate of the Bank of Russia as of the current date shall comply with the customs rules, however, without producing permission documents to the customs bodies.

Customs declaration

According to article 168 of the Customs Code of the Russian Federation, all goods and transport facilities carried across the customs border of the Russian Federation shall be declared to a customs body of the Russian Federation.

The following must be declared in writing:

1. Imported foreign currency in cash to an amount exceeding 10,000 US dollars (or the equivalent).
    2. Exported foreign currency in cash to an amount exceeding 3,000 US dollars (or the equivalent).

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    My mistake.. it's 10000 USD, not EUR.

http://www.rossiya-airlines.com/en/p.../Customscheck/

http://www.ifcg.ru/en/information/cu...dividuals.html

Importation (exportation) of currency by individuals from (to) the outside the Customs Union

Currently it is allowed to import and export currency in cash (either in Russian Rubles or in foreign currency) without any limitations. Meanwhile, in case of importation or exportation of the cash currency or traveler’s checks exceeding the equivalent of $10,000 (according to the rates established by Central Bank of Russia), this currency must be declared to customs.

The currency which is imported or exported by individuals in other documentary forms (e.g. bonds, security etc.) should be declared to customs irrespective of the nominal value.

Previously, cash amounts between the equivalent of $3,000 and $10,000 should have been declared on exportation. Moreover, it was not allowed to export currency exceeding the equivalent of $10,000 (unless an individual provides a document confirming that the cash was imported or transferred into Russia before).

:-)

As RubyRussia said, we're lucky to have you on the forum

Any other tips on getting cash to the UK? In an unregulated way

http://www.ifcg.ru/en/information/cu...dividuals.html

Importation (exportation) of currency by individuals from (to) the outside the Customs Union

Currently it is allowed to import and export currency in cash (either in Russian Rubles or in foreign currency) without any limitations. Meanwhile, in case of importation or exportation of the cash currency or travelerís checks exceeding the equivalent of $10,000 (according to the rates established by Central Bank of Russia), this currency must be declared to customs.

The currency which is imported or exported by individuals in other documentary forms (e.g. bonds, security etc.) should be declared to customs irrespective of the nominal value.

Previously, cash amounts between the equivalent of $3,000 and $10,000 should have been declared on exportation. Moreover, it was not allowed to export currency exceeding the equivalent of $10,000 (unless an individual provides a document confirming that the cash was imported or transferred into Russia before).

You can also use anonymous prepaid debit cards, although it's a slow process and the card commission is relatively high.

Most of my solutions involve companies in other jurisdictions in combination with some of the more liberal aspects of tax code. That allows you to minimise taxes and provide a good level of privacy without having to avoid banks. But it only works if you're in a position to change the structure of your business.

Employment in most countries leaves you with very few options, unfortunately. It's always better to work as a contractor so that you have more control over your tax matters.

Would you say it's quite straightforward to get business visas here as a contractor? Repeatedly?

You can also use anonymous prepaid debit cards, although it's a slow process and the card commission is relatively high.

Most of my solutions involve companies in other jurisdictions in combination with some of the more liberal aspects of tax code. That allows you to minimise taxes and provide a good level of privacy without having to avoid banks. But it only works if you're in a position to change the structure of your business.

Employment in most countries leaves you with very few options, unfortunately. It's always better to work as a contractor so that you have more control over your tax matters.

Would you say it's quite straightforward to get business visas here as a contractor? Repeatedly?
    I have around 6 consecutive 90-day business visas in my passport, and I'll have another 1 or 2 before my residence permit is ready. Someone else I know had at least 11 or 12 before he got his residence permit.

But working on a business visa would require you to do everything in cash and illegally. It isn't possible to register as an entrepreneur or company director with that kind of visa.

But working on a business visa would require you to do everything in cash and illegally.

I'd never do that :-)

Hello again David,

Where can I get a prepaid debit card in Moscow and do I need a Russian bank account to get one?

Where can I get a prepaid debit card in Moscow and do I need a Russian bank account to get one?
    I've seen them advertised in payment machines like Cyberplat, Novoplat, etc. But it's a slow option because they are limited to a few hundred dollars at a time.

The best option is to find a friend who needs to transfer money into Russia. It's the cheapest way. I previously did something similar in Kiev because the spreads offered by banks and MC/Visa there are even worse than in Russia. It was worth the hassle for saving 4-5%.

It's a good idea but I don't have a friend like that and I wouldn't be comfortable doing it with a sranger

It looks like my options are very limited without a bank account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12