littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 127

Thread: Gay by... stroke!

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Telford
    Posts
    15,168
    Thanked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack17 View Post
    Is that how you became a lesbian?

    **snicker** Nah. Too much vegemite when a kid



    Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,162
    Thanked: 5989
    Quote Originally Posted by peppermintpaddy View Post
    In the beginning....Man created God(s)
    .............. not 'Queens'!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    314
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by peppermintpaddy View Post
    you have obviously never read and Greek or Roman history.....homosexuality has existed since the dawn of time,its as natural as being left handed.

    In the beginning....Man created God(s)
    I was going to say the same thing.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanked: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    People have always believed in some kind of god. They have never believed that one's sex could be determined by one's feelings or that same-sex attraction was a natural and normal thing or that one could "marry" and form a "family" with a member of the same sex.

    It is the people of our time who have gone insane over sex, elevating that appetite above all other appetites and deliberately separating it from its prime biological function, putting it on the same level with eating food and regurgitating it to avoid digestion.
    Have you not heard of the Hijras in India? Or the Two-Spirit People of original North Americans?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)#History

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit
    Life is not what you make of it. You are what Life makes of you.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,115
    Thanked: 1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Kings View Post
    I was going to say the same thing.
    Since PP joined Spara on my "ignore list", I'll say that I am perfectly aware that all kinds of perversions have been practiced throughout history, so did not claim that they were not practiced. But it was never seen as a NATURAL and NORMAL thing. The ancient Greeks who mentioned it - mostly indirectly - practically tittered in embarrassment when they did so, and there is no evidence that it was practiced outside of the literary elites; the myths and legends do NOT, in fact, have Zeus getting Hera jealous by sleeping with other men, Thor seducing Loki or Ruslan fighting Chernomor in order to win the hand of Rogdai, which we would definitely have plenty of material on if it had indeed been seen as normal and natural.

    So if by "natural" you mean "occurred", I certainly agree with you; if you mean "normal and socially praised", I certainly do not.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,115
    Thanked: 1017
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyTong View Post
    Have you not heard of the Hijras in India? Or the Two-Spirit People of original North Americans?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)#History

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit
    In attempting to produce any evidence at all, you are only offering exceptions that prove the overwhelming rule.

    I DO admit exceptions, and say that they are EXCEPTIONAL, and by no means anything like the rule. There have also always been insane people in society; yet the overwhelming rule has been sanity. That's the trouble with modern thinking - everybody's grasping at these weird exceptions and treating them as the same as the rule. People have forgotten that simple principle, it seems.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanked: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Since PP joined Spara on my "ignore list", I'll say that I am perfectly aware that all kinds of perversions have been practiced throughout history, so did not claim that they were not practiced. But it was never seen as a NATURAL and NORMAL thing. The ancient Greeks who mentioned it - mostly indirectly - practically tittered in embarrassment when they did so, and there is no evidence that it was practiced outside of the literary elites; the myths and legends do NOT, in fact, have Zeus getting Hera jealous by sleeping with other men, Thor seducing Loki or Ruslan fighting Chernomor in order to win the hand of Rogdai, which we would definitely have plenty of material on if it had indeed been seen as normal and natural.

    So if by "natural" you mean "occurred", I certainly agree with you; if you mean "normal and socially praised", I certainly do not.
    Is the platypus a "perversion"? It certainly doesn't fit into any "normal" categories, does it?

    No doubt you imagine the relationship between Zeus and Ganymede was not an example of Cretan pederasty.

    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretan_pederasty"]Cretan pederasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Life is not what you make of it. You are what Life makes of you.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,869
    Thanked: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    In attempting to produce any evidence at all, you are only offering exceptions that prove the overwhelming rule.

    I DO admit exceptions, and say that they are EXCEPTIONAL, and by no means anything like the rule. There have also always been insane people in society; yet the overwhelming rule has been sanity. That's the trouble with modern thinking - everybody's grasping at these weird exceptions and treating them as the same as the rule. People have forgotten that simple principle, it seems.
    Are not (genuine) Orthodox Christians also EXCEPTIONAL? I know you do not equate exceptionality with aberration. Should a Saint pretend to be "normal"? Should a genius just go along with the prevailing consensus?
    Life is not what you make of it. You are what Life makes of you.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Since PP joined Spara on my "ignore list", I'll say that I am perfectly aware that all kinds of perversions have been practiced throughout history, so did not claim that they were not practiced. But it was never seen as a NATURAL and NORMAL thing. The ancient Greeks who mentioned it - mostly indirectly - practically tittered in embarrassment when they did so, and there is no evidence that it was practiced outside of the literary elites; the myths and legends do NOT, in fact, have Zeus getting Hera jealous by sleeping with other men, Thor seducing Loki or Ruslan fighting Chernomor in order to win the hand of Rogdai, which we would definitely have plenty of material on if it had indeed been seen as normal and natural.

    So if by "natural" you mean "occurred", I certainly agree with you; if you mean "normal and socially praised", I certainly do not.
    Well,im a little surprised im on you ignore list RM-Gee,I didnt know I annoyed you so much,can we kiss and make up?No tongues obviously,just a quick peck.......
    so heres a link to show that Homosexuality was not the exception in Ancient Greece-more like the Rule.......also not forgetting "Sapphic" love ,ie Lesbianism is named after Sappho,the 1st "lesbian".....and of course Lesbian is named after Lesbos the island retreat of said lesbians.

    http://www.historytoday.com/louis-co...ed-band-thebes
    Blame it on the Greeks,a bit like the Euro crisis.....No tittering in embarrassment now,especially with the Spartans.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,115
    Thanked: 1017
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyTong View Post
    Is the platypus a "perversion"? It certainly doesn't fit into any "normal" categories, does it?

    No doubt you imagine the relationship between Zeus and Ganymede was not an example of Cretan pederasty.

    Cretan pederasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I see a certain failure of logic in conflating a behavioral practice and a state of being that occurs by natural design - the platypus actually reproduce more platypus, so they are not an abnormality in the intelligent sense that a person born with no eyes, fetal alcohol syndrome or conjoined twins are.

    I don't believe a lot of the stuff on Wikipedia. It is generally written by modern scholars, and more often "scholars", who make up stuff to support their world view. So neo-pagans are inventing a history of continuous paganism in Europe out of thin air, ditto on homosexual "scholars" inventing thorough histories of widespread and publicly approved sodomic practice throughout Christendom, just as Plato in your article accused the Cretan intellectuals of making their story up to justify what they do. Happened then, happens now.

    In any event, I am equally unlikely to convince you no matter what I say, either - right?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    8,115
    Thanked: 1017
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyTong View Post
    Are not (genuine) Orthodox Christians also EXCEPTIONAL? I know you do not equate exceptionality with aberration. Should a Saint pretend to be "normal"? Should a genius just go along with the prevailing consensus?
    If you know that I do not equate them (and of course I do not), then why do you ask such questions?

    In speaking of the general rule and the exception, and the modern trend to fail to distinguish between them, I DO mean that aberrations ARE increasingly treated as "alternative rules". It is that kind of thinking that produces expressions like "differently abled", which, while containing some truth - people with missing or damaged faculties often learn to compensate - the blind man pays more attention to his hearing and gets more out of it - becomes false in suggesting that the aberration is an alternate norm, and on equal footing, equally desirable, as having the normal faculties. The blazingly obvious fact that the person cannot enjoy the miracles of walking and seeing is forgotten, ceases to be obvious. The person who thinks like that has himself become mentally handicapped. And so, people with damaged faculties - or desires perverted from their true objects - come to imagine that they are an alternate norm.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    270
    Thanked: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Thats another very valid reason for not wanting a stroke!
    hahaha! i LOVE irish accents... i wouldnt mind having one, lol!

    omg, just clicked on ur link, u like marina v?? i met her a couple times!!! lol! she is super nice and pretty

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    5,265
    Thanked: 0
    Can you imagine becoming orthodox by stroke?
    cured

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    270
    Thanked: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by yakspeare View Post
    Can you imagine becoming orthodox by stroke?

    that might make for an interesting day, lol

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ALWAYS in trouble.....
    Posts
    19,162
    Thanked: 5989
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    omg, just clicked on ur link, u like marina v?? i met her a couple times!!! lol! she is super nice and pretty
    She sings my song!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •