littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: 2 open visas at the same time?

2 open visas at the same time?

So I got a new visa because my 90 days were up...no hassle at the consulate, processed nornally...but the old visa that still runs for another 3 weeks isn't cancelled.

So I have one that runs till mid april and another that runs till mid june. Will be interesting what they make of it at passport control.

They must have slipped up there - they're usually careful to cancel the earlier visa.

Mine never got cancelled.

I once had three open at the same time - tourist, business, work visa. And they seemed to scan whatever they saw first. Never had any issue with it.

Why I had three open visas at the same time is a different story

Seems to be the norm then...no issue entering, then again it was 6AM and the guy was half asleep. They do scan whatever they see first. Wonder what would happen if they scanned 1 on entry and another on exit.

Quote Originally Posted by JanC View Post
    Wonder what would happen if they scanned 1 on entry and another on exit.
    It is their issue, not yours. Your docs are in order - valid passport + valid visa (maybe it's a good idea to save registration slip as well).
    If the issue occurs nevertheless, make poker face (we say "as a spate"), don't joke (these guys may appear very decent and having a good sense of humor in private talks, but being on duty they understand only their own humor), be quiet and polite, soft but persistent.
    Again, you shouldn't point them how to workaround your passport, they know better (maybe... ). And if you go OUT of the country, they can close eyes for small questions.

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    It is their issue, not yours. Your docs are in order - valid passport + valid visa (maybe it's a good idea to save registration slip as well).
    There are questions on Visa Application forms about previous Visas.
    Was the existing visa correctly declared when applying for the second one?
    If you ride or just dream of it ...
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533442

Quote Originally Posted by JanC View Post
    Wonder what would happen if they scanned 1 on entry and another on exit.
    Nothing happens. I had an open business and work visa for one year and was 'checked in' in randomly from what I could see on the migration card print-out.

Honestly, try to point that out gently at passport control so that they check you in on your new visa, it will avoid any consequence which they will never be accountable for (this they will say).

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Any new visa in your passport automatically cancels your old one, asked about this at an embassy..
    If you try and tell them you have 2 or 3 valid passport, you'll probably confuse them and could have a long wait...