littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Residence Permit (PRP) procedures, registration, etc. (Dutchman living in Moscow with Russian wife)

Permanent Residence Permit (PRP) procedures, registration, etc. (Dutchman living in Moscow with Russian wife)

Recently I received my Permanent Residence Permit (PRP/ВНЖ). With lots of help from SV1973a the process was thankfully a lot easier than a year and a half ago. I'm writing here once more how it went for me, hoping it may help out others My goal still is to be able to stay in Russia indefinitely and keep working here.

My situation: I'm Dutch and my wife is Russian (we're married), and we live in Moscow. In June 2010 I received my Temporary Residence Permit (TRP/РВП).

During the entire process I have not had help from any agency or company, though my wife and parents-in-law did help a lot

GENERAL TIPS
    • Always have a paperclip in your passport. With it you can clip your migration card to your passport;
    • Always fill out everything using Cyrillic letters, even your migration card and your address abroad. (Of course passport numbers etc. are an exception.)
    • Every time you enter Russia on a visa, TRP or PRP, you get a migration card. This is perhaps not strictly necessary having a TRP or PRP, but with literally conflicting laws on the issue, you better be safe than sorry. Only citizens of Russia and Belarus really do not need to do this;
    • To be on the safe side, always have two copies of the following with you: passport, residence permit, registration, visa, migration card, work permit. You never know when you suddenly need them;
    • Make two notarized translations of your passport. A lot of organizations require you to show them a notarized translation of your passport, e.g. when opening a bank account, so you'll still need one after you hand in the other at UFMS. You will also need one for the medical check-up. Also make sure your current visa or residence permit is included in the translation. Include the opposing sides of both the main info page and the visa page.
      For those with an EU passport, make absolutely sure your translation states all the languages used on the parts of your passport you have translated. E.g., a Dutch passport mentions "name", "passport number" etc. in English, Dutch and French. Therefore the translation should literally state "translation from English/Dutch/French to Russian".
      Also, don't include the pages with all terms translated into 22 or so languages. Because yeah, good luck trying to find a recognized translator who can translate from the 22 EU languages to Russian;
    • Prepare for long lines. People often start queueing at 6:00 or so in the morning. There may be a list going around you have to put your name on. Also ask what exactly a particular line is for. It may be the case one line with a list is for handing in documents and asking questions, while another has no list and is for actually receiving your PRP. Always ask who is the last person for a specific purpose (e.g. receiving PRP) and explicitly state you're after them ("я за вами"). (This basically applies anywhere where there's a long line.)
    • Of course it helps a lot if you speak Russian well, but it is not strictly necessary, i.e., if you have someone who can translate for you.

WHEN TO START
    You can hand in your PRP application a year after your TRP has been issued. Gathering documents you can start with earlier, of course, but do take their validity period into account (see further on). You should hand in your application no later than 6 months before your TRP expires, however.

MEDICAL CHECK-UP
    One of the requirements for a PRP is a health statement ("Медицинское заключение о состоянии здоровья иностранного гражданина"). You can get this as follows:
    • Look up the list of hospital addresses for your region, and google their opening hours;
    • КВД is for skin and venereal diseases, you go here first;
    • At the reception you will be given a check, which you'll have to pay at Sberbank. It cost me RUB1,275;
    • After you've paid, you will receive an A4 paper with stamps and stickers. You can then go back to КВД, give your blood and go to the dermatologist, who will put stamps on this paper;
    • You then go to the following two, in any order:
    • ПТД is for tuberculosis, you'll have to do three tests: they'll take blood from your finger top, you'll have to hand in urine (do ask for a cup or glass pot, and where the toilet is; it doesn't have to be morning urine and you can eat and drink beforehand) and they'll make an X-ray scan of your chest. The opening hours of the different required departments are not exactly synchronized, so you may have to wait a few hours, or come back the next day if you're unlucky. Also, there may be lines (it's not just for foreigners), so if you can, at least get in line for the X-ray. Finally, stay away from the sick. They may actually have tuberculosis... (No kidding.);
    • НД is for drug tests, this is the easiest one: you should look like you're not a junkie and you'll get your stamp. Then you get another stamp;
    • You have to return to КВД and ПТД later (they'll say when) for the results of the blood and tuberculosis tests. At КВД, you'll first hand in the paper with stamps, and only later that day (or another day) can you get the results;
    • After this you can finally get your health statement. This is at a separate place as well, the address should be written somewhere at КВД on one of the doors of the cabinets you'll need. In ЮАО, this is Варшавское шоссе 116, 8th floor, room 808 (opening hours mon, wed: 10:00-16:00, fri: 10:00-15:00, lunch break 13:00-14:00). (The actual opening hours may be different than the ones mentioned at КВД, btw.) Be sure to bring: passport + notarized translation, copy of AIDS result paper, original document with all the stamps and document with registration (copy of registration stamp in your passport e.g.).

RE-REGISTRATION
    Having a TRP or PRP you are obliged to go through a so-called re-registration every year. Whenever a(nother) year has passed since you got your TRP/PRP issued, you have two months to do this. The purpose of this re-registration is to make sure you have sufficient means of income (you should make at least minimum wage, or about RUB10k per month) and to make sure you have not been outside of Russia for longer than 6 months during this year. You'll need the following documents (though this apparently depends on the UFMS office):
    • Application form;
    • Passport + notarized translation (also of current TRP) + copy of translation;
    • 2НДФЛ statements (income) + copies (I got the statements themselves back);
    • ИНН paper + copy;
    • A paper folder, saying "Дело №" on the front, available in office supply stores;
    • A passport photograph (color or black-and-white, doesn't matter).

You will also need to fill out some card, which I was supposed to have received when I got my TRP. I didn't, so they gave me one to fill out on the spot. After the re-registration, you get the tear-off part of the application form and have to get it stamped and signed by the head of the office. You will need this part for your PRP application.

The UFMS office may have set times for re-registration, first time I was out of luck, but the second time went surprisingly well. No line, kind lady, and in total about half an hour spent.

Btw., when you have been issued your PRP, you will still need to go through this procedure, but now after a year after having issued your PRP, so TRP doesn't matter anymore.

HANDING IN DOCUMENTS FOR PRP
    When applying for your PRP, you'll need:
    • Application form, filled out twice;
    • Statement from Sberbank that you paid RUB2,000 to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in), saying Платеж по сроку: 2000, Итого к оплате: 2000). The receipt suffices, you don't need the payment form itself;
    • Passport + notarized translation (also of current TRP);
    • 4 passport photographs, black-and-white, 35x45 mm, white background, on matte paper, in one piece (don't cut out the pictures!);
    • The slip you get from UFMS after re-registration;
    • Document stating sufficient means of income, e.g. 2НДФЛ form stating your income over the past and current year;
    • A health statement ("Медицинское заключение о состоянии здоровья иностранного гражданина"), see above;
    • Marriage certificate + apostille (unless married in Russia) + notarized translation;
    • Passport of spouse + copy;
    • Work permit + copy;
    • Financial and personal account statement;
    • Excerpt from household register;
    • Flat documents (ownership statement + copy, purchase documents + copy);
    • Agreement document stating all those registered at this flat agree to you living there;
    • 2 post cards, 2 (matching) envelopes;
    • A folder with files in which you present all the required documents. Include the pen with which you filled out the forms. The folder should say something like "Дело №" on the front in big letters. You can get these at office supply stores.

These documents should not be older than 3 months, while the flat documents (excerpts, statements etc.) should not be older than 1 month.

Concerning the application form, pretend you have to show it to the queen. Don't write in the margins or correct words, and write as legibly and clearly as possible. The two forms should be exact copies of each other. If things really don't fit, add an attachment saying e.g. "Приложение к пункту 12.". Don't sign your forms beforehand, you have to sign them on the spot with the officer from UFMS, using the pen with which you filled out the forms.

It also helps to be very verbose. E.g., when filling out your name, you should add "фамилию, имя не менял, отчества не имею" if that is the case. Also, your passport data should be filled out something like this: "Паспорт AK538H5 от 14.07.2010, действителен до 14.07.2015, выдан посольством Нидерландов в Москве." Be sure to copy these data from your passport translation.

This even extends to the point of adding useless information. I didn't start working straightaway after I got my TRP, so I needed to add "не работаю" over this period to the table, with my registration address.

You could of course also fill out the forms on the computer and print them out. Best to make the text stick out a bit by making it cursive or bold.

Blanks and examples can be downloaded from Gos Uslugi.

After you have handed in all your documents, you'll receive a statement (справка) saying you did so.

And then the waiting begins. Officially, your PRP has to be done within 6 months. It's usually 5, but if you've got connections, you can make it apparently somewhat less.

UFMS may call you for some small matters. In my case, I had to get my tax clearance statement myself, just like last year.

PICKING UP YOUR PRP
    When your PRP is done, it will be "announced" on a small paper hanging somewhere on the wall at UFMS. You used to have to pick it up at Kirpichnaya ulitsa (ул. Кирпичная), but since September 2011, this is no longer the case. You now have to pick it up at the same UFMS as where you handed in your application. (I was of course not contacted by UFMS about my PRP being done.)

At least at the UFMS in ЮАО, there was a separate line for obtaining your PRP (room 101), apart from the masses at the usual place (room 100). Their opening times are:
    • Room 100: Monday 10:00-18:00, Tuesday 10:00-20:00, Thursday 10:00-20:00, Friday 09:00-16:45. Lunch break 14:00-14:45;
    • Room 101: Monday 10:00-14:00, Thursday 15:00-20:00.

Already shortly after they opened they gathered the passports of the three people who came there to pick up their PRP. A few minutes later we were called in. My TRP and registration were annulled, and I was told to get re-registered within 7 days.

I got the PRP booklet (16 pages, passport format, dark blue cover), a "PRP issued" stamp in my passport, a letter (for registering) and that was that In total it took about half an hour. Do take into account that a PRP is valid for a maximum of 5 years, but no longer than your passport! E.g., mine is only valid for a year and a half, but by that time I hope to have acquired citizenship already.

Also, having a PRP you do not need an exit visa or work permit anymore.

RE-REGISTRATION, AGAIN
    Before you handed in your PRP application, you had to re-register because of your TRP. Now you have to re-register again, but this time because of your PRP On the upside, your registration will be permanent instead of temporary.

At the passport office you'll have to hand in the following documents:
    • Request to get registered, in my case from my wife, written on blank A4;
    • Accounting card (форма учётной карточки, to be requested there);
    • Copy of the letter you got from UFMS;
    • Copy of a notarized translation of your marriage certificate (if applicable);
    • Copy of the ownership statement of the place you want to register (e.g. flat);
    • Copy of the financial statement of the flat (done by the owner, called Единй жилищный документ, to be requested at ДЕЗ);
    • One passport photograph (color).

You also have to show all the originals when you hand in the copies, as well as the passports of your wife (if applicable) and the owner of the flat. You don't need copies of those, though.

I did not need to go to UFMS to get anything signed, nor did I have to pay any fee at Sberbank for getting me registered. I only needed to go to ДЕЗ, but that was in the same building

I handed in all the documents on Tuesday, including the PRP booklet itself, and was told to call on Thursday after 15:00. I was then told to come pick it up on Tuesday, after 15:00. (Do ask about their opening hours.)

When I got there, it was a matter of asking for it (same spot as where I handed it in, no line, btw.), saying my surname, and that was it. She reminded me once more I should re-register after a year, and off I was!

YEARLY ACTIONS
    The same as for TRP applies, so you should re-register and show proof of income from 12 to 14 months after your PRP was issued.

So there you have it, good luck!

hurrah to you!!!! i am the next....

i handed in my papers for PR a month ago, so i am on the waiting list.
    For me it was Karamishevsky nab. apparently the worst of the worst in Moscow. And like you, i did it myself, with the help of my wife.For the PR i just tool photos from an example that was posted on the walls there and wrote in the same wording exactly. And it was just fine.
    My name, the inspector asked should be written in Russian and LATIN letters.
    Photos: here they wanted 4 COLOR photos, 35x45 and not cut as well.
    i filled in the form, from the Internet with computer. And got a date wrong. On the bank document it was day/month/ year. and i had my computer set to year/month/day (auto fill, and it never occurred to me that this might be wrong). so, another new page...

so all the best to you in the future...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Thanks, you too The process of picking it up was so much easier than I had expected, I hope others will have the same experience.

A note indeed, these are my personal experiences. UFMS's somehow vary in their requirements, as for me they explicitly asked for black-and-white ones... Do pop by (har har) your UFMS office to make sure you get everything right first!

Sounds like a fairly straightforward process.

I'm out in Siberia and had all my documents accepted for VNZh processing in October, so I'm hoping to hear in March or so that everything is done. The documents were a bit different, and it sounds like you didn't have to interview with an officer who typed up a one page "life story" document like I did, but other than that everything sounds the same.

One question, though. I don't have an INN; since I got the RVP I've just submitted proof of income every year and they accept it without any problems. Is that all I need to do once I get the VNZh? Or do I need to have an INN and get something from the nalogovaya every year? The way the law is written it doesn't seem very clear to me what the requirements are, so I'm wondering what you were told.

Also, if you wouldn't mind clarifying, you say first that "on the upside, your registration will be permanent instead of temporary," but later that "you should re-register ... 12 months after getting the permanent residency." I own my apartment, so there's no worries about how long the owner will register me - do I need to get registered again every year? Or will they register me for as long as I want (presumably the full 5 years) once I have the permanent residency?

One question, though. I don't have an INN; since I got the RVP I've just submitted proof of income every year and they accept it without any problems.
    Just go to the tax office and get yourself an INN. You will need this document when you apply for PRP.

Is that all I need to do once I get the VNZh? Or do I need to have an INN and get something from the nalogovaya every year?
    For the declaration of your income, you need to show a 2NDFL document, that you can get from your employer. You don`t need to go to the tax office, any more, just to get the INN (and finished).

Also, if you wouldn't mind clarifying, you say first that "on the upside, your registration will be permanent instead of temporary," but later that "you should re-register ... 12 months after getting the permanent residency."
    Once you get the PRP you get a registration stamp in your PRP booklet. That is your registration. Further you need to `re-confirm` each year, that you are still in Russia.
    Commonly, we refer to this as re-registration, but in fact it is not like registration (you don`t need to collect the same documents as for when you first registered).
    So, if you have PRP they will register you for the full 5 years (and when you obtain citizenship, you keep the registration).
    I used to think math was no fun,
    'Cause I didn't get how it's done.
    Now Euler's my hero,
    For I see why zero
    Equals e^(i*pi)+1

rubyrussia is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    I know we already have a lot of stickies but we should add this one as well.

Yes and thanked. Having a PRP myself it s still continues to be a pain in the **** so to speak. as permanent in Russia doesn't mean permanent redidence by no means, as we we still have to register every year! LOL! and NO It is not simply filling out a form for the post or interest! LOL! It means queuing up for ages , where you might not get to the beginning of the queue. The system in Russia is most certainly inefficient, in fact I would go as far as their admininistratrsation capabilities go way back into the 1500's for capability. Yes! they are that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by NLD View Post
    Recently I received my Permanent Residence Permit (PRP/ВНЖ). With lots of help from SV1973a the process was thankfully a lot easier than a year and a half ago. I'm writing here once more how it went for me, hoping it may help out others My goal still is to be able to stay in Russia indefinitely and keep working here.

My situation: I'm Dutch and my wife is Russian (we're married), and we live in Moscow. In June 2010 I received my Temporary Residence Permit (TRP/РВП).

During the entire process I have not had help from any agency or company, though my wife and parents-in-law did help a lot

GENERAL TIPS
    • Always have a paperclip in your passport. With it you can clip your migration card to your passport;
    • Always fill out everything using Cyrillic letters, even your migration card and your address abroad. (Of course passport numbers etc. are an exception.)
    • Every time you enter Russia on a visa, TRP or PRP, you get a migration card. This is perhaps not strictly necessary having a TRP or PRP, but with literally conflicting laws on the issue, you better be safe than sorry. Only citizens of Russia and Belarus really do not need to do this;
    • To be on the safe side, always have two copies of the following with you: passport, residence permit, registration, visa, migration card, work permit. You never know when you suddenly need them;
    • Make two notarized translations of your passport. A lot of organizations require you to show them a notarized translation of your passport, e.g. when opening a bank account, so you'll still need one after you hand in the other at UFMS. You will also need one for the medical check-up. Also make sure your current visa or residence permit is included in the translation. Include the opposing sides of both the main info page and the visa page.
      For those with an EU passport, make absolutely sure your translation states all the languages used on the parts of your passport you have translated. E.g., a Dutch passport mentions "name", "passport number" etc. in English, Dutch and French. Therefore the translation should literally state "translation from English/Dutch/French to Russian".
      Also, don't include the pages with all terms translated into 22 or so languages. Because yeah, good luck trying to find a recognized translator who can translate from the 22 EU languages to Russian;
    • Prepare for long lines. People often start queueing at 6:00 or so in the morning. There may be a list going around you have to put your name on. Also ask what exactly a particular line is for. It may be the case one line with a list is for handing in documents and asking questions, while another has no list and is for actually receiving your PRP. Always ask who is the last person for a specific purpose (e.g. receiving PRP) and explicitly state you're after them ("я за вами"). (This basically applies anywhere where there's a long line.)
    • Of course it helps a lot if you speak Russian well, but it is not strictly necessary, i.e., if you have someone who can translate for you.

WHEN TO START
    You can hand in your PRP application a year after your TRP has been issued. Gathering documents you can start with earlier, of course, but do take their validity period into account (see further on). You should hand in your application no later than 6 months before your TRP expires, however.

MEDICAL CHECK-UP
    One of the requirements for a PRP is a health statement ("Медицинское заключение о состоянии здоровья иностранного гражданина"). You can get this as follows:
    • Look up the list of hospital addresses for your region, and google their opening hours;
    • КВД is for skin and venereal diseases, you go here first;
    • At the reception you will be given a check, which you'll have to pay at Sberbank. It cost me RUB1,275;
    • After you've paid, you will receive an A4 paper with stamps and stickers. You can then go back to КВД, give your blood and go to the dermatologist, who will put stamps on this paper;
    • You then go to the following two, in any order:
    • ПТД is for tuberculosis, you'll have to do three tests: they'll take blood from your finger top, you'll have to hand in urine (do ask for a cup or glass pot, and where the toilet is; it doesn't have to be morning urine and you can eat and drink beforehand) and they'll make an X-ray scan of your chest. The opening hours of the different required departments are not exactly synchronized, so you may have to wait a few hours, or come back the next day if you're unlucky. Also, there may be lines (it's not just for foreigners), so if you can, at least get in line for the X-ray. Finally, stay away from the sick. They may actually have tuberculosis... (No kidding.);
    • НД is for drug tests, this is the easiest one: you should look like you're not a junkie and you'll get your stamp. Then you get another stamp;
    • You have to return to КВД and ПТД later (they'll say when) for the results of the blood and tuberculosis tests. At КВД, you'll first hand in the paper with stamps, and only later that day (or another day) can you get the results;
    • After this you can finally get your health statement. This is at a separate place as well, the address should be written somewhere at КВД on one of the doors of the cabinets you'll need. In ЮАО, this is Варшавское шоссе 116, 8th floor, room 808 (opening hours mon, wed: 10:00-16:00, fri: 10:00-15:00, lunch break 13:00-14:00). (The actual opening hours may be different than the ones mentioned at КВД, btw.) Be sure to bring: passport + notarized translation, copy of AIDS result paper, original document with all the stamps and document with registration (copy of registration stamp in your passport e.g.).

RE-REGISTRATION
    Having a TRP or PRP you are obliged to go through a so-called re-registration every year. Whenever a(nother) year has passed since you got your TRP/PRP issued, you have two months to do this. The purpose of this re-registration is to make sure you have sufficient means of income (you should make at least minimum wage, or about RUB10k per month) and to make sure you have not been outside of Russia for longer than 6 months during this year. You'll need the following documents (though this apparently depends on the UFMS office):
    • Application form;
    • Passport + notarized translation (also of current TRP) + copy of translation;
    • 2НДФЛ statements (income) + copies (I got the statements themselves back);
    • ИНН paper + copy;
    • A paper folder, saying "Дело №" on the front, available in office supply stores;
    • A passport photograph (color or black-and-white, doesn't matter).

You will also need to fill out some card, which I was supposed to have received when I got my TRP. I didn't, so they gave me one to fill out on the spot. After the re-registration, you get the tear-off part of the application form and have to get it stamped and signed by the head of the office. You will need this part for your PRP application.

The UFMS office may have set times for re-registration, first time I was out of luck, but the second time went surprisingly well. No line, kind lady, and in total about half an hour spent.

Btw., when you have been issued your PRP, you will still need to go through this procedure, but now after a year after having issued your PRP, so TRP doesn't matter anymore.

HANDING IN DOCUMENTS FOR PRP
    When applying for your PRP, you'll need:
    • Application form, filled out twice;
    • Statement from Sberbank that you paid RUB2,000 to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in), saying Платеж по сроку: 2000, Итого к оплате: 2000). The receipt suffices, you don't need the payment form itself;
    • Passport + notarized translation (also of current TRP);
    • 4 passport photographs, black-and-white, 35x45 mm, white background, on matte paper, in one piece (don't cut out the pictures!);
    • The slip you get from UFMS after re-registration;
    • Document stating sufficient means of income, e.g. 2НДФЛ form stating your income over the past and current year;
    • A health statement ("Медицинское заключение о состоянии здоровья иностранного гражданина"), see above;
    • Marriage certificate + apostille (unless married in Russia) + notarized translation;
    • Passport of spouse + copy;
    • Work permit + copy;
    • Financial and personal account statement;
    • Excerpt from household register;
    • Flat documents (ownership statement + copy, purchase documents + copy);
    • Agreement document stating all those registered at this flat agree to you living there;
    • 2 post cards, 2 (matching) envelopes;
    • A folder with files in which you present all the required documents. Include the pen with which you filled out the forms. The folder should say something like "Дело №" on the front in big letters. You can get these at office supply stores.

These documents should not be older than 3 months, while the flat documents (excerpts, statements etc.) should not be older than 1 month.

Concerning the application form, pretend you have to show it to the queen. Don't write in the margins or correct words, and write as legibly and clearly as possible. The two forms should be exact copies of each other. If things really don't fit, add an attachment saying e.g. "Приложение к пункту 12.". Don't sign your forms beforehand, you have to sign them on the spot with the officer from UFMS, using the pen with which you filled out the forms.

It also helps to be very verbose. E.g., when filling out your name, you should add "фамилию, имя не менял, отчества не имею" if that is the case. Also, your passport data should be filled out something like this: "Паспорт AK538H5 от 14.07.2010, действителен до 14.07.2015, выдан посольством Нидерландов в Москве." Be sure to copy these data from your passport translation.

This even extends to the point of adding useless information. I didn't start working straightaway after I got my TRP, so I needed to add "не работаю" over this period to the table, with my registration address.

You could of course also fill out the forms on the computer and print them out. Best to make the text stick out a bit by making it cursive or bold.

Blanks and examples can be downloaded from Gos Uslugi.

After you have handed in all your documents, you'll receive a statement (справка) saying you did so.

And then the waiting begins. Officially, your PRP has to be done within 6 months. It's usually 5, but if you've got connections, you can make it apparently somewhat less.

UFMS may call you for some small matters. In my case, I had to get my tax clearance statement myself, just like last year.

PICKING UP YOUR PRP
    When your PRP is done, it will be "announced" on a small paper hanging somewhere on the wall at UFMS. You used to have to pick it up at Kirpichnaya ulitsa (ул. Кирпичная), but since September 2011, this is no longer the case. You now have to pick it up at the same UFMS as where you handed in your application. (I was of course not contacted by UFMS about my PRP being done.)

At least at the UFMS in ЮАО, there was a separate line for obtaining your PRP (room 101), apart from the masses at the usual place (room 100). Their opening times are:
    • Room 100: Monday 10:00-18:00, Tuesday 10:00-20:00, Thursday 10:00-20:00, Friday 09:00-16:45. Lunch break 14:00-14:45;
    • Room 101: Monday 10:00-14:00, Thursday 15:00-20:00.

Already shortly after they opened they gathered the passports of the three people who came there to pick up their PRP. A few minutes later we were called in. My TRP and registration were annulled, and I was told to get re-registered within 7 days.

I got the PRP booklet (16 pages, passport format, dark blue cover), a "PRP issued" stamp in my passport, a letter (for registering) and that was that In total it took about half an hour. Do take into account that a PRP is valid for a maximum of 5 years, but no longer than your passport! E.g., mine is only valid for a year and a half, but by that time I hope to have acquired citizenship already.

Also, having a PRP you do not need an exit visa or work permit anymore.

RE-REGISTRATION, AGAIN
    Before you handed in your PRP application, you had to re-register because of your TRP. Now you have to re-register again, but this time because of your PRP On the upside, your registration will be permanent instead of temporary.

At the passport office you'll have to hand in the following documents:
    • Request to get registered, in my case from my wife, written on blank A4;
    • Accounting card (форма учётной карточки, to be requested there);
    • Copy of the letter you got from UFMS;
    • Copy of a notarized translation of your marriage certificate (if applicable);
    • Copy of the ownership statement of the place you want to register (e.g. flat);
    • Copy of the financial statement of the flat (done by the owner, called Единй жилищный документ, to be requested at ДЕЗ);
    • One passport photograph (color).

You also have to show all the originals when you hand in the copies, as well as the passports of your wife (if applicable) and the owner of the flat. You don't need copies of those, though.

I did not need to go to UFMS to get anything signed, nor did I have to pay any fee at Sberbank for getting me registered. I only needed to go to ДЕЗ, but that was in the same building

I handed in all the documents on Tuesday, including the PRP booklet itself, and was told to call on Thursday after 15:00. I was then told to come pick it up on Tuesday, after 15:00. (Do ask about their opening hours.)

When I got there, it was a matter of asking for it (same spot as where I handed it in, no line, btw.), saying my surname, and that was it. She reminded me once more I should re-register after a year, and off I was!

YEARLY ACTIONS
    The same as for TRP applies, so you should re-register and show proof of income from 12 to 14 months after your PRP was issued.

So there you have it, good luck!

I am worried about the new laws coming up. Where we permanent residents have to pass Russian language tests. This might be ok for some who have had the ned to learn Russian. But what about me, where I had to increase my understanding of teaching English, and didn't need Russian too much, as my profession was concentrated on teaching English. What amI supposd to do about that?

As I function very well in teaching English through English. Why on earth should I need Russian. Yes! Thank you you very much! I do get by in Russian buying from shops, going to restaurants, and instructing taxi drivers. But no I wont pass the test.

Is that fair that I have to leave my family becase I can not pass the Russian test? Not forgetting that I am the only income for my Russian family? Should I suffer and my Russian wife and children suffer over stupid rules?

Honestly Russian redtape is getting so pathetic. Yes I might have to leave Russia and my Russian family will starve! Thank you very much Russia. Yes I do permanent residency, but apparently permnent residancy does not mean as it says.

Honestly Bels,

I disagree. We'll see how hard they end up making the test but I honestly am appalled that western expats live over here for decades and can't even make friends with locals because their language skills are so poor. Just a couple months of serious study could change that.

You're from the UK, right? I mean imagine this situation: You're an Arab immigrant who has lived in the UK doing construction for 10 years. You've never really needed the language because you live in an Arab neighborhood and married another Arab who had citizenship.

No one in the UK would tolerate that for a second. Some expats, I'm not referring to you at all, live over here with a tourist or party mentality and make no effort to assimilate at all. America knew this would be really dangerous when all the foreigners first came flowing into the country and so they invented this concept called the melting pot. (Many cultures, one people) Whether it's true or not. I think America knew that its diversity would either 'make it or break it' and hence this is part of the doctrine Americans are taught in school in the USA.
    Last edited by rubyrussia; 08-02-2012 at 22:59. Reason: Added a ridiculous history lesson that no one will probably appreciate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rubyrussia For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (19-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    Yes and thanked. Having a PRP myself it s still continues to be a pain in the **** so to speak. as permanent in Russia doesn't mean permanent redidence by no means, as we we still have to register every year!
    That's why it's called "вид на жительство". Who said anything about it being permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    What amI supposd to do about that?
    Why don`t you just stop complaining and start learning Russian ?

Besides, you have the PRP already, so I don`t think that when the law changes, they will call you back to take a language test.
    Now Euler's my hero,
    For I see why zero
    Equals e^(i*pi)+1

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SV1973a For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (19-03-2018)

PRP is what it's called on the forum. Renaming it we could do if you want. What do you propose? OMG I think I'm starting to sound like Medvedev (Militsiya to Politsiya)
    Last edited by rubyrussia; 08-02-2012 at 23:34. Reason: FUN

Quote Originally Posted by rubyrussia View Post
    PRP is what it's called on the forum. Renaming it we could do if you want. What do you propose? OMG I think I'm starting to sound like Medvedev (Militsiya to Politsiya)
    I don't mind what it's called. Why not "donkey's bollocks"? That would make the discussions more comical.

It seems to me that people who don't speak Russian are confused about what their ВНЖ entitles them to.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    I don't mind what it's called. Why not "donkey's bollocks"? That would make the discussions more comical.

It seems to me that people who don't speak Russian are confused about what their ВНЖ entitles them to.
    Yes, you're definitely right about both of those points!

Quote Originally Posted by rubyrussia View Post
    Yes, you're definitely right about both of those points!
    I also vote for `donkeys bollocks`

But I agree that it sucks that the vid na zhitelstvo is not valid for life and that you need to go through recurring difficulties to prolong it.
    Now Euler's my hero,
    For I see why zero
    Equals e^(i*pi)+1

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast