littleangels        English Nanny
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Comparison of EMS/TNT/UPS fast mail

Quote Originally Posted by JanC View Post
    For a one-off success story: for the first time ever I ordered something into Russia last week. Car part from Riga, Latvia via EMS. Was shipped Friday noon and was handed to me in Moscow Monday morning. As it was marked below 200 no paperwork of any kind was required. Got an SMS 2 hours before the courier showed up, and he was a very nice bloke to boot.
    Yeah I've had good success with EMS. First they can come to your door to pick up which is great, second they would tell me one week for a shipment to american but often it would get there in 3 business days.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    The service gets even better....

Russian Post has begun delivering large packages directly to people's doorsteps, according to a press release issued by the state-owned national postal service on Wednesday.

The new policy is likely to be a welcome change for Russians, who under normal procedures must visit a post office and wait in line sometimes for hours to receive packages.

But while the new service brings the often-derided mail carrier more into line with its international peers, it won't quite be a matter of waiting for the postman to call at your door.

Delivery service, which is only valid for packages of up to 2 kilograms, costs 100 rubles ($1.50) and must be arranged by calling the local post office. If the recipient is not home at the time of delivery they will have to then go back the post office to receive their package, bringing the likely now irritable customer back to square one.

Russian Post plans to improve the system, however, by allowing customers to arrange deliveries by text or mobile application, as well as eventually cancel the 2-kilogram weight limit.

Russian Post was ranked among the world's worst in a 2012 study of 157 postal carriers, with delays in delivering mail of up to six months.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busine...ry/514725.html

it is not ALWAYS the postal office to blame alone

The new policy is likely to be a welcome change for Russians, who under normal procedures must visit a post office and wait in line sometimes for hours to receive packages.

a big part of the blame goes to customs, we ALL know the horror stories and have seen the pictures, about their backlog in their warehouse/customs office.

waiting for hours in line? never happened to me in 25 years being here.... but what DOES happen, people (special foreigners...) forget to bring their passport, don't fill in the delivery form correctly and other things that i have seen or heard of.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

comparison of the post services

From my experience it is difficult to say which one is the best. You need to comapre them each time you need to send something. I like DHL. Helena

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345