littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Comparison of EMS/TNT/UPS fast mail

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Comparison of EMS/TNT/UPS fast mail

Comrades (Ladies and Gentlemen ),

I'd like to share my experience with current fast mail services available in RF, for incoming parcels.

This summer my colleagues from Taiwanese HQ have sent me a parcel with 3 product samples by UPS (by my own recommendation), it has arrived in 1 week to my door, no customs fees, cost for them was around 10K Taiwanese dollars (~350 USD).

Later on they've sent me another parcel via DPEX from them and then transfered with TNT to RF territory, and it has turned into HUGE @$$ache, as local Russian TNT office has shown full impotence to pull the goods via customs. First of all they required to sign contract with them (min. 5600 rub for clearance services ), send them photocopy of my passport (thanks God, not my credit card), 3 additional claims for local customs, and wait for several days. In 3 or 4 days they've discovered that they're able to do nothing, and asked for one more claim with my refuse to customs. Whole process took around one month (delivery to RF, TNT pulling rubber and return back to TW), dunno about cost.

This parcel was returned to Taiwan, and then, by advice of RF partners, I've recommended them to send it back to RF again with EMS (fast mail of Russian Post). They've did it, it took 11 days with 2K Taiwanese dollars (~70 USD) and delivery was to my local post office, not to the door.

This info will hang here for some time, then I'll move it to Basics or Frugal expat sections.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

pxs109 (26-12-2020)