Brookes School        British Lyceum in Moscow

View Poll Results: So, are you coming on 11.11.11?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want to go crazy for a good cause.

28 90.32%
  • No, can't be bothered.

3 9.68%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11-11-11 Expat Party & Fundraiser: update!!!

11-11-11 Expat Party & Fundraiser: update!!!

New thread, new details!

Yes, we're on for 11.11.11, the magical date! And while there has been some silence about it all, work has been going on behind the screens. Here's an update on what is going to happen, and I've included a poll to get a feel for how many people are going to go crazy with us for a good cause!

When:
    11.11.11 from 7 PM until we finish, which could be late.

Where:
    Booze Bub, Потаповский пер. д.5 (Potapovskiy per, 5), metro Chistye Prudye.

For whom:
    Orphanage 59: this is one of many orphanages in need of help. On November 4th, Russia Today will show a report about this orphanage, done on our request.
    To Russia With Love: http://www.torussiawithlove.ie/iopen24/ This charity of Irish origin has literally rebuilt orphanages in Russia.
    Podari Zhizn (Grant Life): this charity supports the medical treatment of children with cancer abroad. A true life saver!

Cover fee:
    444,44 rubles. We don't have a cash register, so we won't have change.

What do YOU get?
    With the cover fee comes a ticket for the raffle with some amazing prizes. There's an awesome range of very nice goodies to raffle. This is well in progress, so you won't be disappointed.

Expat.ru will provide the bites (UPDATE: MSD45 will provide bites and Expat.ru will donate all money planned on food directly to charity) and there will be discounts on drinks and some free rounds of drinks.

Our special programme El Ffar Serad is in place for optimal entertainment. The first one who guesses what/who El Ffar Serad is, will have a special surprise!

There will be a book market with English and French books that you can pick up for low, low prices, starting at 50 rubles. Some collector items and unique editions there. Both literature and art books.

So what goes to the charities?
    We like to keep things simple, so 100% of the door fees, book market or any other sales, the El Ffar Serad programme and any other initiative you might think up, goes to the charities. In other words: 100% of the proceeds go to charity.

In order to make sure that this process is monitored well, Ernst & Young has kindly offered their expertise and manpower.

Do we need any help?
    Yes! It looks like we have enough volunteers to help on the evening itself, but we still need more sponsors for:
    - raffle prizes
    - the bar tab
    - ...of course all donations to the charities are welcome!

In addition, any idea from you to spice up the evening even more, is very welcome!

Please use the poll to indicate if you want to join this event, or use the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200631100008253
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I and my friends will be there!!!!!
    for the kids!!!

so will I and my friend!

kids are our everything!!!!!!!!! Truely!

I'll be there with some friends too!

In fact, I suggest that each of us shares this Event in FaceBook. I've sent messages to nearly all my FB friends in Moscow with the link!
    Mud is an American and an Experienced, Native English Speaking Teacher
    Send Mud a Private Message (PM) to learn more

As, ezik mentioned, we do have some volunteers to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    Do we need any help?
    Yes! It looks like we have enough volunteers to help on the evening itself,,,,,
    I contacted each of you who indicated that they want to be "in" as in "involved". If anybody else would like to help,,,, please come on and join in our merry troop of volunteers!

Volunteer Meeting:
    Anybody who wants to volunteer to help in any way, please come join us. We will discuss the night's program and decide which person or people will do what.

WHERE: Booze Bub
    DATE: Sunday, October 30
    TIME:1:00 pm - 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm

Please send me a PM (Private Message) if you can partipcate in this meeting. Please PM me if you want to volunteer but cannot come to the meeting on Sunday.

Raffle prizes, Sponsors

We're still looking for people and companies to donate raffle prizes. We have some nice things already, but could really use some more! If you can, please ask your company, friends at companies, etc.

Also, if your company wants to donate a considerable amount to the charities, this is of course welcomed!

Finally, if you or your company want to sponsor the party itself - yes, please!

In ALL cases, sponsoring companies will be mentioned and of course we don't mind any visibility on the event itself and will help with that!
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I'll do a follow up with a few companies I talked too, this week.

Raffle goodies!!!

One of the most wanted objects to win will be Moscowmail's electric guitar with hard travelling case, brand new and a nice Gibson design, it is a Carparelli Guitar made in Canada, worth at least $1000. We'll probably set up a separate competition for this, as it is a gem to win! Thanks, Moscowmail!

Связной/Svyaznoy, the electronics shop, is already donating a phone-size video camera, a really cool device. We'll raffle it, along with other Связной goodies.

Also: a Sony Ericsson phone, an MTS bundle, Bacardi bottles, thanks to Drtnsnw and his contacts.

More raffle goodies will be donated.

Also, there are rumours of a vast amount of beer being donated... We'll announce on the party by whom it is...!

I'm gonna sell out an enormous English and French language book collection. Prices will start from about 50 rubles.

We'll have bites ready for you!

Still, this is a community event and we depend on all of you to make it better. Ask your bosses to donate something to either the charities or the raffle (or the bar tab).

We will have a TV crew from Russia Today over on 11.11.11. They are going to present their live program on Prime Time from Booze Bub. Yes, especially for this party, they have decided to, for once, do it at Booze Bub instead of Beverly Hills diner.

There will be three presentations of our targeted charities. Each will have their own representative and you will be able to talk to them and ask questions about what they do. I've met some of the people of these charities and although I'm not new to charity, I've been amazed by some stories.

There's a team of enthusiastic volunteers working on the event, members like you, so let's make this an unforgettable evening! Spread the word, spread the love!!!

Russia Today featured orphanage 59 last Friday on Prime Time:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/primetimeru?feature=chclk#p/u/5/LR-M6dj-EJE"]primetimeru's Channel - YouTube[/ame]

See also: http://rt.com/programs/prime-time-ru...vember-4-2011/

Quote Originally Posted by drtnsnw View Post
    Nice footage of Mud, kassandra, and mrzuzzo!
    ... and our own Flowerbagi made her 2-second appearance (see her smiling face appear just before mrzuzzo's wise comments)!

Awesome work guys, you really do make a difference
    Life is what you make it, we can ALL find negatives in everything, me, I prefer to see the positive, but hey, that's just me..

Food! New! Sponsor!

So, Expat.ru was going to provide the food, but out of the blue-est blue, MSD45 has offered to pay the bill for food!

That's really a great offer. Pity that MSD45 won't be able to make it to the party himself.

The amount that Expat.ru was planning to spend on the food will go directly, linea recta, into the donation boxes in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    So, Expat.ru was going to provide the food, but out of the blue-est blue, MSD45 has offered to pay the bill for food!

That's really a great offer. Pity that MSD45 won't be able to make it to the party himself.

The amount that Expat.ru was planning to spend on the food will go directly, linea recta, into the donation boxes in cash.
    BIG THANKS TO mds45!!! We'll enjoy the food and the children wil now get a nice big donation from the site due to your generosity!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    BIG THANKS TO mds45!!! We'll enjoy the food and the children wil now get a nice big donation from the site due to your generosity!
    5 happy meals !!!! that was it right?

Quote Originally Posted by mds45 View Post
    5 happy meals !!!! that was it right?
    mds45! You are a rockrstar!!!!
    Last edited by kassandra; 08-11-2011 at 13:44.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast