littleangels        English Nanny
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: CROUCH - picked on by FIFA

  1. #1
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,631
    Thanked: 3605

    CROUCH - picked on by FIFA

    Found this on a Liverpool forum,not right if you ask me.
    This gives defenders a head start before a ball is even kicked.


    ''Former referee Graham Poll has revealed that Fifa instructed its referees to punish Peter Crouch for fouling.

    Poll claimed that before the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany, Fifa refereeing chiefs singled out the 6ft 7in England striker and told officials to crack down on him.

    Crouch will miss Saturday's vital Euro 2008 qualifier against Israel through suspension after picking up two cautions in just five international matches this season.

    In contrast, the forward received only two yellow cards in 29 appearances for Liverpool last term and Poll may have finally provided an explanation why.

    Marked man

    "At the World Cup last year, we were shown videos of England games,"

    "The head of refereeing at Fifa said, 'Look at this big fella Crouch. He's a real pain and getting away with too much. We need to mark him as a player we need to look out for'.

    "We watched England's warm-up games and it was pointed out the way he used his arms. I tried to defend him, being English."

    Crouch was subsequently booked against Paraguay and consistently cited for fouling during the tournament.

    Warning

    Former Premier League official Poll also admitted that the guidelines given to referees by their bosses can influence their decisions as he issued a warning to players.

    Speaking on Radio Five Live Poll added: "You have to ask yourself as a ref if you are looking out for him all the time or only when he has done something that draws your attention.

    "To prepare is fine but to prejudge is not. And, lo and behold, Crouch did get booked in Germany.

    "He has been picking up cautions since and is out of Saturday's match.

    "Players need to be aware that referees individually, or as a referee's team, can be tactical as well."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Judge,

    Graham Poll is a complete t*sser but when Crouch scored against that powerhouse of World football - Trinidad and Tobago - in the last World Cup he did pull the defender back by the dreadlocks, so the defender had no chance of getting to the ball. The referee missed it but the TV replays showed clearly that the defender had been fouled.

    The fact is that the English game is more physical and players - be they defenders or attackers - often get away with challenges they wouldn't do in Europe or playing in internationals.

  3. #3
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,631
    Thanked: 3605
    True about Poll,maybe just making a name for himself now.

    Here's the Crouch hair pull goal.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JURU3iFmRxs"]YouTube- (England vs. Trinidad & Tobago) Crouch 1:0 - foul?[/ame]

    If Crouch is singled out with FIFA the same will be for in Europe.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Judge,

    Considering Crouch's goal against Trinidad and Tobago was not ruled out, it seems to me that the match officials were not signaling Crouch out for particular attention. It was probably just as well though that they were not using video replays as well.

    I think that you're getting another attack of the paranoias and there is no conspiracy against Peter Crouch / Liverpool FC or England.

  5. #5
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,631
    Thanked: 3605
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ganley Stance View Post
    Judge,

    Considering Crouch's goal against Trinidad and Tobago was not ruled out, it seems to me that the match officials were not signaling Crouch out for particular attention. It was probably just as well though that they were not using video replays as well.

    I think that you're getting another attack of the paranoias and there is no conspiracy against Peter Crouch / Liverpool FC or England.
    The ref didn't see it ,that's why the goal was allowed.
    It's against Crouch, nothing to do with Liverpool or England,against tall people.
    Poll said it was at FIFA meetings before the finals,Crouch was to be looked at....
    Was you at this meeting???
    Other players should get a mention,not just Crouch,would be interesting if Poll spills the beans ..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    The ref didn't see it ,that's why the goal was allowed.
    It's against Crouch, nothing to do with Liverpool or England,against tall people.
    Poll said it was at FIFA meetings before the finals,Crouch was to be looked at....
    Was you at this meeting???
    Other players should get a mention,not just Crouch,would be interesting if Poll spills the beans ..
    And the next time a decision goes against Peter Crouch when he is playing for either Liverpool or England, it will be part of a conspiracy against Crouch / Liverpool / England etc.

    Judge, with you it's all one-big conspiracy. Last week it was Michel Platini. This week it's FIFA. A couple of weeks before it was the fixture list.

    Graham Poll is trying to flog copies of his autobiography at the moment and is going to come out with rubbish which no-one can prove to be right or wrong.

  7. #7
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,631
    Thanked: 3605
    Len my good man,it's all bloody well TRUE.

    Last week i was on about Platini,Platini said the same as me,more tickets for fans at the final and only grounds that can hold 75,000 fans. After what happened at last years final,Platini changed his mind.First he knocks Liverpool then he does what we have been saying for ages.

    Poll was at the FIFA meetings so i would say what he says is the truth.

    At the end of the season we will check out the fixtures,early kick offs.

    Many people hate Liverpool and can't stand seeing them back where they belong.

    It's got nothing to do with a conspiracy.Why can't people just acknowlage the truth,why knock Liverpool, noone was knocking us a few years ago,since we are back ,it's coming from all sides......I wont even tell you about the bullshit the Real Mardrid coach said about Liverpool today, you will just agree with him...


    And if Poll came out with something about Rooney,you would be up in arms.
    Last edited by Judge; 05-09-2007 at 18:14.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Many people hate Liverpool and can't stand seeing them back where they belong.

    It's got nothing to do with a conspiracy.Why can't people just acknowlage the truth,why knock Liverpool, noone was knocking us a few years ago,since we are back ,it's coming from all sides......I wont even tell you about the bullshit the Real Mardrid coach said about Liverpool today, you will just agree with him...
    ^^^^^^^^

    There you go again. You're totally paranoid.

  9. #9
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,631
    Thanked: 3605
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ganley Stance View Post
    ^^^^^^^^

    There you go again. You're totally paranoid.
    Wait till we get more into the season, i'll be cracking up, straitjacket job then off to the funny farm..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Wait till we get more into the season, i'll be cracking up, straitjacket job then off to the funny farm..
    Don't worry mate. We thought this might be the case and we have some of our top men on standby waiting to assist you......................
    Last edited by Len Ganley Stance; 17-12-2007 at 11:10.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •