littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Getting back into Russia after marriage outside

Getting back into Russia after marriage outside

Hi All, this is tacked onto another thread but wanted this more visable.
    I have been in and out of Russia on biz visas now for 2 yrs and in that time I have met a great lady and we intend to marry. My problem is my name has been blacklisted by a I believe a disgruntled business man who has influence. At present my invitation will not be sent to the consulate in Toronto because of this.
    My question is this when I get married outside to my Russian bride to be how can I get back into the country to register my application for TRP at the local OVIR office? Do I have to have a tourist visa as if so at present they will not issue one. Is there anywhere I should be contacting to facilitate this process in Russia is there a dept or person I should email.
    Has anyone had a similar experience, any help here would be greatfully appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nick

If you really are on some kind of blacklist your TRP will also be rejected because the application is processed by the same government department (FMS) which processes visa invitations. OVIR has nothing to do with TRPs, only with registration, which happens after a TRP has been applied for, approved and stamped in your passport by FMS.

Marriage gives you no special right to enter Russia. You will still need to have someone request a visa invitation from FMS and then apply for a visa.

Based on the other thread, I guess they may be denying you a business visa invitation because you already have a work visa invitation covering a similar time period.

Why don't you contact a competent visa agency (eg. Liga Consulting) and explain the situation? Maybe they can find out what the problem is.

A few more questions: did you have only 90-day business visas, or 1-year ones? How did you do registration each time?

If you were staying for more than 90 days at a time or more than 180 days in total on a 1 year business visa, you've overstayed your visa and will have to pay a fine, or may have already been banned for 5 years. From what I've heard, the 5-year ban is only applied for repeat offenders. If you have stayed in Russia for 2 years and only have 2 business visas, that could be enough.

Hi Thanks,
    That is sort of what I had figured. I did have a 1yr biz visa in my Canadian passport and when the 90 day out period was in got a visa in my UK passport and was granted this and re entered ok no probs. I exited again and got a 90 day biz visa in my Uk passport again and re entereded and the last time in July they refused to issue an invitation. It may well be to do with this as I should have been out but was in on another visa issued in another passport, but do not really know. If this is the case why did they issue 2 more visas? no one will know I guess.
    I had in the past registered in another regoin than the invitation and paid a fine for this. The OVIR guy said this was the proceedure. If there are places I can talk to then I will but figured I would need some sort of visa to enter to apply for the TRP. Thanks this far

I have had 6 different biz visas and always exited the day before it runs out the stamps are in my passport. I had heard I had a 5 yr ban but you are saying this might be for repeat offenders, I have not been late once period. I will contact Liga consulting and see what they say or can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Candia View Post
    I have had 6 different biz visas and always exited the day before it runs out the stamps are in my passport. I had heard I had a 5 yr ban but you are saying this might be for repeat offenders, I have not been late once period. I will contact Liga consulting and see what they say or can find out.
    After you get married and have your wife apply a private visa for you since this will be done by FMS. I see no reason why they would refuse this. Be sure that both of your visas are expired or cancelled before doing this. They have a system to track anyone using multiple passports and they don't allow two visas. That's probably why you got refused by doing this.

Now you got another problem... 90/180 days rules. I see three options... 1) apply for private visa every 90 days. 2) go to FMS to extend your visa since you're married to Russian citizen. 3) If your are both still outside of Russia. Both of you go to the Russian consulate and your wife can apply a 'spouse' or private visa for you. Be sure to take your marriage license with you just in case. This is recent news so I don't know much about this.

While you do the above... apply for TRP immediately since you're not subjected to the quota system.
    Last edited by Remington; 29-08-2011 at 13:17. Reason: Added 3rd option