littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Platini blasts English Clubs.

  1. #1
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,619
    Thanked: 3600

    Platini blasts English Clubs.

    Great player in his day,but a compete tw*t with his views against English football.He can't stand the fact that the English teams dominate in europe.


    ''Michael Platini has launched a surprising attack on the foreign ownership of English football clubs.



    Platini, the president of Uefa, has revealed his dislike for the increasing foreign investment in the Premier League.


    Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Aston Villa are among a number of top flight clubs who have been taken over by owners from abroad and Platini insists that something must be done.


    "I can't understand how so many English clubs are owned by foreign people," Platini told Sky Sports News.



    Identity


    "I think we can do something. I don't know why Americans come to buy some clubs. You need your identity.


    "I can't understand why some English clubs are owned by Americans because they do not come for the beauty of the game, for the romance of the football in England.


    "They come because they want to make money. We need to defend that.


    "If you have Manchester against Liverpool it is part of the population of the cities.


    "But now if you have an owner from America against an owner from Russia, I don't like it."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Great player in his day,but a compete tw*t with his views against English football.He can't stand the fact that the English teams dominate in europe.
    Judge,

    You really are a muppet sometimes.

    It is true to say that English clubs had a purple patch winning in the late seventies / early eighties in the European Cup, when Liverpool won the trophy on four occasions / Nottm Forest won it twice and Aston Villa won it once.

    That run came to an end when Liverpool were beaten by Juventus in 1985 at Heysel (this is not going to degenerate into a anti-Liverpool / Heysel Stadium rant, by the way, so bear with me).

    Since then English clubs have reached the Final on a grand total of 3 occasions. Once when Manchester United won it and the two occasions when Liverpool won one final and lost the other.

    How the f*ck do you maintain that English clubs dominate Europe?

    I see absolutely nothing wrong with Platini's comments on club ownership and I would reckon that before your new American owners took over at Anfield you would probably have agreed with Platini. It wasn't so long ago that Liverpool supporters were calling a certain club, down the East Lancs Road - Man USA.

    Rant Over!!

    Now go stand in the corner and put your dunces hat on because you
    a) clearly have no idea of what you are talking about
    b) have an awfully short memory

    or
    c) want to bump your post count up to be on the safe side.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    166
    Thanked: 0
    Platini for me fit's the bill of a long line of UEFA/FIFA official who talk some absolute bollocks!

    Len is right, 4 finals and 2 success hardly hark back to the Glorious past, but i for one think that this is because, the style of play from English clubs until the past few years has been so naive when it has come to playing european football! Man Ure 1999 the exception, english clubs have done nothing, Until about 2003 when we have started to make the semi's and finals nearly every season!

    Now on the club ownership debate, i for one dont care where the owner of my club comes from, except london or manchester! As long as i trust them, the Yanks have come and have done and said all the right things and I see no reason for the fact that their american to hinder LFC! Infact some of the comments made by both men show they are both good businessmen and sport fans, as does their other sporting ventures!

    Never do i think that it will come down to a USA V Russia argument not unless some useless T**T in the Mirror or the scum wants it too anyway

  4. #4
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,619
    Thanked: 3600
    I wasn't that happy about Liverpool being sold to the yanks but that's life, nothing you can do about it.If the new owners put money on the table for Rafa to spend then so be it.Look where it got UTD fans who protested about yanks buying their club, they could do nothing about it.

    I'm on about the last few years,english clubs have reached 3 finals ,ok not winning them all,also getting to the semi's more times than other european countries. Platini doesn't like this and takes swipes at english football.
    Since Platini took over uefa he's never said a good word about english clubs,he knows that english clubs with all this new money will dominate europe,he's opeing his big mouth for no reason.
    A few months ago,uefa said,''Liverpool have the worse fans in europe'' they went on their hands and knees to say sorry about this.

    Platini should talk about other things,like ,why was Athens picked last year and what could be done to solve the problem,italian ultras who get away with fighting and corruption in the game.These are more pressing matters but platini wont say a bad word against his beloved italian league.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by kste22 View Post
    Platini for me fit's the bill of a long line of UEFA/FIFA official who talk some absolute bollocks!

    Len is right, 4 finals and 2 success hardly hark back to the Glorious past, but i for one think that this is because, the style of play from English clubs until the past few years has been so naive when it has come to playing european football! Man Ure 1999 the exception, english clubs have done nothing, Until about 2003 when we have started to make the semi's and finals nearly every season!

    Now on the club ownership debate, i for one dont care where the owner of my club comes from, except london or manchester! As long as i trust them, the Yanks have come and have done and said all the right things and I see no reason for the fact that their american to hinder LFC! Infact some of the comments made by both men show they are both good businessmen and sport fans, as does their other sporting ventures!

    Never do i think that it will come down to a USA V Russia argument not unless some useless T**T in the Mirror or the scum wants it too anyway
    Kste22,

    It's only 3 Finals but I guess that was a typo.

    I go along with your point about foreign ownership of clubs but only to a certain point. I would prefer if the Glaziers hadn't bought United, but in fairness they - like the Liverpool owners - have done what they said they would do.

    What does get me though is the rants and the resentment we get on here about Chelsea being owned by Abramovich. All that Chavski sh*t for example. It's seems to be a case of people wanting their cake and eating it.

    That's not a pop at you by the way, but you probably get my drift.

  6. #6
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,619
    Thanked: 3600
    3 finals Len,but how many english teams in the semi's? an all english final is on the cards soon.The simple fact is that Platini doesn't like english football.

    Platini will be talking about changes soon to the CL,3 teams for the top countries.

  7. #7
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,619
    Thanked: 3600
    Len ,i dont know why you are defending platini's comments.
    Spianish clubs had their time in europe just like Italian clubs.I know Milan won it last season but that was just one team from Italy,when a country dominates in europe they have about 2/3 teams in the semi's,now it's OUR time to dominate.You should be happy,last time i checked UTD were an english club.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I wasn't that happy about Liverpool being sold to the yanks but that's life, nothing you can do about it.If the new owners put money on the table for Rafa to spend then so be it.Look where it got UTD fans who protested about yanks buying their club, they could do nothing about it.

    I'm on about the last few years,english clubs have reached 3 finals ,ok not winning them all,also getting to the semi's more times than other european countries. Platini doesn't like this and takes swipes at english football.
    Since Platini took over uefa he's never said a good word about english clubs,he knows that english clubs with all this new money will dominate europe,he's opeing his big mouth for no reason.
    A few months ago,uefa said,''Liverpool have the worse fans in europe'' they went on their hands and knees to say sorry about this.

    Platini should talk about other things,like ,why was Athens picked last year and what could be done to solve the problem,italian ultras who get away with fighting and corruption in the game.These are more pressing matters but platini wont say a bad word against his beloved italian league.
    Absolute rubbish post.

    So getting into a semi final is considered as dominating Europe. Give me a f*cking break.

    Athens was picked last season for the Final because hosting the Final is rotated amongst the UEFA members but only those who have the facilities to hold the Final.

    Take the 2003 Final between AC Milan and Juventus. Where was that held? Manchester. Seems a bit impractical considering that two Italian clubs contested the Final, doesn't it?

    Regarding corruption in the Italian League, I think that you'll find that Domestic matters are handled by the Association of the country in question and not by UEFA. The Italians handle things in the same way as the FA do - in other words they sweep things under the carpet.

    Don't tempt me to get into an anti-Liverpool rant about your supporters behaviour in Athens last year, it was well documented.

    I think Judge what you should occasionally do is the following

    1) Engage brain
    2) Start typing

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    166
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ganley Stance View Post
    Kste22,

    It's only 3 Finals but I guess that was a typo.

    I go along with your point about foreign ownership of clubs but only to a certain point. I would prefer if the Glaziers hadn't bought United, but in fairness they - like the Liverpool owners - have done what they said they would do.

    What does get me though is the rants and the resentment we get on here about Chelsea being owned by Abramovich. All that Chavski sh*t for example. It's seems to be a case of people wanting their cake and eating it.

    That's not a pop at you by the way, but you probably get my drift.

    I was including 1999 in my finals, although expect that was some years ago! Abramovich is different to both glazers and G&H, ok we have only been in ownership from a few months and have spent good but not huge money considering re-coup and average outlay in the prem is about 15-20 million now! But Abromovich since being at Chavski has spent far in excess of those amounts and even bought players or even over inflated the price so other clubs dont have them!! That why i go one about Chavski!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    166
    Thanked: 0
    [QUOTE=Len Ganley Stance;281883]Absolute rubbish post.

    Athens was picked last season for the Final because hosting the Final is rotated amongst the UEFA members but only those who have the facilities to hold the Final.


    Don't tempt me to get into an anti-Liverpool rant about your supporters behaviour in Athens last year, it was well documented.

    Hang on a minute, UEFA members who have the facilities!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in Athens WHAT facilities it was a shit hole poorly organised and with a bunch of heavy handed thugs used as crowd control!

    Now secondly well documented@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    There was some snatching of tickets and people bunking into the stadium yes, but everyteam has a bunch of mindless idiots who go to games LFC no different!!!

    What are these so called well documented actions which were so grevious in comparison to UEFA who ****ed the whole thing up completely
    AGAIN

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Len ,i dont know why you are defending platini's comments.
    Spianish clubs had their time in europe just like Italian clubs.I know Milan won it last season but that was just one team from Italy,when a country dominates in europe they have about 2/3 teams in the semi's,now it's OUR time to dominate.You should be happy,last time i checked UTD were an english club.
    Judge,

    What has Platini said that shows he is against English clubs?

    What he is going to do which will doubtless terrify English clubs who usually finish outside the top two is to only allow the top three in the Premiership into the Champions League and the fourth spot will go to the FA Cup Winners. It will be a right old scrap to finish inside the top three and will make it better I think.

    The reason Platini wants to do this is because he believes that the FA Cup is the Best Domestic Cup Competition in the World and that it's integrity within the game should be protected.

    That hardly seems anti-English to me.

    By 2009 though, UEFA's plan is to reduce the numbers of teams from the bigger Federations in the Champions League. I think they should go the whole hog and return the competition to its roots and only have the Champions in it.

  12. #12
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,619
    Thanked: 3600
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ganley Stance View Post
    Absolute rubbish post.

    So getting into a semi final is considered as dominating Europe. Give me a f*cking break.

    Athens was picked last season for the Final because hosting the Final is rotated amongst the UEFA members but only those who have the facilities to hold the Final.

    Take the 2003 Final between AC Milan and Juventus. Where was that held? Manchester. Seems a bit impractical considering that two Italian clubs contested the Final, doesn't it?

    Regarding corruption in the Italian League, I think that you'll find that Domestic matters are handled by the Association of the country in question and not by UEFA. The Italians handle things in the same way as the FA do - in other words they sweep things under the carpet.

    Don't tempt me to get into an anti-Liverpool rant about your supporters behaviour in Athens last year, it was well documented.

    I think Judge what you should occasionally do is the following

    1) Engage brain
    2) Start typing
    Len at his best.

    Yes it is dominating,if a country gets 2/3 teams into the semi's and into the final, year in year out.The last 3 years english football has been on the ride in europe and platini is scared of this.A few years before that Spainish teams dominated and Italians,now it is english clubs.Platini is just scared and spouting crap.

    Athens was a joke,it wasn't even a football ground to start off with.Imagine if UTD got to the final with Liverpool(hard to imagine i know) ,all hell would have broken out.80,000 english fans trying to get into a game,f*ck these grounds that can't handle a real final,finals should be held at ground that can hold 70+,so be it if the final is only in Spain,England, France and Italy.

    Corruption in the Italian League,now that's a good one, maybe platini should speak about the owners of Juve and AC Milan.

    By the way, Mr Platini, wants the champs league final to be played on a saturday.
    Last edited by Judge; 30-08-2007 at 16:29.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Kste22,

    This is from Reuters. It was also carried by most of the newspapers. I have already said on this thread, I am not getting into an anti-Liverpool rant on this and I was only responding to Judge bringing up UEFA branding Liverpool fans the worst in Europe.

    Here's the article. I've highlighted the important bits for your perusal -

    Liverpool fans the worst in UEFA study
    Mon 04 Jun, 10:07 AM

    BERNE, Switzerland (Reuters) - English Premier League side Liverpool's supporters have been branded the most troublesome in Europe, according to a report compiled from international police statistics.

    UEFA said on Monday it would be handing the study to UK sports minister Richard Caborn during a meeting in Brussels on Tuesday.

    "There have been over 25 incidents involving Liverpool supporters since 2003, some of them small, some more worrisome," UEFA spokesman William Gaillard told Reuters.

    Gaillard insisted though that UEFA were not labelling Liverpool as Europe's worst club, since the statistic did not take into account the severity of the incidents.

    While European soccer has been rocked by fatal cases of hooliganism this season involving French and Italian fans, Gaillard said the problems with Liverpool often involved supporters trying to enter stadiums without tickets.

    "We cannot compare apples and oranges," Gaillard said.

    "The problems with Liverpool have not been big enough to earn the club any sanctions from UEFA which means we are probably talking about a few small groups causing trouble outside of the stadiums.

    "This is not about saying that Liverpool are the worst club. But we received this police report and thought it was a relevant time to pass on our concerns to the sports minister."

    You will have noted that UEFA did not label Liverpool's supporters as being the worst. The Police did., so as usual Judge is talking b*llocks.

  14. #14
    Judge's Avatar
    Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    19,619
    Thanked: 3600
    It was a uefa report.
    The report branded Liverpool supporters as the "worst behaved in Europe".Uefa handed this in and if they did then they believe it themselves,but UEFA then got attacked becuase of this.Liverpool have the most fans who follow them abroad,it's gonna be the case that a police report will show some problems,but the real problems in europe between fans are not from Liverpool fans,UEFA should know this,they watch football,don't they?
    Uefa will try anything to knock any club from England.
    Last edited by Judge; 30-08-2007 at 16:59.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Uefa will try anything to knock any club from England.
    No, they don't. They do appear to have a problem with an English club whose name begins with the letter 'L' though. That problem stemmed from a report compiled from Police Statistics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •