littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affordable fashion

Quote Originally Posted by xSnoofovich View Post
    muhahahahahahahaha.
    Yeah, I think I was the only white guy in the store, the other shoppers were all uzbeks or tajiks buying cheap clothes... Maybe other locations have a better selection but the one at 1905 street is horrible. It's good to buy shirts and clothes for dacha there but not more..

Quote Originally Posted by mrzuzzo View Post
    Yeah, I think I was the only white guy in the store, the other shoppers were all uzbeks or tajiks buying cheap clothes... Maybe other locations have a better selection but the one at 1905 street is horrible. It's good to buy shirts and clothes for dacha there but not more..
    That place is terrible.

A few years back, places like the one at 1905 made sense, since there were only a few options to purchase reasonably priced clothing, but now with the addition of the super malls like evropesky, it almost doesn't make sense to go to these "bargain" stores.

The "familia" store at Paveletskya is a touch better, but not much. It is a good place to buy basic office clothes, cheap shirts/ties, etc, if you don't care about labels. I don't think anyone can go wrong with black slacks and white/colored shirt. Maybe find a more expensive tie + mos def shoes somewhere else.
    ◀► ◢◤

Such shops as Ostin and OGGI (Man&Woman clothes) are also rather cheap. They are in most of big malls in Moscow (Kalyjskiy, Global City in Chertanovo, Vegas, Zolotoi vavilon in Yasenevo, etc).

I've been shopping quite a bit and I'm actually quite frustrated by the amount of hipster clothes everywhere! I can't even buy a normal baseball hat!

Went to Ostin and OGGI and scored some affordable clothes:-) and I went to another store, tried on a winter coat.... $2000. >:-|

since everyone is talking about clothes, i might as well ask too.... where can a guy find larger size shoes? found one place near Trubnaya, but wasnt thrilled with what the had or prices. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by swansong View Post
    since everyone is talking about clothes, i might as well ask too.... where can a guy find larger size shoes? found one place near Trubnaya, but wasnt thrilled with what the had or prices. thoughts?
    Perehod by pavelestkya train station, towards the back, almost at the end, and on the up ramp towards the city. Not only do they have large, they are cheap ! 200-300 rubles for brand new shoes.

Cheers !
    ◀► ◢◤

I've been shopping quite a bit and I'm actually quite frustrated by the amount of hipster clothes everywhere! I can't even buy a normal baseball hat!
    I had the same problem and could not find a baseball cap anywhere until I went the HD store on Friday and bought this one:
    If a lawyer and your mother-in-law were drowning, and you could only save one of them, would you go watch TV or just have a drink?

Adidas/Reebok, Nike, Puma all have shops. You can find some half decent ones there. Even NHL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by drtnsnw View Post
    And it looks damn spiffy on ya!
    Thanks brotha!
    If a lawyer and your mother-in-law were drowning, and you could only save one of them, would you go watch TV or just have a drink?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12