littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affordable fashion

Affordable fashion

Hi,

As I'm from the Caribbean, I own a grand total of 0 winter clothes, and this is a HUGE problem... because I'll be here through a few winters. I've gone to some shopping malls here, and have found out that a "cheap" shirt will run me at least $40 USD. Not to mention everything's too big (I'm very tall at about 5' feet...) or so trendy it'll look ridiculous in a short amount of time and thus not justifying the cost.

Are there any places where I can get affordable yet fashionable (not designer or anything, in fact I'd prefer more basic yet classic pieces I can mix and match with ease) clothing? I want to think I'm just going to more expensive areas but I'm losing hope.

If your are not so picky try stok, it's a warehouse of clothes. What is the nearest metro station do u live? So I can check where u could find one
    beauty fades,character endures forever

Here's their website. www.stock-center.ru. Get a card so you can have discounts whenever u buy,it's accumulative....I think they are 90%off now....there's a big stock branch near metro ulitsa 1905 goda

There's a branch on your line,gray line,u live in altufuevo, right?
    м.Савёловская, ул. Бутырская д.6,
    685-18-95; 685-15-49,
    С 9 до 22
    beauty fades,character endures forever

Two words (ok, three) : Konkovo Metro station.

Go there.

Quote Originally Posted by annasophia View Post
    Two words (ok, three) : Konkovo Metro station.

Go there.
    Please elaborate?

BTW, where can I get brand-name clothes at reasonable prices (like D&G, Prada, etc) that aren't knock-offs?

I heard that there is some store which sells last season's collections at very reasonable prices.. but I could not find it.

H&M is cheap, and all over the place!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyFirefly View Post
    Hi,

As I'm from the Caribbean, I own a grand total of 0 winter clothes, and this is a HUGE problem... because I'll be here through a few winters. I've gone to some shopping malls here, and have found out that a "cheap" shirt will run me at least $40 USD. Not to mention everything's too big (I'm very tall at about 5' feet...) or so trendy it'll look ridiculous in a short amount of time and thus not justifying the cost.

Are there any places where I can get affordable yet fashionable (not designer or anything, in fact I'd prefer more basic yet classic pieces I can mix and match with ease) clothing? I want to think I'm just going to more expensive areas but I'm losing hope.
    Hi, there!

I am not a fashion-crazed shopping person and go shopping when have no choice not to go, so probably am not the best one to advise on the subject... but am sharing 2 obvious ideas I had upon reading your post:

1. Discount Stockcenters: like Holding Center, etc. The link on a blog-type comparison of them with all addresses, etc... by someone who sounds like an expert in the non expensive quality shopping (the post is in Russian only unfortunately). http://www.minimum-price.ru/offers/w...ts/stockshops/

2. Have you tried the market place on Savelovskaya subway station? It a very vast shopping area contained in several buildings where you can actually find anything, including clothes... As to the quality - it can be either bad, medium or very good, even fashionable, but you'll have to look for the right shops amongst hundreds of others... So, perhaps you won't find what all you need in one go unless you're accompanied by someone who knows where exactly to go, preferably speaking Russian... Also I doubt there is a lot of winter clothes choice now, as it's summer... It's definitely worth trying, but a bit later (starting from mid September)...

Savelovskyi rynok is not the only one of the kind in Moscow, but is one of the biggest... Konkovo is same kind of place...

Quote Originally Posted by drtnsnw View Post
    Try Auchan or Metro Market
    You come off as a real fashionista, Awesome bartender

PS Happy birthday! No point in going to BB tonight I assume?
    Бешеной собачке семь верст - не крюк!

Quote Originally Posted by mrzuzzo View Post
    BTW, where can I get brand-name clothes at reasonable prices (like D&G, Prada, etc) that aren't knock-offs?
    Internet shops is the best option for you, IMHO.. Know some fashionable people finding expensive brand things with huge discounts... Never paid much attention to their talking (don't remember where and how) but can ask for links, adresses at the next occasion, if you are interested...
    Бешеной собачке семь верст - не крюк!

Quote Originally Posted by Inola View Post
    Internet shops is the best option for you, IMHO.. Know some fashionable people finding expensive brand things with huge discounts... Never paid much attention to their talking (don't remember where and how) but can ask for links, adresses at the next occasion, if you are interested...
    We're about to contract a Boutique for the card ...
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

New Yorker, a German brand, is usually cheap and sometimes fashionable. You can find it at Metropolis Shopping Centre on the greenline M Voikovskaya.

Modis is ok quality and cheap, Prolyetarskaya

darkstarfox Guest
    Please elaborate?

I heard that there is some store which sells last season's collections at very reasonable prices.. but I could not find it.
    try ELIT in Chistye Prudy Bulvar or Komision also along chistye prudy bulvar...they sell authentic second hand branded clothes...i think also reasonable prices ranging from 2000-5000, it depends on what brand name..they also have office and cocktail dresses...and of course shoes and bags...really luxurious

Clothes is not the best thing to buy in Moscow.
    Usually moscovites buy it abroad themselves (in Italy, France, Germany, US or at small shops on the seacost where they go for a rest).

Here there are o lot of fakes, unfashionable things, all more or less good is seriously overpriced in comparison to Europe & US.

Another option is western online stores or some members-only sales that are becoming more and more popular in Russia nowadays.
    The problem is that you can't try it on before you buy,

I went to stock center yesterday @ 1905 street and the clothes are mostly horrible. Wouldn't even pay those prices for the clothes they are selling.

I went to stock center yesterday @ 1905 street and the clothes are mostly horrible.
    muhahahahahahahaha.
    ◀► ◢◤

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast