littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody had a dacha built?

Has anybody had a dacha built?

I have a plot of land west of Moscow. I would like to build a small house, dacha, or log cabin on it. Has any expats got experience in this area?

If so I would be grateful of any contacts of suppliers and builders. Nothing too expensive, as we are not wealthy.

LOL i could write all day with the optons avalable. but firstly some questions, do you meen Dacha or Dom, do you wish to live there ? and if so winter as well?
    is there Gas in the village? electrisity if so how many amps? Water is on tap, well or bore? if so how deep. how many sodca? for septic tank, what size house ?

give me that and ill give you the cheap way to go, with out it looking like a mess, are you a DIY guy ??

I'm a DIY guy but I have my limitations. especially when building a house. There is supposed to electricity, also water but most of the locals choose to have their own well. location is usuful as it is just off a main road. Other plots are deep inside with only a dirt track. It wont be used all year round because our work isn't there and it's about an hours drive.

To me our dacha is just like the cask of Danaides. You invest your money in it and the end is never seen. I'm beginning to hate it! But I have no choice as my mum has been living there for seven years and will never move anywhere else. Where exactly is your dacha btw? Mine is next to Novopetrovskoe. I drive along the New Riga.

Someone once described his boat to me as "a wooden hole in the water in which you pour money". Dachas can be that wooden hole in the ground, too.

An own well is by the way not a bad idea, as long as you make sure you get a proper pump. Cheap pumps in the end are expensive.

Electricity: make sure it is not tapped from the neighbours. We had years of electricity failures untill we installed it by ourselves.

Get gas, useful for a lot of things, not in the least heating, boiler, etc.

Make sure you include a proper bathroom in your plans. You wouldn't want to add another building to your dacha just to have a shower and toilet.

water, if everyone has a well, the water will only be about 3-4 meters down Max, i would drop a bore, check out the cost in the local gazette about 1500 a meter for a 100mm with pipe, i would go to 8-10 meters to get good quality all year water and plenty of it. say pump and some pipe insulated about 40Kp

Electrisity Correct pay the money and get it hooked up. give me a yell when you get closer to the time say 30K p with meter + hook up charges, wife can ring about that.

Bathroom and Toilet Has to be a must, long drops are not cool, so shower toilet say 4kp + pluming 3Kp header tank etc 5Kp lining out 2Kp

Heating well Gas is the best but if its just for the weekends sort of thing boint bother 90Kp hook up and pluming heating water heater stove etc etc kiss away close to 200Kp

i did the maths on Gas vers electrisity a couple of times for a 200m2 house and the cost of hooking up gas and electristy then the cost of using gas or just electrsity = about 45 years to breake even, IE 45 years before gass is cheaper than electrisity alone. but hay theres bottels, and a wood fire.

about 10k can get a very good wood fire, steel round with air pipes in it, these air pipes can be plumed about the house etc.

Joinery well plastic is the best but there is nothing wrong with the ready made wooden appartment stuff just need to seal it up well.

let me know your land size and shape and buget and i can work some thing out for you.
    as an idear, 100m2 log cabin + footings ,floor, roof, uumm every thing LOL is about 100 000p and thats not from the good siberian logs.

Clean32,
    Erhm... my in-laws built the dacha without that bathroom and toilet thing.
    You seem to be putting all this info down like it's routine for you.
    Now, cramping the toilet and bathroom into the house right now is sort of impossible. Have the gas and water and electricity though.
    Suppose I would like to put down a little cabin next to the place:
    - Water tank with boiler
    - shower
    - toilet
    - hell, let's throw in a little Banya (optional though)
    - sceptic tank to store the bad stuff
    - some wooden construction in order not having to do this open-air
    ...what sort of amount would I be looking at?

Needless to say - I'm not wealthy either.

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    Clean32,
    OptinaL?????!!!! To many it's the main one if not the only one....
    Last edited by maribel; 28-08-2007 at 21:44.

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    Clean32,
    Erhm... my in-laws built the dacha without that bathroom and toilet thing.
    You seem to be putting all this info down like it's routine for you.
    Now, cramping the toilet and bathroom into the house right now is sort of impossible. Have the gas and water and electricity though.
    Suppose I would like to put down a little cabin next to the place:
    - Water tank with boiler
    - shower
    - toilet
    - sceptic tank to store the bad stuff
    - some wooden construction in order not having to do this open-air
    ...what sort of amount would I be looking at?
    well, a bit hard to say with out haveing a look first. again is it for all year or just for summer?
    but what i will say is get a gas on wall water heater. and depending on your water pump maybe a header tank in the roff some where, IE a plastic 44 gallon drum. septic tanks you can dig your self about 4 meters from the house 2X4 with a partion, so its realy 2 tanks, when one is full add a bit of pipe and use the next one, buy the time the second one is full you can dig out the first, its just like compost then, chuck it on the compost heap for a year then on to the Garden. i use cement floor slabs damaged for the floor and sides and partion of the tank, and old railway sleepers for the top, polothene then about 6" of dirt and some grass. so say 40Kp for about 6m2 flush toilet and shower at a gess.

and yes i have built many, i would call low cost houseing all year.

just remember square is always cheeper

Quote Originally Posted by maribel View Post
    OptinaL?????!!!! To many it's the main one of not the only....
    Oops!
    No worries, the estimate given by Clean32 makes me think that we might actually go for an extra few metres for a banya.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Bels View Post
    I have a plot of land west of Moscow. I would like to build a small house, dacha, or log cabin on it. Has any expats got experience in this area?

If so I would be grateful of any contacts of suppliers and builders. Nothing too expensive, as we are not wealthy.
    Check out this site ..

Сруб дома, бани, коттеджа. Строительство деревянных домов. Продажа срубов, срубы любого размера. Деревянные дома. Проекты деревянных домов. Рубленый дом. Строительство коттеджей.

Quote Originally Posted by maribel View Post
    To me our dacha is just like the cask of Danaides. You invest your money in it and the end is never seen. I'm beginning to hate it! But I have no choice as my mum has been living there for seven years and will never move anywhere else. Where exactly is your dacha btw? Mine is next to Novopetrovskoe. I drive along the New Riga.
    That's where my plot is

LOL maribel meat Bels, Bels meat maribel

Thank you Judge. Seems a very good site and I will beading it soon in more detail. I was a bit worried it was going to be Russian language but it comes in many language versions including English.

Log houses and banyas construction. Classical Russian wooden house using manually pre-cut timber blocks

The above is the same site recommended by Judge in English

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast