littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get a PRP (non-quota)

How to get a PRP (non-quota)

PRP = Permanent Residence Permit, or Vid Na Zhitelstvoe.

Not sure if there is a quota for PRPs, but I picked up mine almost a week ago. Here's the info.

SITUATION:
    Dutchman, married to a Russian, on a TRP. No agencies used.

WHEN TO START:
    Begin preparations well before the expiry date of your TRP (Temporary Residence Permit). Your application needs to be in, at latest, 6 months before the TRP expires. And you can already apply for a PRP after having a TRP for a year. So, you have no excuse to be late.

HANDING IN DOCUMENTS FOR TRP
    When applying for your PRP, you'll need:
    - Application form, filled out twice;
    - Statement from Sberbank that you paid RUB1,000 to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in);
    - A health statement ("Медицинское заключение о состоянии здоровья иностранного гражданина");
    - Passport + notarized translation (also of current visa); CHECK THE EXPIRY DATE of your PASSPORT. If it is less than a few years valid, better first renew your passport and then apply.
    - Marriage certificate + apostille (unless married in Russia) + notarized translation;
    - (if applicable) a notarized translation of a statement of employment
    - (if employed in Russia) a proof of sufficient income (you could get this from your employer if you are employed by a Russian company)
    - (if not employed in Russia), a statement of your Russian bank saying that you have at least 130.000 rubles on it: note that the bank account should have been opened more than a year ago.

PROCEDURE:
    Pretty much the same as TRP, with the exception that you don't need to hand over police records.
    However: Pokrovka 42 isn't doing this anymore. They will send you to ул. Кирпичная дом 32, стр.1 (this is where you will have to pick the PRP up at the end of the process). But they will direct you to the UFMS of your district. In my case, I went to Большая Полянка, дом 33/41.

So, it is again preparation of documents and running for medical checks. You've done it before.

When you have all the documents ready (see above), you fill in the application form (without mistakes), hand in the documents, Ask the officer to write a phone number for enquiries.

My way of checking whether the PRP was ready or not was calling. There's a central database when they can check the status of your application.

Once you are sure that your PRP is ready, take your справка and your passport to ул. Кирпичная дом 32, стр.1. There, wait in line for room 103. At some point a person will come out to collect the справки and you'll get your PRP, along with a letter from the head of UFMS, asking your local office to register you.

REGISTER
    Under TRP, you were registered using your passport. With a PRP, registration is different: first you change the registration at the DEZ, and after that you register with UFMS.

At DEZ, tell them you got the PRP and you need to be registered at UFMS and that therefore, you first need to be re-registered at DEZ. Ownership papers need to be shown. As I own an apartment I took my ownership certificate, so I don't know what's the deal if you're renting. The point is: you need to be registered under your PRP. The result is a stash of papers from DEZ.

At the local UFMS office you'll have to hand in the following documents:
    Mentioned letter from UFMS;
    Copy of your passport + PRP;
    Copy of the ownership statement of the place you want to register (e.g. flat);
    Copy of the financial statement of the flat (done by the owner).
    The DEZ stash of papers.

I didn't have to show any financial documents upon first registration.

You also have to show all the originals when you hand in the copies, as well as the passports of your wife (if applicable) and the owner of the flat. Finally you have to pay RUB200 in Sberbank to УФМС России по г. Москве (or whatever city you live in). You can pay it Sberbank terminals, actually.
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Quota

There is no quota for PRP.

I've just handed in my documents last week, will eventually post how the entire thing went for me

Quote Originally Posted by NLD View Post
    I've just handed in my documents last week, will eventually post how the entire thing went for me
    Thanks. We can merge those experiences either in the first post here, or replace this thread.
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

If you get married, can you skip the TRP and go straight for the PRP?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonL View Post
    If you get married, can you skip the TRP and go straight for the PRP?
    Nope. Foreign citizen married to Russian can get TRP without quota. All have to get TRP first then PRP after one year. I know it's stupid but it's Russia.

So do you get a stamp in passport for PRP?

It is not stupid. It is PROCEDURE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    Nope. Foreign citizen married to Russian can get TRP without quota. All have to get TRP first then PRP after one year. I know it's stupid but it's Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    It is not stupid. It is PROCEDURE.
    I think it's perfectly fine too. PRP gives people more rights to move around, so there is a reason to first make them stay on a TRP. If not, everyone would apply somewhere else and then immediately move to Moscow.

The reason for so many medical tests is that they don't want the Russian State hospitals to be burdened by treating people with chronic diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by mandelstam13 View Post
    So do you get a stamp in passport for PRP?
    Yes I did.

You mentioned getting a new passport if expiry date close. How does that work with TRP stamp? I presume you just show old passport? But what about travel? I can get a second UK passport, but will they accept that?

I can get a second UK passport, but will they accept that?
    They will put the TRP stamp in only 1 passport.

Hello just came from TRP forum and have question that was posited by SV1973. AM long term Moscow resident (here for almost 14 yrs), married for over 6 years to Russian and now working on a highly qualified visa. Have been preparing for my TRP and just about to apply. Can I go direct to a PRP or must I get TRP first?

Unless I am missing something going right to PRP is better...No?

Thanks to all in advance for help

Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    going right to PRP is better...No?
    One adverse thing is, I believe, that you can no longer drive on your foreign Driving Licence on PRP but must have a local one. (Test, bribe or exchange).

I also have something in the bottom of my mind about tax - but I cannot draw the thought to the surface through the beer!
    If you ride or just dream of it ...
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533442

rubyrussia is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Dez??? Is that the regulat place people with visas go to register?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast