littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get a PRP (non-quota)

Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    married for over 6 years to Russian and now working on a highly qualified visa. Have been preparing for my TRP and just about to apply. Can I go direct to a PRP or must I get TRP first?
    You must get your TRP first, then apply for the PRP.

Regarding timing - the UFMS told me that I can apply for the PRP 12 months after I applied for the TRP. Therefore I believe it should be possible to receive the PRP after holding the TRP for only 12 months.

Worth noting that the following two guys are kind of gurus on this forum... and they disagree with me. They think you need to have the TRP for 18 months, since they were told they can only apply for the PRP after 12 months holding the TRP.

Quote Originally Posted by NLD View Post
    By law, yes, you're allowed to receive your PRP after having TRP for a year, but at least in Moscow in practice they'll only accept the application after a year, no earlier. (Yes, we checked, several times.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SV1973a View Post
    mostly, FMS will not accept the PRP application, until after the first year after the TRP granting.
    For what it's worth, I went through the process after them - and I was told there was a recent legislative change which impacted this timing. My TRP application anniversary is in another 6 months, so I'll report back then - after I attempt to apply for the PRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    Worth noting that the following two guys are kind of gurus on this forum... and they disagree with me. They think you need to have the TRP for 18 months, since they were told they can only apply for the PRP after 12 months holding the TRP.
    It's not that I disagree, it's that I had different experiences. In Moscow, those are very different things :P

If you say you could hand in your PRP documents before having had your TRP for a year, then I'll believe you I myself remember having read that that should be possible, even though for me it was denied. (Because the moon wasn't full, or because it was a Tuesday, or the officer had "that week of the month", or ... )

It's not that I disagree, it's that I had different experiences. In Moscow, those are very different things :P

If you say you could hand in your PRP documents before having had your TRP for a year, then I'll believe you I myself remember having read that that should be possible, even though for me it was denied. (Because the moon wasn't full, or because it was a Tuesday, or the officer had "that week of the month", or ... )
    So true! Seems to be the way things work around here. :-)

There is no quota for PRP if you are married to a citizen.

Follow up - minimum TRP time is 1 year, not 18 months.

Just following up ... I can confirm that I was able to submit my PRP application after holding a TRP for only 6 months. (This applies if you are married to a russian citizen for 3 years). So technically, it's possible to be on the TRP for only 1 year before receiving your PRP.

Bank account

I'll be applying for a PRP in St. Petersburg, but regardless...

What happens if you've opened a bank account recently and not "at least a year" prior? My TRP is expiring in about 9 months, so I don't really have time to wait around, but don't have any other proof of income.

If you used that account for your last TRP registration I see no issues whatsoever.

In the other case, you'll need that bank account for registering your PRP which is still far away. I can't imagine UFMS making a point out of it. As long as you didn't open the account a day or a week before registering, I think you'll have no problem.

And otherwise, just explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethH View Post
    I'll be applying for a PRP in St. Petersburg, but regardless...

What happens if you've opened a bank account recently and not "at least a year" prior? My TRP is expiring in about 9 months, so I don't really have time to wait around, but don't have any other proof of income.
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    If you used that account for your last TRP registration I see no issues whatsoever.

In the other case, you'll need that bank account for registering your PRP which is still far away. I can't imagine UFMS making a point out of it. As long as you didn't open the account a day or a week before registering, I think you'll have no problem.

And otherwise, just explain it.
    As an addition if questions from UFMS rise, it may appear useful to have bank statement (банковская выписка операций по счёту in Russian), for, let's say, last 6-9 months, to show them funds movement.
    [For me it worked when I applied docs for visa in somewhat EU embassy ]

With your high qualified visa you can get your PRP without getting the TRP first. The advantage is that you can skip the application process for the TRP, which is lengthy and bureaucratic. Also you can only get the TRP once whereas the PRP can be extended every five years. And the PRP allows you to travel and work anywhere in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    you can only get the TRP once
    You can get TRP more than once, just cannot renew. You can apply again after 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    With your high qualified visa you can get your PRP without getting the TRP first. The advantage is that you can skip the application process for the TRP, which is lengthy and bureaucratic. Also you can only get the TRP once whereas the PRP can be extended every five years. And the PRP allows you to travel and work anywhere in Russia.
    Can one get a regular PRP on HQS or
    Is it tied with the work contract?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    Can one get a regular PRP on HQS or
    Is it tied with the work contract?
    IMO it's tied with the work contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Max1982 View Post
    IMO it's tied with the work contract.
    Yes, so only benefit form that route is to take the next step "citizenship", then that route is a sort of a shortcut the way I see it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123