littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: How to get a PRP (non-quota)

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    married for over 6 years to Russian and now working on a highly qualified visa. Have been preparing for my TRP and just about to apply. Can I go direct to a PRP or must I get TRP first?
    You must get your TRP first, then apply for the PRP.

    Regarding timing - the UFMS told me that I can apply for the PRP 12 months after I applied for the TRP. Therefore I believe it should be possible to receive the PRP after holding the TRP for only 12 months.

    Worth noting that the following two guys are kind of gurus on this forum... and they disagree with me. They think you need to have the TRP for 18 months, since they were told they can only apply for the PRP after 12 months holding the TRP.

    Quote Originally Posted by NLD View Post
    By law, yes, you're allowed to receive your PRP after having TRP for a year, but at least in Moscow in practice they'll only accept the application after a year, no earlier. (Yes, we checked, several times.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SV1973a View Post
    mostly, FMS will not accept the PRP application, until after the first year after the TRP granting.
    For what it's worth, I went through the process after them - and I was told there was a recent legislative change which impacted this timing. My TRP application anniversary is in another 6 months, so I'll report back then - after I attempt to apply for the PRP.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    139
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    Worth noting that the following two guys are kind of gurus on this forum... and they disagree with me. They think you need to have the TRP for 18 months, since they were told they can only apply for the PRP after 12 months holding the TRP.
    It's not that I disagree, it's that I had different experiences. In Moscow, those are very different things :P

    If you say you could hand in your PRP documents before having had your TRP for a year, then I'll believe you I myself remember having read that that should be possible, even though for me it was denied. (Because the moon wasn't full, or because it was a Tuesday, or the officer had "that week of the month", or ... )

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by NLD View Post
    It's not that I disagree, it's that I had different experiences. In Moscow, those are very different things :P

    If you say you could hand in your PRP documents before having had your TRP for a year, then I'll believe you I myself remember having read that that should be possible, even though for me it was denied. (Because the moon wasn't full, or because it was a Tuesday, or the officer had "that week of the month", or ... )
    So true! Seems to be the way things work around here. :-)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 0
    There is no quota for PRP if you are married to a citizen.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 0

    Follow up - minimum TRP time is 1 year, not 18 months.

    Quote Originally Posted by NLD View Post
    If you say you could hand in your PRP documents before having had your TRP for a year, then I'll believe you I myself remember having read that that should be possible, even though for me it was denied. (Because the moon wasn't full, or because it was a Tuesday, or the officer had "that week of the month", or ... )
    Just following up ... I can confirm that I was able to submit my PRP application after holding a TRP for only 6 months. (This applies if you are married to a russian citizen for 3 years). So technically, it's possible to be on the TRP for only 1 year before receiving your PRP.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Posts
    19
    Thanked: 0

    Bank account

    I'll be applying for a PRP in St. Petersburg, but regardless...

    What happens if you've opened a bank account recently and not "at least a year" prior? My TRP is expiring in about 9 months, so I don't really have time to wait around, but don't have any other proof of income.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    4,476
    Thanked: 46
    If you used that account for your last TRP registration I see no issues whatsoever.

    In the other case, you'll need that bank account for registering your PRP which is still far away. I can't imagine UFMS making a point out of it. As long as you didn't open the account a day or a week before registering, I think you'll have no problem.

    And otherwise, just explain it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethH View Post
    I'll be applying for a PRP in St. Petersburg, but regardless...

    What happens if you've opened a bank account recently and not "at least a year" prior? My TRP is expiring in about 9 months, so I don't really have time to wait around, but don't have any other proof of income.
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    21,640
    Thanked: 3272
    Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    If you used that account for your last TRP registration I see no issues whatsoever.

    In the other case, you'll need that bank account for registering your PRP which is still far away. I can't imagine UFMS making a point out of it. As long as you didn't open the account a day or a week before registering, I think you'll have no problem.

    And otherwise, just explain it.
    As an addition if questions from UFMS rise, it may appear useful to have bank statement (банковская выписка операций по счёту in Russian), for, let's say, last 6-9 months, to show them funds movement.
    [For me it worked when I applied docs for visa in somewhat EU embassy ]

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    693
    Thanked: 548
    With your high qualified visa you can get your PRP without getting the TRP first. The advantage is that you can skip the application process for the TRP, which is lengthy and bureaucratic. Also you can only get the TRP once whereas the PRP can be extended every five years. And the PRP allows you to travel and work anywhere in Russia.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    90
    Thanked: 18
    Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    you can only get the TRP once
    You can get TRP more than once, just cannot renew. You can apply again after 3 years.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    249
    Thanked: 93
    Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    With your high qualified visa you can get your PRP without getting the TRP first. The advantage is that you can skip the application process for the TRP, which is lengthy and bureaucratic. Also you can only get the TRP once whereas the PRP can be extended every five years. And the PRP allows you to travel and work anywhere in Russia.
    Can one get a regular PRP on HQS or
    Is it tied with the work contract?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    42
    Thanked: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoverLearn View Post
    Can one get a regular PRP on HQS or
    Is it tied with the work contract?
    IMO it's tied with the work contract.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    1,880
    Thanked: 807
    Quote Originally Posted by Max1982 View Post
    IMO it's tied with the work contract.
    Yes, so only benefit form that route is to take the next step "citizenship", then that route is a sort of a shortcut the way I see it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •