littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: looking for nanny in Cheboksary

CheboMike Guest

looking for nanny in Cheboksary

pls let me know whether you know any reliable nannies in Cheboksary

Larry Paradine is offline Incompetent wizard, frantically calculating how many of his seven plus one lives are left
    I don't know any nannies, reliable or otherwise, but I'm a long term resident of Cheboksary and will make inquiries. A few details would be helpful, e.g. how many kids? live in or out? do you only want a nanny who can speak English? (You'll be lucky!!)

I suppose you've posted this in the NN section because there isn't one for Cheboksary. Thanks for reminding me of that. Several years ago, when I started the threads on Samara and Togliatti, I intended to start one on our "Pearl of the Volga" but never got around to it. if I've got time, I'll rectify that omission this weekend.

By the way, are you in Cheboksary now? Are you a native English speaker? If so, I have rather mixed feelings about that: on the one hand, I welcome any expat bold enough to venture beyond the Golden Ring cities, especially one visiting this beautiful, small (but, Alas! swiftly expanding) city, but I don't relish the prospect of losing my status of Cheboksary's единственный англичанин.

My ex-girlfriend is from Cheboksar and will try to find some info through her.

I understand you, it is terrible. But... не жадничай!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Paradine View Post
    I don't relish the prospect of losing my status of Cheboksary's единственный англичанин.

Larry Paradine is offline Incompetent wizard, frantically calculating how many of his seven plus one lives are left
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    I understand you, it is terrible. But... не жадничай!
    Жадность - это мой главный порок! Не буду писать о Чебоксарах, боюсь, что ещё damn tourists will come here and spoil my idyll. Over the last twelve years I've seen too many modernisations and "improvements" to this lovely city; fortunately, Nikolai Fyodorov, the driving force behind the impetus to turn a delightful provincial backwater into a megapolis, is no longer President, but his lamentable taste in grandiose metropolitan adornments has not been renounced by his successor.

I know quite a lot of expats who are or have lived in chebosary....even aussies...

I visited next door Yoshkar Ola amd north to Kirov and out to Kazan many times...but i never got to chebosary itself....many say it is quite a green city.
    cured

It is a big village.

Moscow too BTW
    Quote Originally Posted by tasel View Post
    It is a big village.

Quote Originally Posted by tasel View Post
    It is a big village.
    That's part of its charm. Three years ago citizens gave a decisive NO in a referendum called by president Fyodorov, who wanted to combine Cheboksary with its sister city (or village, as tasel would say) Novocheboksarsk, in order to create a Chuvash megapolis. Fyodorov is now ex-president, and Cheboksary still retains a village atmosphere, but it's now a very big village (population over the half million mark).