littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incredible Accident - No one hurt

Incredible Accident - No one hurt

Not sure if this is the right section to post this but wanted to share what I saw tonight as I was riding back home from BoozeBub which BTW is a really good place to hang with a very friendly bartender. I don't think I have ever taken a picture of an accident but this one really surprised me and I decided to shoot it also because everyone waled away!

There were 3 cars involved 2 of which are in the pucture and another one (totalled brand new Nissan GTR) about 200 ft down the street.

I don't know exaclty what happened but it seemed like the Mazda CX7 (not a light car) was just dropped upside down from the roof of the building....
    If a lawyer and your mother-in-law were drowning, and you could only save one of them, would you go watch TV or just have a drink?

It doesn't look like it was dropped. It would be much more damaged, IMO.

Remember, high vehicles are very unstable. Maybe the GTR hit it and caused it to flip?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
    It doesn't look like it was dropped. It would be much more damaged, IMO.

Remember, high vehicles are very unstable. Maybe the GTR hit it and caused it to flip?
    Yes it was flipped; I said it only looked like it was dropped. really, this was such an amazing thing to see and as I said, I would have never stopped to stare if it wasn't so incredible.

I think the GTR was flying and hit the Mazda which made it flip. The one thing I don't understand is how the impact was so violent if they were travelling the same direction...anyway, I am very happy they all walked away.
    If a lawyer and your mother-in-law were drowning, and you could only save one of them, would you go watch TV or just have a drink?

How damaged was the GTR? It's such a low car, I could imagine it being wedged under an SUV like a CX-7. It doesn't take much to destabilise an SUV - maybe it was swung around a bit and then started to roll by itself.

How damaged was the GTR?
    I wish I could have taken a picture man; the whole front end was completely disintegrated! I think whta you said is exactly what happened because there is absolutely no other explanation to this weird dynamic.

Cheers

Hello all,

Being part of the "streetracer community" I have pics and video of the accident.

The cars involved were a Nissan GTR (caused the accident by plowing 2 cars on the side of the road), Volvo XC90, Lada 2101 and Opel Astra (on side of the road).

Most likely the driver lost consciousness or the brakes cut out as he lost control, crashed, then went on for another 200 or so meters until the car stopped.

Verdict: The GTR is one hell of a solid car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SFiF4cqAbI"]YouTube - ‪CH01f (1).avi‬‏[/ame]

Cheers to all!

Looks like he hit someone further up the road first.

That's also the strangest CX-7 I've ever seen.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Let's hope they ban the guy for good number of years.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Most likely the driver lost consciousness or the brakes cut out as he lost control, crashed, then went on for another 200 or so meters until the car stopped.
    Or the guy was speeding, tried to overtake on the inside lane,couldn't get through and lost control of his car.

Looks like he hit someone further up the road first.

That's also the strangest CX-7 I've ever seen.
    Dude it was late when I took the picture and that's what it looked like...

Awesome post mrzuzzo; thanks because I had a lot of the facts wrong...

Angle #2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMA6W3DM7o"]YouTube - ‪ДТП на Садовнической.avi‬‏[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by mrzuzzo View Post
    Angle #2
    Any idea what time it happened?

What a solid GTR!!!!

Seriously, screw those guys. Thank god nothing happened to any pedestrians or anyone involved in the accident.

I have nothing against street racing, but cut it out when you are in the inside skirts of the city. I don't want to imagine what could have happened if pedestrians would have just passed the cars parked on that side of the road.

It just makes me sad and angry. And I don't feel sorry a bit for the wrecked GTR nor for the driver.

There is nothing "cool" about this.

Quote Originally Posted by mattology View Post
    Seriously, screw those guys. Thank god nothing happened to any pedestrians or anyone involved in the accident.

I have nothing against street racing, but cut it out when you are in the inside skirts of the city. I don't want to imagine what could have happened if pedestrians would have just passed the cars parked on that side of the road.

It just makes me sad and angry. And I don't feel sorry a bit for the wrecked GTR nor for the driver.

There is nothing "cool" about this.
    I couldn't agree more - 'Keep death off the roads' - there are enough road traffic 'accidents' in Russia without having untrained idiots street racing cars they can't handle and breaking speed limits / regulations without appreciating the consequences
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast