Moscow Animals

littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal care and veterinarian help in Moscow

Animal care and veterinarian help in Moscow

There are a lot of veterinarian clinics in Moscow, non-state and the so-called state-run “stations for fighting animal diseases”.
    Though at the first approach it may seem that prices in state stations are low, most probably eventually they will sum up to the same total as the cost per visit in privately run clinics.
    So whatever help you need, from simple inspection to vaccination to neutering to a consultation of a therapist on kidney or liver problems of a pet, and, strange as it may seem, euthanasia, be sure that you carefully select not only the clinic, but also the specific doctor you are going to trust the life of your pet to. If today is the shift of a good doctor in a good reputable clinic, it can be that tomorrow is a shift of a doctor who is not worth a visit and you'd better wait for the good one to return to work, or consider going to another clinic with an urgent problem.
    Going to a clinic just because it is accross the street or just around the corner from your home is not a good decision.

Here you can find a list of state-run veterinarian stations and non-state clinics of Moscow
    http://pesikot.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=147672

Here is the list of veterinarians
    http://pesikot.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=147675

And here is a data base where you can search by the name of the doctor, the name of the clinic. specialization of the doctors etc.
    (The data base is only in Russian, and as I am writing this message, I am reading on the site that it will be out of operation through September 2011 ).
    http://www.vet-site.ru

It will never hurt to ask for advice at pet care forums if the choice of a doctor is of vital importance.

Other useful links are
    www.zooforum.ru
    It is good for asking initial questions on various pet health issues, and for double-checking if you feel that the treatment your vet is giving does not work right.. maybe it is time to look for another doctor. Consultations are given by veterinarians.

http://ru-cats.livejournal.com/ is the Russia’s largest cat community in the LJ where you can discuss any cat related matters and share cat related expereiences.
    You might also want to seek some advice in http://ru-vet.livejournal.com/

Useful information on pet care in Moscow in the English language can be found here
    http://www.moscowanimals.org/advice/advice.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to malta For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (14-08-2017)

do dogs have to be registered in moscow as well?

Beliy klik in Mitino

Veterinarian recommendation

Can any recommend a local veterinarian for our mastiff puppy.
    We have tried several and the service has been inconsistent at best.
    One Veterinarian we met was excellent, but she is no longer at the clinic.
    Thanks!

Ferrets

Is there anywhere to put a ferret if you go on vacation? Something like a kennel. And is it expensive?

I can recommend a GREAT bird vet, but she doesn't speak English. PM me. My parrot got VERY SICK from the sh!t 2 weeks ago that was in the air. It suppressed his immune system to the point that he got a spontaneous intestinal infection that left unchecked would have killed him. That kind of thing can kill a bird in 2-4 days. I have had birds since I was a child and know that as soon as behavior changes and they show signs of being sick you need to act ASAP. My poor guy was obviously sick and could not properly digest food and lost major weight in just over a day. 20 injections of antibiotics later and hand feeding 3-4 times a day to get him fattened up, he is fine. Yeah it was pretty time consuming to do all that(injections morning eve and all the feeding), but it's what had to be done for him to pull through. He's up to mischief and chatting and playing again now
    happybirds.ru is also a great place to go for everything that tweets and chirps.

Where can I adopt (rescue) a chihuahua in Moscow? If I take him home to the United States do I need any paperwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Olyunchik View Post
    Beliy klik in Mitino
    as well Bely Klik in Strogino. we use them for years. though once Jhinn ( the dog) needed a serious operation, we used, at their recommendation, the BOTKIN Veterinary Clinic. The Botkin Hospital is just around the corner, this is for information only. it is not the same doctors doing operations on canines and humans... though when in NEED, suppose it would not matter to me.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by alisap View Post
    Where can I adopt (rescue) a chihuahua in Moscow? If I take him home to the United States do I need any paperwork?
    read your other post.my reply is there.

Quote Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    Thanks!
    i, like others here, recommend Bely Klik. they are on the internet as well. though like with human doctors and clinics, reading through their FB site, some people are unhappy ( and reading though their posts not always objective. or do understand WHY things happened) others are satisfied. BK are all over town, so for sure there will be one nearby your place.

Quote Originally Posted by vikvik View Post
    you do not have to pay tax for your dog like you do in Austria or Germany, or wherever. But there are certain vaccinations your dog MUST have and than you get a -passport- and a token-dog tag ( Hundemarke). and of course an entry into the computer system of the vet clinic. SHOULD it happen that your dog bites someone and you can not prove that you have vaccinated him, it will be indeed hairy for the dog owner....( rabies for instance...)

You can always call a veterinatian to home, there's a special clinic for that. http://veterinar-na-dom.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vikvik View Post
    well, you do not pay tax. but the dog or cat or any other pet needs jabs for whatever reasons. and that you get from the vet a nice booklet with the pets photo and other data. and all the jabs it got. it is rather important should your pet bite someone. by accident or god fobid, on purpose. and if you have no proof that the animal does not have the needed vacsinations, even your Gold mastercard will not be enough to pay all the fines,hospital bills and court case.

Call vet at hom

Quote Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    Thanks!
    I think there is no doubt that emergency vet have lot of practice with variety of animals. One of my favorite vet here.

Quote Originally Posted by vladymir777 View Post
    I think there is no doubt that emergency vet have lot of practice with variety of animals. One of my favorite vet here.
    i think a lot will also depend where you live. no use or need to schlepp all the way through town when a good vet is nearby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast