littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Shooters, Redtape and Expat.ru

Shooters, Redtape and Expat.ru

I joined this forum last December, so I donít really know the full story, so please correct me if I am wrong somewhere. From what I can gather this is the story:

There is a forum called redtape.ru, which was started by Len, or Moscow Mail, who at some stage was also working in some way for expat.ru. They stole the email list, and some posters, and went to make their own forum.

From what I can gather the boss of this expat.ru forum is Ezhik. So when competition started up I guess Ezhik was not too happy.

Recently a new bar, Shooters opened in Moscow. One of the owners of the bar is Moscow Mail. Some money has obviously changed hands, Ezhik and Moscow Mail seem to have put their differences aside, and Ezhik is now one of the most enthusiastic supporters of Shooters.

So now to the point. If the big boys have sorted out their difficulties, why dont you join the 2 forums together?

From what I can gather there are a few posters on expat that these redtape people dont like, and vice versa. Maybe it would be best to sacrifice Willy, and join the 2 forums together?

...but only if the format of the forum is based on expat.ru - to me the forum system/software that is used on redtape is too complicated, too overloaded and just not user-friendly

However, I strongly believe that this will not happen. Why? What would be the benefit, and secondly, what has the venue "Shooters" have to do with anything that happens on the forum? It's not like that bar is exclusively run for redtape members or expat.ru members... it is "just another bar & grill out there in Moscow", amongst thousands of other good places.

Quote Originally Posted by sis View Post
    Maybe it would be best to sacrifice Willy, and join the 2 forums together?

There is more than enough room for 2 sites, and possibly more. Both are run as separate businesses and entities by different owners, each having had subtsantial funds injected.

Why should the owners dilute their substantial investments?

Users can flit between both sites, or stick to the one they prefer

The main thing is that it is not an 'us and them' issue, both sites 'compliment' one another and should continue to do so - and I mean that in both senses of the word!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

I joined the forum crew (after doing content management) of Expat.ru in 2007, so I wasn't an admin at that time.

Len and some others had their reasons to start their own forum, which they did. There's a lot of overlap between the forums, but I think they are different on some points.

Being the forum admin doesn't mean being "the boss". Just, recently, I have decided to do more on Expat.ru's visibility, because I think all of us can benefit from being known as a big and active community. Expat cards are one example.

I've been supporting Shooters as they came with a good proposition, which, in my view, worked out well. I liked the party, it has been a good co-operation. MoscowMail being a partner in Shooters and being one of the founders of Redtape at the same time, for me, was not an objection. Actually, I found it rather irrelevant (which some don't agree with me on, but that's ok). I'm happy with the co-operation with Shooters so far, so there's a good chance we'll do something more.

As for Redtape: I think that both Redtape and Expat doing fine as they are. Redtape is not a competitor for Expat, because the overlap of members is so big. The atmoshpere on both forums is different, though, which makes a fusion in my view neither feasible nor desired.

As for sacrificing members: not an option, and it's not just Willy that is "here" and not "there".

Hope this clarifies things a bit!

I joined this forum last December, so I donít really know the full story, so please correct me if I am wrong somewhere. From what I can gather this is the story:

There is a forum called redtape.ru, which was started by Len, or Moscow Mail, who at some stage was also working in some way for expat.ru. They stole the email list, and some posters, and went to make their own forum.

From what I can gather the boss of this expat.ru forum is Ezhik. So when competition started up I guess Ezhik was not too happy.

Recently a new bar, Shooters opened in Moscow. One of the owners of the bar is Moscow Mail. Some money has obviously changed hands, Ezhik and Moscow Mail seem to have put their differences aside, and Ezhik is now one of the most enthusiastic supporters of Shooters.

So now to the point. If the big boys have sorted out their difficulties, why dont you join the 2 forums together?

From what I can gather there are a few posters on expat that these redtape people dont like, and vice versa. Maybe it would be best to sacrifice Willy, and join the 2 forums together?
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...yawn.....zzzzz

That's all fine and dandy, but if you want Shooters to really develop into a hotspot, increase our discount there to at least 20% off...25% would be more fair...and better for your biz.

Goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewUSA View Post

That's all fine and dandy, but if you want Shooters to really develop into a hotspot, increase our discount there to at least 20% off...25% would be more fair...and better for your biz.

Goodluck.
    I think 10% is more then enough.

I've already told plenty of people, including students and friends about shooters! They all said they will check it out.
    The discount means nothing to me. The atmosphere the staff and owners are wonderful that's why they will get my business

Quote Originally Posted by drtnsnw View Post
    I do like the idea of sacrificing Willy...
    ... and I'm sure you find enough people here who will provide you with a cross, a hammer and three nails!

I'm not developing Shooters into a hotspot. I'm not a partner of Shooters. And I don't decide on discounts of Shooters or any other place.

Suggest you have a coffee and re-read my previous post.

Goodluck.
    We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ezik View Post
    I'm not developing Shooters into a hotspot. I'm not a partner of Shooters. And I don't decide on discounts of Shooters or any other place.

Suggest you have a coffee and re-read my previous post.

Don't worry it just kind of sounded like that because you wanted the party to be great for all the expat members.Those who know you will understand that you are first for expat.ru and it's members.

I just read your other post Ezik,

"Originally Posted by Willy
    If you are talking about me Ezik I am not spitting on your party, I was hoping it would be good just for the expat.ru. I will tell the truth about Len, Jean and their bar.

That's your truth. My truth (or, rather, opinion) that the place is OK and that, as with every party, some things could have gone better. Fact is that everyone did their best and slagging off the host is not polite. Certainly not in a thread about an event that you did NOT attend. A good party is also a good feeling afterwards. I had it and it is slowly turning into a hangover this way.

Your problems with Jean, Len and Shooters are yours. Make an own thread to discuss it. Better probably if you guys sort this off-line by having a chat.

Originally Posted by Willy
    I told you before about this place and you didn't believe me but what has happened? People said it was too stuffy in there and the sound wasn't good.

You were not at the party you are not in a position to have any verdict about it. People are perfectly able to express themselves.

Originally Posted by Willy
    I can see you wanting to defend your choice to have this party there and maybe it was good from the point of veiw that people got together and met. But it was the people of expat that made your party good not Shooters.

Sorry but you will see that I'm right.

I repeat: You were not at the party you are not in a position to have any verdict about it. Of course it is people who make a party a succes. And the place where it is held. And people who put in their effort to contribute to the succes, while not even part of the organisation, like:
    - The DJ, Jessvica. She and her friends played for around 6 hours, the last DJ standing till the last guest.
    - Someone like Darya.Alexandrovna: helping out on the evening itself, arranging Lera how did the Latin Dance classes.

Finally: I don't feel I need to defend my choice or anything else."

I didn't say anything about your party I said it about Shooters sorry if you confused the two or by me not liking your choice of venue. I think I have a right to decied what places, people and things I can like and where and when I will go.. I did try to meet with Jean and forget that Len is a part of Shooters for you and this site. I know you did your best with what you had to work with and it's great that Darya and DJ, Jessvica.helped out and did a good job but as I wasn't going to go so I did see the need for me to help, sorry I did try and I did tell you about the things people complained about before this party happened.

I also hope that you will look into Len's threats against me and at very lest give him a warning if not a ban.

Goodluck.
    Well, to show you that I really care of you Expat.ru guys, here is our updated offer:

At Shooters, EXPAT.RU card holders will get:

10% discount on all (food and drinks) menu,
    becomes now
    20% discount on all (food and drinks) menu

plus

A complimentary champagne glass for ladies, a free "Shooters" beer for men, for all bills from 600 rub net by person.

plus

Reservation of tables without deposit

Of course, as usual, these offers do not come in addition of other offers (happy hours, biz lunches, coupons, other discounts etc)

But do not ask now 25 or 30%, it won't succeed

About the second point, the glass will be brought to you after the waitress has registered your order.

Voila! I invite Ezik to update his list of Partners offers
    (For technical reasons this will be effective tomorrow Monday from noon)

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    sorry I did try and I did tell you about the things people complained about before this party happened.
    Isn't it amazing how Willy ALWAYS knows best?

Anybody would think that with such a talent, he would be a successfully rich and powerful businessman!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Shooters? A very good promotion. Congratulations!

I cannot believe this is even on someone's mind..sacrifice a poster to unite two forums? For what purpose?? My opinion (and allow me to express it) is that ON ONE should be sacrificed in any way. Disagree if you want but I will never change my mind that this should not happen!

Also, I think it is a great idea to have the party and thank the organizers very much for their work but I wanted to know why events need to take place in basements. There are probably well over 10,000 bars in Moscow and I am sure that something more suitable can be found. Anyway, I still am very much appreciative of the great work so this should not be considered a complaint but simply a suggestion.

Another thread on Shooters, Redtape and Expatru?

Holy crap guys.

Just let it be. Shooter's is a decent place, considering they just opened. Let them work out the bugs and if you like it, support them. Time will tell where it goes.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast